DO NOT boo the knee (1 Viewer)

JimmyHillsbeard

Not really I just dont agree with a symbol that represents a racist group intent on divide. Pick any other gesture and fine Ill happy support it but Im afraid BLM and all the hatred that it stands for I wont

leaving aside your interpretation of both taking the knee and the movement for Black Lives, no one is asking you to cheer the City players who do it tomorrow, you are being asked not to boo.

mark82

Because the knee bending only came to the fore following the death of George Floyd and the prevalence of the BLM movement that brought violance and destruction to the community in the so called badge of anti racism. BLM was shown up for what they really represented and bending a knee was the symbol of support for that racist movement so no I wont show support for that however any other gesture that symbolises anti racism against all colours, nations and beliefs I will.

Not really, the gesture was being used before that and was fairly prominent, particularly across sports. Yes, it took on new meaning/additional feeling due to the murder of George Floyd, and was more widespread but it's not unique to BLM. The fact people still feel they have to tell black people how they are allowed to protest shows just how much this is needed.

mark82

leaving aside your interpretation of both taking the knee and the movement for Black Lives, no one is asking you to cheer the City players who do it tomorrow, you are being asked not to boo.

Yep, exactly. Players have been clear they are kneeling as an anti-racism message. When you boo with the knowledge that an anti-racism is what you are booing, then you are being racist.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Not really I just dont agree with a symbol that represents a racist group intent on divide. Pick any other gesture and fine Ill happy support it but Im afraid BLM and all the hatred that it stands for I wont

And what do you do when BLM adopt that gesture because it's gained traction elsewhere?

Hiraeth

I'm not sure that I can explain on behalf of sportspeople why they raise their first. Those sportspeople would have to answer that individually themselves. This was what Malcolm Jenkins said when asked that question.

Last season, I raised my fist as a sign of solidarity to support people, especially people of color, who were and are still unjustly losing their lives at the hands of officers with little to no consequence. After spending time with police officers on ride-alongs, meeting with politicians on the state and federal level and grass roots organizations fighting for human rights, it's clear that our criminal justice system is still crippling communities of color through mass incarceration.

This is an American man talking in the context of what is happening in America but I can understand those who see some parallels in UK society too although I believe there are also differences.

The recent unlawful killing verdict in the Dalian Atkinson case can be viewed as a sign of similar issues in the UK whilst the conviction and sentence in that case may present a challenge to those who believe that the current criminal justice system here cannot deliver consequences and accountability.

As far as I can tell those who protest do not believe in bringing down western society. They are an important part of our society so I can't see why that would be in their interest.

Getting back to our club, over the recent years I've had the pleasure of watching Fankaty Dabo and his team mates with a broad range of nationalities and heritages deliver success that has been unprecedented in our recent history and I'm proud of the way that they represent themselves individually (in the main) and our club.

In the context of the recent allegations of racist abuse, I'd hate to see a peaceful gesture that is publicly described by those doing it as being anti-racism and discrimination so soon after that allegation of abuse to be booed. Rightly or wrongly and regardless of the motivations of those booing, it is likely to be considered by many to be a sign that those booing are pro-racism and discrimination and approve of the alleged abuse and I just can't see how that helps anyone.

Looking forward to our team uniting together and battering Reading tomorrow.

Otis

Correct;

The idea of taking the knee as a protest has a long history. It’s steeped in the American civil rights movement. Martin Luther King, arguably the most famous civil rights activist of the 1950s and 60s, took the knee in Alabama in 1965 to show solidarity with protestors.
So, hang on, you are telling me that Martin Luther King was a Marxist?

Otis

Because the knee bending only came to the fore following the death of George Floyd and the prevalence of the BLM movement that brought violance and destruction to the community in the so called badge of anti racism. BLM was shown up for what they really represented and bending a knee was the symbol of support for that racist movement so no I wont show support for that however any other gesture that symbolises anti racism against all colours, nations and beliefs I will.
Not true, it didn't come to the fore following the death of George Floyd. It was a massive issue in the NFL and American sports way before that. Colin Kaepernick started taking the knee in 2016 and then fellow players and other teams followed.

SlowerThanPlatt

Show me the evidence that it was a parody account and fair enough But seing her dressed in a uniform more reminiscent of the IRA shouting anti white racist gestures in London doesnt fill me with support Im afraid.

Engage your brain

Liquid Gold

Can someone explain to me then why some players when taking the knee also feel they have to do the black power fist pump. The taking the knee was a symbol adopted by the far left self confessed marxist group BLM who wish to defund the police, bringdown western society and in thee words of one of their leaders in the UK make the white man the slave.
whether you agree with BLM or not there is no getting away from the fact they are marxist, racist group.

As in all walks of life there are racists of all skin colours but the taking of the knee is seen by many to be a reflection of this hate group which is why some boo it. Those same people never booed the kick it out campaign and other anti racist campaigns. Calling people racist because they refuse to support a racist marxist movement like BLM which has also been condemned by many politicians is both hypocritical and very short sighted
So taking the knee is the problem. Just change that and everything will be fine

Also don’t hold your fist up. I’m not having that either.

fuck you c**t

robbiekeane

I honestly would fucking lamp someone if I saw them booing players taking the knee. I’d probably get the shit kicked out of me by a load of racist cokeheads but hopefully they would take a few. Would soon stop

kg82

Can someone explain to me then why some players when taking the knee also feel they have to do the black power fist pump. The taking the knee was a symbol adopted by the far left self confessed marxist group BLM who wish to defund the police, bringdown western society and in thee words of one of their leaders in the UK make the white man the slave.
whether you agree with BLM or not there is no getting away from the fact they are marxist, racist group.

As in all walks of life there are racists of all skin colours but the taking of the knee is seen by many to be a reflection of this hate group which is why some boo it. Those same people never booed the kick it out campaign and other anti racist campaigns. Calling people racist because they refuse to support a racist marxist movement like BLM which has also been condemned by many politicians is both hypocritical and very short sighted
None of them do that anymore. You watch, none of them stick their fists in the air. And for the billionth time, taking the knee is FUCK ALL to do with BLM. It’s purely about racism. I don’t know if you don’t like being told explicitly or you’d rather an anecdote to help you piece it together. I’ve got loads, they’re mostly for the 7-8 year old kids I teach, but they might work here.

D

Deleted member 2477

None of them do that anymore. You watch, none of them stick their fists in the air. And for the billionth time, taking the knee is FUCK ALL to do with BLM. It’s purely about racism. I don’t know if you don’t like being told explicitly or you’d rather an anecdote to help you piece it together. I’ve got loads, they’re mostly for the 7-8 year old kids I teach, but they might work here.
Taking the knee is nothing to do with BLM 😂😂😂
I couldnt care less what you or anyone else says for that matter I have my reasons and wont boo or applaud the BLM gesture. It doesnt mean Im racist as Ive all ready said any other gesture Im behind but respect my decision as much as I respect yours. Unfortunately some on here have the lefty mind set of your racist if you dont do as I say and I wont give those people the steam of my urine.
we live in a free speech country and you crack on but I and others dont have to agree or abide by your views just like I dont expect you to agree with mine

D

Deleted member 2477

So taking the knee is the problem. Just change that and everything will be fine

Also don’t hold your fist up. I’m not having that either.

fuck you c**t
Fuck you to you ignorant idiot. Get off your high horse and stop expecting that everyone must abide by you and your belief. We live in a free world and tour just like a few other idiots on here telling people to agree with their views. Throwing the race word about because they dont agree with your mindset. Ill support any anti racism campaign but wont clap or do anything else to satisfy you or the other idiots who think they are better than others

Reactions: Bez

kg82

I couldnt care less what you or anyone else says for that matter I have my reasons and wont boo or applaud the BLM gesture. It doesnt mean Im racist as Ive all ready said any other gesture Im behind but respect my decision as much as I respect yours. Unfortunately some on here have the lefty mind set of your racist if you dont do as I say and I wont give those people the steam of my urine.
we live in a free speech country and you crack on but I and others dont have to agree or abide by your views just like I dont expect you to agree with mine
I’d respect a decision if it had a factual basis. But fair enough if you don’t boo, not really sure what your argument is. This is against booing the knee, isn’t it?

Skyblueweeman

It doesnt mean Im racist as Ive all ready said any other gesture Im behind but respect my decision as much as I respect yours.

But that doesn't make sense. You're saying its the actual gesture that you're against...taking the knee. So if the players all stood, looked into the sky with their arms up in the air, as a gesture to highlight inequality, you'd be OK with it?

Anyway, people are thinking too deeply over the in the context of this thread. Our players will take the knee today to highlight the fact that one of our own players was racially abused this week based on the colour of his skin.

If you think that's wrong, you're a bell end.

Liquid Gold

Fuck you to you ignorant idiot. Get off your high horse and stop expecting that everyone must abide by you and your belief. We live in a free world and tour just like a few other idiots on here telling people to agree with their views. Throwing the race word about because they dont agree with your mindset. Ill support any anti racism campaign but wont clap or do anything else to satisfy you or the other idiots who think they are better than others
yeah im the ignorant one here lol

MacReady

Mate I wouldn’t even bother getting into this, one thing I’ve noticed in the last few years is that many from the left pose as liberals and free speech etc but if they hear something they don’t like and even if it’s in the correct context, like this thread, they just get nasty. I read an early post on this thread and the guy was putting his views across nothing particularly contentious (didn’t necessarily agree with them myself) in a really polite and respectful way and then all of a sudden he’s called a knob, a racist etc and his post most definitely did not come across that way. It’s a gang mentality. And given I would class myself as left leaning it’s sad to see the state of things now. It’s also really easy to hide behind a keyboard a play the big’un.

I remember being in Newcastle and twice stepped in physically to stop racist abuse - I won’t tolerate it, but on a thread like this it’s either you agree with us entirely or you’re a nazi. It’s a weird world. And just to point out - I would never boo anyone and respect people’s right to take the knee but even if you don’t that’s your right.

clint van damme

Mate I wouldn’t even bother getting into this, one thing I’ve noticed in the last few years is that many from the left pose as liberals and free speech etc but if they hear something they don’t like and even if it’s in the correct context, like this thread, they just get nasty. I read an early post on this thread and the guy was putting his views across nothing particularly contentious (didn’t necessarily agree with them myself) in a really polite and respectful way and then all of a sudden he’s called a knob, a racist etc and his post most definitely did not come across that way. It’s a gang mentality. And given I would class myself as left leaning it’s sad to see the state of things now. It’s also really easy to hide behind a keyboard a play the big’un.

I remember being in Newcastle and twice stepped in physically to stop racist abuse - I won’t tolerate it, but on a thread like this it’s either you agree with us entirely or you’re a nazi. It’s a weird world. And just to point out - I would never boo anyone and respect people’s right to take the knee but even if you don’t that’s your right.

People doing that to black players is part of the reason they're taking the knee in the first place.

skybluetony176

Just one point to add. Booing players taking the knee makes taking the knee relevant. If you don’t want to see them doing it not booing them is the quickest way to make it stop. Have a think to yourself about that for a moment if you’re considering it.

D

Deleted member 2477

Fuck off you tit. I bet you’re one of those flag shagging Farage acolytes that claims ‘all lives matter’ whilst insinuating you would prefer migrants drown
Says the man who is sat at home pulling one off over a picture of Corbyn and shouting racist at anyone who dares disagree with your narrow minded point of view.
for someone who is apparently so perfect and understanding you seem to enjoy stereotyping people based on your own prejudice and banging away on the keyboard with abuse. Now fuck off you twat

PVA

you seem to enjoy stereotyping people based on your own prejudice and banging away on the keyboard with abuse.

giphy.gif

Fergusons_Beard

Honestly don’t understand what’s the problem is with players clenching their fist as they kneel?

Just individual choice.

Also why doesn’t Bez add racists to his ‘round ‘em up and hang ‘em high’ vendetta list alongside the nonces and the paedos?

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Honestly don’t understand what’s the problem is with players clenching their fist as they kneel?

Just individual choice.

Also why doesn’t Bez add racists to his ‘round ‘em up and hang ‘em high’ vendetta list alongside the nonces and the paedos?

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'm not a fan of the raised fist because it has connotations of supremacy rather than equality, both in terms of white supremacy and the Black Power movement. I'm sure the vast majority of people that use the gesture don't mean it in that way.

usskyblue

It’s all you need to know when words like ‘lefty’ and ‘liberal’ get tossed around when we’re talking about respecting a gesture the club has explicitly said is nothing more, or less, than a stand against racism. Then have the fucking stunning ignorance to say that those who support it have an agenda?

You couldn’t make this shit up…

peace ndlovu

Either you're not on Twitter or you are being disingenuous.
There is a well-worn barrage of insults churned out when people don't agree with right-wing perspectives.
It does help to provide a character judgement toolkit though...
Uses "snowflake" as an insult = you might be a c**t
Uses "bedwetter" as an insult = you're probably a c**t
Uses "woke" as an insult = you're definitely a c**t

Users who are viewing this thread