Do you want to discuss boring politics? (17 Viewers)

oakey

I won’t actually disagree with anything you said here - the referendum was a sham from start to finish… BUT most people aren’t aware of the finer details of it all. They saw Labour’s approach as an assault on democracy… ignoring the fact that Cameron’s fudge to solve an interval party dispute was far worse.
One thing that the Remain camp have still failed to do to this day is really look inwards as to why it lost.
Absolutely, and I'm not trying to rerun the whole thing. Too late for that.
But I am trying to explain how Labour got in a mess trying to keep their Leave voters onside instead of taking a clear stand against Brexit. It was difficult but by trying to placate everyone they pleased no-one.
IMO many Remain voters will not just meekly go back to supporting Labour. They are just as much a headache for Labour as Red wall Leavers.

Ian1779

Absolutely, and I'm not trying to rerun the whole thing. Too late for that.
But I am trying to explain how Labour got in a mess trying to keep their Leave voters onside instead of taking a clear stand against Brexit. It was difficult but by trying to placate everyone they pleased no-one.
IMO many Remain voters will not just meekly go back to supporting Labour. They are just as much a headache for Labour as Red wall Leavers.
Labour should have gone out after the referendum and said to their leave voting constituencies ‘sorry we neglected you and your towns when we were in power’ if you give us the chance to lead this exit this is how you’ll see the benefits. But they didn’t anywhere near enough, and should have been a much higher priority than keeping PV campaigners in London happy.

hill83

Can I just say that “revert to type” has got my back up @TomRad85

You might be Grendels new double act against Tony, but you and Tony are opposite sides of the same coin. You aren’t the all seeing fence sitter you think you are.

TomRad85

Can I just say that “revert to type” has got my back up @TomRad85

You might be Grendels new double act against Tony, but you and Tony are opposite sides of the same coin. You aren’t the all seeing fence sitter you think you are.
Firstly I never said I was a fence sitter, I don't sit on the fence.
Secondly I have no idea why 'revert to type' has your back up.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

hill83

Firstly I never said I was a fence sitter, I don't sit on the fence.
Secondly I have no idea why 'revert to type' has your back up.

There’s plenty more that’s got my back up. You aren’t what you think you are

Evo1883

giphy.gif

hill83

The bollocks on you. The audacity to to suggest gay people don’t need to come out for one.

TomRad85

The bollocks on you. The audacity to to suggest gay people don’t need to come out for one.
Ermm what's wrong with that exactly? Why should anyone be forced to come out?
If by Grendels double act you mean the only non left winger to enter the circle jerk then so be it I guess.

hill83

Ermm what's wrong with that exactly? Why should anyone be forced to come out?
If by Grendels double act you mean the only non left winger to enter the circle jerk then so be it I guess.

Bingo

Who’s being forced? No nuance about you. Classic.

At least Grendels got a bit about him

TomRad85

Bingo

Who’s being forced? No nuance about you. Classic.

At least Grendels got a bit about him
I not quite sure what's got your back up exactly, i simply have no idea why the public are obsessed with what goes on in people's bedrooms. I mean we could talk about you making disparaging comments about the disabled couldn't we...

Last edited:

hill83

I not quite sure what's got your back up exactly, i simply how no idea why the public are obsessed with what goes on in people's bedrooms. I mean we could talk about you making disparaging comments about the disabled couldn't we...

Bingo

hill83

Speak to somebody who not ‘out’ yet and get back to me. Nobody is obsessed. Not sure where you’ve got that from. You love a strawman argument you don’t even see it.

TomRad85

Speak to somebody who not ‘out’ yet and get back to me. Nobody is obsessed. Not sure where you’ve got that from. You love a strawman argument you don’t even see it.
You don't know me so please don't make assumptions.

Evo1883

Just leave it lads , hill get pissed , Tom go bench press a car , il post silly gifs that never get any responses ... all is good

TomRad85

Just leave it lads , hill get pissed , Tom go bench press a car , il post silly gifs that never get any responses ... all is good
Thing is I actually backed him when he made his disabled comments and people were getting on his case, yet he's actually getting super wound up about posts of mine that aren't even offensive. He doesn't know anything about me.

Evo1883

@Brighton Sky Blue

Come introduce yourself Wednesday at Preston, I'm the one with the massive head and the North face coat.
Could block an avalanche with my cranium, can't miss me

Users who are viewing this thread