Do you want to discuss boring politics? (19 Viewers)

skybluetony176

Looks like they’re busy creating a distraction err… I mean creating a press conference to talk about the latest Covid variation which if anything looks to be the least worrying of all the variants so far but getting the strongest response so far from the government. Distraction cough cough distraction.

PVA

The person who has leaked it has played an absolute blinder.

Waited for all the ministers to come out on TV and deny it, then leak the video.

I'd bet there's more to come and they're just slowly drip feeding it so the government hang themselves one foot at a time.

clint van damme

Looks like they’re busy creating a distraction err… I mean creating a press conference to talk about the latest Covid variation which if anything looks to be the least worrying of all the variants so far but getting the strongest response so far from the government. Distraction cough cough distraction.

Think this is what they're trying to distract us from.

clint van damme

I don't think I've ever seen a news story dominate my social media like this one and it is all negative.

The Cummings one was big but there were still a fair few people defending him.
No ones defending this. There are even Mail journalists putting the boot in from their own accounts though they enabled the cretin so forgive me for not giving a fuck about how it's turned out for them.

SBAndy

View attachment 23036

This twat wants us to be democratic, whilst wanting us to behave like China too ... weird prick

"We need people to be quiet and not make the government look bad so we can maintain power "

An interesting alternative would be for the Government not to behave like cretins and then there wouldn’t be so much opportunity to leak scandals….

Mr Panda

You could very easily rewrite House of Cards (again) entirely based on this Government. Someone is playing a very good game with this

AOM

Back in the day this would have bought down the entire government.

I don't think this will result in Johnson going. Fact is people see politics as football now so a fair portion will support him no matter what. He only needs that 30-40% base and he keeps the country. It doesn't matter if the other 60% is apoplectic.

Yep, can't see anything coming from these stories unfortunately.
Almost reminds me of this

Donald Trump could 'shoot somebody and not lose voters' - CNNPolitics

PVA

Yep, can't see anything coming from these stories unfortunately.
Almost reminds me of this

Donald Trump could 'shoot somebody and not lose voters' - CNNPolitics

This is the beginning of the end for Johnson. How long it will take, I don't know, but he's done.

As for how it will affect the Tory party as a whole, who knows but I think it will have a significant impact.

Having second jobs, corrupt PPE contracts etc doesn't really tangibly affect people so they get away with it. But having a party while people weren't allowed to say goodbye to dying relatives? Yeah that shit is gonna stick.

Skybluefaz

I don't think I've ever seen a news story dominate my social media like this one and it is all negative.

The Cummings one was big but there were still a fair few people defending him.
No ones defending this. There are even Mail journalists putting the boot in from their own accounts though they enabled the cretin so forgive me for not giving a fuck about how it's turned out for them.
Cummings was Mr Brexit and was afforded a level of protection because of get Brexit done and all that bollocks.

I said earlier that this one doesn't benefit at all from Brexit protection and much easier for people to turn on them over the Christmas party.

They just had the Mail's associative editor on LBC who was seething about it and rightly so. Had his own personal story about losing his Sister and having to follow the rules for her funeral.

AOM

This is the beginning of the end for Johnson. How long it will take, I don't know, but he's done.

As for how it will affect the Tory party as a whole, who knows but I think it will have a significant impact.

Having second jobs, corrupt PPE contracts etc doesn't really tangibly affect people so they get away with it. But having a party while people weren't allowed to say goodbye to dying relatives? Yeah that shit is gonna stick.

You'd really hope so. It's absolutely disgusting

Nick

Administrator
They all need sacking, plant a bag of coke on them all and be done with it.

It's also quite funny seeing celebs pile in who also don't have the best history of the same sort of thing.

Clearly, nobody is going to follow any lockdown or rules they try to put in place when they can't manage basics.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Trouble is I can see it being a 'blame Boris' if/when he does go and loads of people will just let the party as a whole off, even though many of those that remain, and probably the new leader, have been complicit in this and numerous other pisstakes.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

They all need sacking, plant a bag of coke on them all and be done with it.

It's also quite funny seeing celebs pile in who also don't have the best history of the same sort of thing.

Clearly, nobody is going to follow any lockdown or rules they try to put in place when they can't manage basics.

Yeah. Even if they wanted to bring back restrictions they've lost all credibility and almost everyone is just going say "F*** you!"

Nick

Administrator
Yeah. Even if they wanted to bring back restrictions they've lost all credibility and almost everyone is just going say "F*** you!"

I don't think they had much anyway.

It has been obvious from the start that "high and mighty" people weren't arsed about it all. They just wanted to see how they could make some money from the whole thing with their mates and PPE contracts or to get some political gain.

Northants Sky Blue

The '22 are surely marking his card now.

Should've gone after Barnard Castle, Hancock, Paterson, Crooked Contracts etc so its a bit of a damp squib when cheese and nibbles does for him.

If Burnham was asking PMQ's today it would be the best 30mins entertainment since our Bristol City comeback

Last edited:

PVA

Yep, here it comes...

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
Wait, I thought people kept saying that the government wouldn't bring in lockdowns / restrictions for no reason or their own gain when I was saying this over the last year?

PVA

giphy.gif

David O'Day

Yep, here it comes...

This isn't good news for them though as the party story is not going anywhere and this is just another story that will be told of the tories dithering and putting "your" xmas in doubt.

Boris doesn't need to be scared of teh electorate as the tory party will get him long before that.

clint van damme

Johnson allowing that wet lettuce Starmer to get a few laughs at his expense so starts blathering about boosters, vacinnes, playing politics (hes PM for fucks sake) and drug gangs.

PVA

Johnson an absolute mess at PMQs.

Randomly shouting about drugs gangs, the Borders Bill, and that old chestnut 'playing politics'

He's got nothing. An embarrassment.

Users who are viewing this thread