Do you want to discuss boring politics? (31 Viewers)

Evo1883

I never win any arguments in the off topic section fuck sake man
giphy.gif

shmmeee

You say about left-wing activism, but recently we’ve seen people raising concerns about violence towards women, the recent bill the Tories are trying to push through, and more generally concerns around climate change. Are they really things that Labour have to distance themselves from? And if so then what is left for them to stand for other than minimally different governance?

You’re choosing those. But it’s stuff like this Transgender model who said 'all white people are racist' appointed as Labour adviser and the Diane Abbott white people tweet and the Gordon Brown “bigoted woman” and Naz Shah not fucking reading fake Owen Jones accounts tweets before she retweets that sticks and forms opinion and is really hard to get rid of.

That’s one of the things that most annoyed me about Corbyn: the intangible damage he did to the party is really hard to shift. Starmer has basically cut it all of at the knees over a year ago and it’s not cut through at all.

Evo1883

I thought most people were in general agreement with your view, just confused about why the Tories are better.

It so frustrating , how can Labour be this far behind these lot seriously...it's like city being 20 points adrift of Wycombe

shmmeee

It so frustrating , how can Labour be this far behind these lot seriously...it's like city being 20 points adrift of Wycombe

If I knew that mate. It honestly feels like when we went down to L2 and all thought we’d keep dropping, you just gotta hope Mark Robins shows up.

Grendel

Despite the spin Sir Starmer was in a fee paying school as indeed was Mr Blair.

Mr Milliband went so he tells us to a comp but his millionaire father gave him private tuition

Mr Corbyn was a grammar school boy but was so thick as pig shit he could barely scrape an A Level. Mr McDonnell went to a £36,000 a year school who paid for that remains a mystery

Evo1883

I've been a knob all day btw , the lads I worked with today had enough of me by 8am 🤣🤣 City win last night

shmmeee

Mr Milliband went so he tells us to a comp but his millionaire father gave him private tuition

Mr Corbyn was a grammar school boy but was so thick as pig shit he could barely scrape an A Level. Mr McDonnell went to a £36,000 a year school who paid for that remains a mystery

So you’ve proved that there’s an entrenched class system perpetuated by wealth through private education and your answer is to vote Tory? :p

stupot07

Gove went to a fee paying school, you used him as an example of working class earlier. IIRC Starmers school was a grammar school that then got turned into a fee paying school whilst he was there.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Grendel

Gove went to a fee paying school, you used him as an example of working class earlier. IIRC Starmers school was a grammar school that then got turned into a fee paying school whilst he was there.

He went to a state school and then to a fee paying school which he had Bursaries for. Surely he’s an example of inspiration isn’t he? Unlike thick as fuck Corbyn who had a cushy upbringing and well..was just thick

stupot07

He went to a state school and then to a fee paying school which he had Bursaries for. Surely he’s an example of inspiration isn’t he? Unlike thick as fuck Corbyn who had a cushy upbringing and well..was just thick
It would be inspirational if he wasn't a massive c*nt. I was only making the point as you made the point about Starmer going to a fee paying school.

I cant stand Corbyn either.

Grendel

It would be inspirational if he wasn't a massive c*nt. I was only making the point as you made the point about Starmer going to a fee paying school.

I cant stand Corbyn either.

How inspirational

Ian1779

You’re choosing those. But it’s stuff like this Transgender model who said 'all white people are racist' appointed as Labour adviser and the Diane Abbott white people tweet and the Gordon Brown “bigoted woman” and Naz Shah not fucking reading fake Owen Jones accounts tweets before she retweets that sticks and forms opinion and is really hard to get rid of.

That’s one of the things that most annoyed me about Corbyn: the intangible damage he did to the party is really hard to shift. Starmer has basically cut it all of at the knees over a year ago and it’s not cut through at all.
Yeah granted I did pick those. What I always find baffling is that stories like these have so much of an impact on a large group of people’s psyche in a overly negative way but it’s coming from a very small minority of voices - it’s like some wierd paradox.
As for your final comment, we are never going to agree on this point... I think the Brexit position did far more damage than Corbyn could have managed, but we don’t need to go over old ground. Either way (and wherever between those 2 positions the truth is) it probably means we won’t see a chance of a Labour government this decade ☹️

Evo1883

Yeah granted I did pick those. What I always find baffling is that stories like these have so much of an impact on a large group of people’s psyche in a overly negative way but it’s coming from a very small minority of voices - it’s like some wierd paradox.
As for your final comment, we are never going to agree on this point... I think the Brexit position did far more damage than Corbyn could have managed, but we don’t need to go over old ground. Either way (and wherever between those 2 positions the truth is) it probably means we won’t see a chance of a Labour government this decade ☹

Worryingly, I think it's longer than 10 years ..I'm semi resigned to the next 4 or 5 elections

Don't forget the flag shagging Gammon either mate 😉

But no seriously...you do have an understanding of how people think and react to certain narratives

Grendel

For the record if anyone is remotely interested I was born in Hillfields from very working class parents and my father died when I was young

I lived in a council house. I was the one person amongst my circle of friends who decided I’m going to university.

When I left there was record unemployment. I hooked ul
With a company and said I’d work for nothing as work experience as I knew they’d then employ me.

I was the only graduate in a very hourly paid environment in Jaguar and I was ridiculed every day

Didn’t care as I knew I’d do better and then got employed as a bottom grade analyst in marketing. Then I said I’d work any hours they wanted me to work - often I’d go in at 7 am and leave at 10 pm

I got 3 promotions in 4 years and then privately educated all my children.

I honestly think a Thatcher society provided a work and succeed attitude and if I’d been in a Kinnock led government i would be as angry as many on here

shmmeee

As for your final comment, we are never going to agree on this point... I think the Brexit position did far more damage than Corbyn could have managed, but we don’t need to go over old ground. Either way (and wherever between those 2 positions the truth is) it probably means we won’t see a chance of a Labour government this decade ☹

Ive basically written off my kids childhoods which depresses me, but I went through school under the Tories, as long as they come out of Uni in a Labour boom like I did :D

Honestly at the point where I’m hoping Johnson keeps the leadership and maybe his missus convinces him to not totally fuck the planet up and maybe we have some element of an economy left post Brexit. My biggest fear is Brexit has laundered their reputation as much as it’s damaged ours and now people will put up with a true horror like Mogg or one of the ERG.

As much as Labour is copying all the worst bits of the Dems and none of the good, the Tories are on a fast track to Tea Party status but with an air of establishment respectability. That’s scary.

Evo1883

For the record if anyone is remotely interested I was born in Hillfields from very working class parents and my father died when I was young

I lived in a council house. I was the one person amongst my circle of friends who decided I’m going to university.

When I left there was record unemployment. I hooked ul
With a company and said I’d work for nothing as work experience as I knew they’d then employ me.

I was the only graduate in a very hourly paid environment in Jaguar and I was ridiculed every day

Didn’t care as I knew I’d do better and then got employed as a bottom grade analyst in marketing. Then I said I’d work any hours they wanted me to work - often I’d go in at 7 am and leave at 10 pm

I got 3 promotions in 4 years and then privately educated all my children.

I honestly think a Thatcher society provided a work and succeed attitude and if I’d been in a Kinnock led government i would be as angry as many on here

Great achievement , should be proud 👌

Evo1883

Coventrys Labour Council (at a particular branch of employment) have just helped put all the agency staff on pay as you work , and taken us off our guaranteed full time hours but hey #forthepeople

oakey

I can't see the point of Labour any more.
Until we stop talking about a mythical working class that hasn't existed for about 40 years they will go round in circles.
Analysis of society along class lines is of no interest to most people.
Working people no longer have any class solidarity which is characterised by understanding that the Tories are, and always have been, your adversaries.

shmmeee

I can't see the point of Labour any more.
Until we stop talking about a mythical working class that hasn't existed for about 40 years they will go round in circles.
Analysis of society along class lines is of no interest to most people.
Working people no longer have any class solidarity which is characterised by understanding that the Tories are, and always have been, your adversaries.

Working people are still working people with working people concerns like health, education, wages, conditions, their immediate environment. Just because a workforce has successfully been atomised doesn’t mean it’s no longer got anything in common.

Grendel

Great achievement , should be proud 👌

Theres luck of course but I get really annoyed when people say baby boomer rubbish when they’d never walk 5 miles there and back to work and object working 1 minute outside the contracted time

Evo1883

Tile hill is a working class area , the area is full of unskilled or semi skilled workers, although the drug dealers would argue their skill is quite unique and some would argue their gun skills are quite top notch

The working class still exist .

Last edited:

shmmeee

Tile hill is a working class area , the area is full of unskilled or semi skilled workers, although the drug dealers would argue their skill is quite unique and some would argue their gun skills are quite top notch

The working class still exist .

If you’re selling your labour you’re working class. All the rest is divide and conquer.

Evo1883

81000 a year salary and estimated to be worth 3.3 million , and tweets that

Fucking depressing honestly 🥴

Somebody please sort this party out ffs

Grendel

Ah yes Mr Cruddas the ultimate leftie who mysteriously managed to fund through parliamentary expenses a second home in Notting Hill so he could send his children to one of the most successful state schools (faith school though as he’s clearly very Roman Catholic) in the country

Brighton Sky Blue

Discussed voting options with the missus for the council elections round here. Both going Green as to be honest ‘I’m a Corbynista’ does nothing for us compared to actions and specific plans. Will continue voting for the pretty good Labour MP we have here though.

Longer term there’s a simple reason why the Tories keep winning and that’s because the left is split 3 ways between Labour/LD/Green and the right is unified behind one party. Same in Scotland with the unionist vote. What is needed is for these 3 parties to put pride aside and change to reflect the country they’re now in.

Philosorapter

Coventrys Labour Council (at a particular branch of employment) have just helped put all the agency staff on pay as you work , and taken us off our guaranteed full time hours but hey #forthepeople

Tell us more about this;

You are saying Coventry Labour has introduced zero-hour contracts for some of their agency staff?

shmmeee

Ah yes Mr Cruddas the ultimate leftie who mysteriously managed to fund through parliamentary expenses a second home in Notting Hill so he could send his children to one of the most successful state schools (faith school though as he’s clearly very Roman Catholic) in the country

You make no sense at all. You get all grumpy about this so vote for the party that does this:

Same as Philosooraptor with his weird obsessions. Pick something both sides do and claim it’s a party specific thing, also absolutely obsessed with Labour but don’t vote for them. It’s very strange.

Moreover I don’t get this voting based on personalities or one off news stories, then sticking with that for life.

You either believe the rich need more money or you believe the rest do. That’s literally all there is to it. Why you’d change your vote because the councillor for east Clackmannanshire once took too many biscuits as a meeting is just fucking weird in my eyes.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread