Derby (2 Viewers)

Sky Blue Harry H

If Derby line up with jagielka 39 and Curtis Davies 36 as their 2 centre backs, god help them. Mind you, Bonucci and Chiellini didn't do too badly, so maybe I should keep my powder dry 🤣

Grendel

Sky Blue Pete

Why? What rules have they broken say compared to us over the last few years? We’ve cheated the system shamelessly
I assume they had an embargo for some reason and the reason it’s been relaxed is not cause the reason no longer exists.

Which rules have we broken

Grendel

I assume they had an embargo for some reason and the reason it’s been relaxed is not cause the reason no longer exists.

Which rules have we broken

We had to seek dispensation for playing outside Coventry and the EFL agreed on the basis a new ground would be built in 3 years - the embargo for Derby hasn’t been relaxed

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

How about we get Scott Dann in too? Could have a back 3 of Fadz, Dann and Jagielka

ntf2yush0octpmx6q4o5.png

Jamieb87ccfc

How about we get Scott Dann in too? Could have a back 3 of Fadz, Dann and Jagielka
We need another centre half, it’s just a thought especially as we keep being told money is tight. Ideally we would have Ostigard back, an a fully fit and on form Rose and Hyam with McFadzean as back up but guess it’s all wait and see territory

Grendel

Not true. The plan needed to be in place within 3 years and it is. And what rule did we break?

The embargo has been relaxed to allow them to recruit free transfers hasn’t it?

The EFL rules allow flexibility in certain areas regarding signings and loans so although it’s being described as a relaxation in the press the flexibility is there

When we moved to sixfields we blatantly told the EFL a series of untruths regarding futures intent. Really it’s the same at St. Andrews

When have also used administration legislation as a convenience as well as litigation laws and appeals

We have been under embargo’s ourselves of course going back to Boothroyds day

Gynnsthetonic

Reading FC also under a transfer embargo, they have been struggling for some time and a lot a their fans are forecasting a season of struggle which can only be beneficial to us. Hull are too.

Last edited:

Sky Blue Pete

The EFL rules allow flexibility in certain areas regarding signings and loans so although it’s being described as a relaxation in the press the flexibility is there

When we moved to sixfields we blatantly told the EFL a series of untruths regarding futures intent. Really it’s the same at St. Andrews

When have also used administration legislation as a convenience as well as litigation laws and appeals

We have been under embargo’s ourselves of course going back to Boothroyds day
Yep I know I don’t recall us asking to come out before we had put things right though. I’m sure you’re correct about the flexibilities though and so not outrageous at all if it’s included in the provisions of the embargo. Thanks mate

SBAndy

We need another centre half, it’s just a thought especially as we keep being told money is tight. Ideally we would have Ostigard back, an a fully fit and on form Rose and Hyam with McFadzean as back up but guess it’s all wait and see territory

Too young. I’d rather we looked at signing the ghost of Bobby Moore.

Grendel

Factually incorrect, not sure what further info you need

It isn’t factually incorrect

Derby and the EFL were arguing over the professional standing rule and the EFL have now conceded ground on this - correctly I think and lessened the embargo restrictions

As for us we had to show plans for a new ground when the sixfields move was granted - hence the game of charades we indulged in

You believed we were actually building that cartoon drawing?

Grendel

can’t even be arsed, you literally just contradict yourself and backtrack all the time 😂

Er that’s not a contradiction the EFL granted us dispensation on the basis we were securing land - we made a statement we would not go back to the Ricoh. Given up on the Derby stuff now?

letsallsingtogether

can’t even be arsed, you literally just contradict yourself and backtrack all the time 😂
I dont normally agree with Grendel but he has royally kicked your butt on this one.

I havent seen anything on here to contradict what he has said, funny that, usually up by the second reply.

robbiekeane

I dont normally agree with Grendel but he has royally kicked your butt on this one.

I havent seen anything on here to contradict what he has said, funny that, usually up by the second reply.
He said the EFL only approved a move on the basis we built a stadium within three years. That’s not true. He then changed to “show plans”, then to “securing land”.

If you can’t see that then I can’t help you 😂

robbiekeane

Er that’s not a contradiction the EFL granted us dispensation on the basis we were securing land - we made a statement we would not go back to the Ricoh. Given up on the Derby stuff now?
See above.
What are you on about derby stuff?

Grendel

See above.
What are you on about derby stuff?

Lol straw clutching

The title is Derby oddly and the club had to submit plans and commit a stadium build within 3 years in I think the EFL rules were 9 miles from the city centre

Clearly if it hadn’t been completed but was in construction then dispensation would have been further granted. So we constructed a stadium group and sent regular updates on its “progress”

A discussion was around the fact that EFL are bending the rules for Derby. Not true either and I pointed out as FP did we can hardly throw stones

We lied to the EFL as we had to have a timetable to return - yes or no?

Derby are still under embargo rules - yes or no?

AFCCOVENTRY

Reality is, Derby are going to be in trouble this year at the bottom. They’re going to struggle to cobble a team together with the players they have and even if they sign some of short term contracts they will be shite.

Also, I think Blackburn will be in trouble. They’ve released loads of players and signed nobody. Watford last night made a bid for Armstrong.

Huddersfield, Preston and Millwall signings are poor quality and the likes of Forest have done nothing so far.

We should be better than Posh, Hull and Blackpool. Again their signings are L1 standard.

If we get the last few defensive signings right we should hopefully be better than at least 8 clubs here.

Solid mid table is progression for us and if we’re sucked into a relegation fight this year then we haven’t progressed.

Overall I’m very hopeful it will be a good season for us.

slowpoke

Don’t get this continuing Derby thread I wonder if their websites have anything like a 64 post thread about us, bet there isn’t one. Two weeks to go to the big kick-off after viewing yesterday’s match I suggest we concentrate on us.

slowpoke

Reality is, Derby are going to be in trouble this year at the bottom. They’re going to struggle to cobble a team together with the players they have and even if they sign some of short term contracts they will be shite.

Also, I think Blackburn will be in trouble. They’ve released loads of players and signed nobody. Watford last night made a bid for Armstrong.

Huddersfield, Preston and Millwall signings are poor quality and the likes of Forest have done nothing so far.

We should be better than Posh, Hull and Blackpool. Again their signings are L1 standard.

If we get the last few defensive signings right we should hopefully be better than at least 8 clubs here.

Solid mid table is progression for us and if we’re sucked into a relegation fight this year then we haven’t progressed.

Overall I’m very hopeful it will be a good season for us.
Fully agree. We need to secure at least one top centre-back and make our back line tough as possible, with a mean back four or five backing up the forwards we will be okay.

Hobo

It isn’t factually incorrect

Derby and the EFL were arguing over the professional standing rule and the EFL have now conceded ground on this - correctly I think and lessened the embargo restrictions

As for us we had to show plans for a new ground when the sixfields move was granted - hence the game of charades we indulged in

You believed we were actually building that cartoon drawing?

The famous toilet bowl arena! That was definately full of shit.

Grendel

The famous toilet bowl arena! That was definately full of shit.

I’m amazed how Sandra Garlick got wrapped up with the nonsense

Hobo

Don’t get this continuing Derby thread I wonder if their websites have anything like a 64 post thread about us, bet there isn’t one. Two weeks to go to the big kick-off after viewing yesterday’s match I suggest we concentrate on us.

They haven't but Sunderland have several on us 🤣

Users who are viewing this thread