Derby (1 Viewer)

rexo87

Don’t get this continuing Derby thread I wonder if their websites have anything like a 64 post thread about us, bet there isn’t one. Two weeks to go to the big kick-off after viewing yesterday’s match I suggest we concentrate on us.

Because at this point they are one of three relegation places taken up. Don’t see what concentrating on us does considering we have no impact on how well we do on the pitch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Danceswithhorses

I watched this video, and Rooney looks a broken man.
Derby don't even have 11 first team players (7 outfield + 2 gk), with only 2 weeks to go until first game, and can only get freebies....and some on SBT are complaining out Cov ??
Derby could be on for a record low Championship points total...to go with their record low Premier league points total (11 - 07/08)

Last edited:

COV

Rooney could be in for a whole lot more pressure judging by some pictures of him with some boilers that are circulating on social media
If they're up to date he'll be in another shit storm

I wasn’t going to say that as everyone deserves their privacy etc, but not good

robbiekeane

We lied to the EFL as we had to have a timetable to return - yes or no?
No. They made us give a very loose commitment and we blagged it accordingly. Should’ve given us a smarter objective

Derby are still under embargo rules - yes or no?
Well I mean they are aren’t they? I don’t think they should be based on a stupid cup game where they would’ve forfitted if it was a league game because of a global pandemic. They should be restricted to whatever the short term signings are that they would be allowed.

Grendel

Comedy gold

Sbarcher

Pictures are supposed to be 2017/18. Doesn’t make it any easier for his poor wife. No doubt there are many more potential banana skins out there for him.

wingy

Not so sure there's an article suggesting it'it was in Manchester this weekend after a friendly with Salford.
A little to friendly, reckons it was a setup.

Edit- or Barrow dependent on my memory or the accuracy of articles I've read

Last edited:

Sky Blue Harry H

Worryingly for Derby their early fixtures are against teams who might be expected to struggle - Huddersfield (h), P'boro (a) and Hull (a) are the first 3 league games. If they haven't got themselves organised early on, then surely they would sooner have faced the Fulhams or WBAs of the division, which they would probably have lost to anyway. Lose to the former type of opponents early on and the die is well and truly cast.

CDK

I'm surprised this is ongoing on SBT as just happy as it looks one less relegation zone place to worry about and despite no lwb and 1 more Ch we will be better off than the likes of p.borough,Blackpool.

Frostie

giphy.gif

Sky Blue Harry H

Never rains but it pours. Couldn't make it up, could you? 2-3 months you put one of your better players out for, when you're short of players.

wingy

But of a witchhunt against Wayne. Not a great manager but only playing a bit with the players in training. These things happen

Not particularly fussed either way but it does feel like someone,thing,life is out to get him atm

Frostie

But of a witchhunt against Wayne. Not a great manager but only playing a bit with the players in training. These things happen

Always going to be the way because of his profile. Typical English media.
Said it last season that he's under qualified for the role but Derby's problems are far, far bigger than him.

Great_Expectations

Shit position for Derby to be in, but selfishly it’s great for us. Hopefully one less team to worry about. Saying that, the players they have left are all pretty experienced and decent enough, so it’ll only take a few signings to get them out of their mess. Also not a bad pre season to be able to sign frees, they’ll be more around than usual.

Really feel for Rooney, he’s a young English manager who I’d like to see do well. He’s also showing some loyalty to a team he has no affiliation to.

People are always out to “get” celebs, he really should know better. Gutter press everywhere.

Terry Gibson's perm

I’m going to go the other way on Rooney I think he is getting an easy ride (no pun intended) from the press I heard somebody say today he is obviously going to be a great manager and had an unfortunate run at Derby and will easily get another job.

Sky Blue Harry H

Not that he necessarily needs the money, but you'd think any new job offer would be at a lower level/smaller club than Derby. So walking seems pointless (his managerial reputation is already low imo, so staying at least gets him loyalty points)

Danceswithhorses

Shit position for Derby to be in, but selfishly it’s great for us. Hopefully one less team to worry about. Saying that, the players they have left are all pretty experienced and decent enough, so it’ll only take a few signings to get them out of their mess.
With this long term injury, they are down to 6 outfield and 2 GK (senior players).
They are restricted to free transfers and very modest salaries apparently.
Rooney is in the shit upto his neck both professionally and domestically.

slowpoke

Said before the last EFL verdict being demoted and getting their slate wiped would have been the better option for them, the championship is tough enough as we saw last season but with a squad needing a complete re-build is almost impossible maximum loan usage is 5 in a game so it looks like they need another 6 players just to have a full match day squad.
As for Rooney not sure.
John Terry is looking for a managers job ??

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread