Derby (1 Viewer)

Frostie

Not that he necessarily needs the money, but you'd think any new job offer would be at a lower level/smaller club than Derby. So walking seems pointless (his managerial reputation is already low imo, so staying at least gets him loyalty points)

£90,000 per week is an awful lot to walk away from.

Terry Gibson's perm

£90,000 per week is an awful lot to walk away from.

If Derby are stupid enough to pay a rookie manager that then they deserve to be struggling, they should have put something in his playing contract as soon as he retired his salary reduced to a championship managers level one. He must be one of the highest paid managers in Europe.

steve cooper

Not that he necessarily needs the money, but you'd think any new job offer would be at a lower level/smaller club than Derby. So walking seems pointless (his managerial reputation is already low imo, so staying at least gets him loyalty points)
He seems to have a job with British Gas as well, according to Better Days he's been seen with some boilers.

D

Deleted member 2477

Personally couldnt give a toss what he does in his private life as long as its not criminal but as far as Derby goes I hope they get everything they deserve. Cheats always get found out by Karma in the end

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Not particularly fussed either way but it does feel like someone,thing,life is out to get him atm

I agree that there are some who just want to bring him down, but life is definitely not out to get him.

He's absolutely minted with a wife way out of his league and who wouldn't have looked twice at him (let alone forgive him for cheating on her) unless he could kick a bag of air around pretty well and make a lot of money from doing it.

I'm sure the people in the area he grew up in and have never managed to escape because they didn't have some huge natural talent are sitting there thinking "well, it could be worse. I could be Wayne".

Frostie

If Derby are stupid enough to pay a rookie manager that then they deserve to be struggling, they should have put something in his playing contract as soon as he retired his salary reduced to a championship managers level one. He must be one of the highest paid managers in Europe.

Well, I think it's pretty well known that 32 Red are covering all/majority of his salary. Another dodgy Derby deal.

fatso

Well he did keep them up last year, how much was that worth to them 👍

Alkhen

Zero sympathy, what a thick fucker to carry on like that, he knows everyone has a phone with a camera in their pocket nowadays. He seriously needs to grow the fuck up. Sucks his kids have to deal with the fall out.

Terry Gibson's perm

Well, I think it's pretty well known that 32 Red are covering all/majority of his salary. Another dodgy Derby deal.

As a player would they have been so interested as a manager if I was them the minute he retired I would have been renegotiating the deal, or if they had any sense it was in the contract. As a manager alone he is worth no more than 5k per week.

higgs

His wife is very understanding. If she finally kicks him out could see him becoming the next Gazza

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Heard through the grapevine that Cranie was supposed to go to Derby but it was that much of a basket case he didn’t touch it and ended up with us on trial

Hobo

His wife is very understanding. If she finally kicks him out could see him becoming the next Gazza

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I wonder what she sees in the multi millionaire Wayne Rooney? (To nick a Mrs Merton joke 😂)

pipkin73

To be fair, they were childhood sweethearts.
Coleen was with him as a kid.
I agree most are in for it for the money but she has been with him before the money came in.
I guess that is why she sticks by him, he is all she knows and won't just give in.
He really does not deserve her.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

To be fair, they were childhood sweethearts.
Coleen was with him as a kid.
I agree most are in for it for the money but she has been with him before the money came in.
I guess that is why she sticks by him, he is all she knows and won't just give in.
He really does not deserve her.

I think to be honest even at that stage he was highly regarded and expected to make a big breakthrough. I think she saw there was more chance of having a glamourous lifestyle with him that anyone else. Even at the very beginning she had the look of a typical 'WAG' and she very quickly settled into the lifestyle and spending huge sums on designer gear etc.

I very much doubt Wayne working for Quik Fit would have attracted her attention in the same way.

fernandopartridge

That's to all of their trialists isn't it? Which at last count was what, 7? Haven't EFL said they can only sign 4 anyway?
Whole thing is a clusterfuck.
They'll try to register 7 and claim inability to fulfil a fixture if they can't

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread