Derby Sanction (1 Viewer)

rexo87

Confused by this. Says a 100k fine has been imposed and nothing else but then says Derby and Wycombes fixtures will be interchangeable. Someone smarter than me tell me what’s going on here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rexo87

My theory is that their accounts are going to look so poor and fall foul of FFP when re-submitted that they then could get points deductions and subsequently relegated. Can’t see how that all happens before the start of the season though

Skybluefaz

Confused by this. Says a 100k fine has been imposed and nothing else but then says Derby and Wycombes fixtures will be interchangeable. Someone smarter than me tell me what’s going on here

It's basically saying that they might yet swap places with Wycombe as part of the punishment

rexo87

But there is no chance of an appeal being made and a verdict being given before the start of the season. I would have thought this will be to do with when they re-submit their accounts which will then fail FFP?

Skybluefaz

But there is no chance of an appeal being made and a verdict being given before the start of the season. I would have thought this will be to do with when they re-submit their accounts which will then fail FFP?

Yeah it seems so. If Wycombe and Derby have interchangeable fixtures it must be a possibility that a Derby relegation can still happen.

Frostie

Sounds like the EFL will be appealing the sanction decision as the punishment for the offences is a fine and slap on the wrist.

The fine & slap on the wrist is purely for being unscrupulous fucks. The real punishment will be after they've resubmitted accounts using the correct method as they will obviously fail FFP & so be hit with a substantial points deduction.

slowpoke

Sounds ominous to me for Derby as this was an appeal by the EFL which they have won This appeal was heard by an independent body and found in favour of the EFL. They wouldn’t have the jurisdiction to relegate a club. I reckon the EFL will re-implement their original points reduction.

Sky Blue Pete

Doesn’t sound resolved does it?

slowpoke

Only caught the back end but on talksport it said EFL fixtures to be announced later with Wycombe and Derby fixtures being inter changeable I can only see Derby are stuffed and it’s just waiting for EFL to rubber stamp it.

skyblueelephant76

Sounds ominous to me for Derby as this was an appeal by the EFL which they have won This appeal was heard by an independent body and found in favour of the EFL. They wouldn’t have the jurisdiction to relegate a club. I reckon the EFL will re-implement their original points reduction.
The independent panel can issue a points deduction but have chosen not to. The EFL will need to appeal if they want a deduction which would relegate Derby, they can't just do it.

slowpoke

But it was the EFL who appealed this latest one. It’s been on talksport again I missed the whole report again but it sounds to me things will be clearer officially when the fixtures come out later today reading between the lines it sounds to me the EFL have made their minds up.

mark82

Needs to be quick, but guess they need to allow Derby time to resubmit their accounts for 3 years. Would be good if they'd communicated the deadline for this. Sounds pretty ominous though if they're taking Wycombe into account when creating fixtures.

skyblueelephant76

But it was the EFL who appealed this latest one. It’s been on talksport again I missed the whole report again but it sounds to me things will be clearer officially when the fixtures come out later today reading between the lines it sounds to me the EFL have made their minds up.
The EFL definitely wanted a points deduction but the independent panel only issued a fine. The EFL appealed against the decision to find them not guilty, the actual penalty is then a separate thing.

The EFL will have to appeal the decision and win for Derby to be relegated, they can't just decide to do it.

AFCCOVENTRY

I can’t remember which club ended up being relegated by the EFL in L2 last year for financial naughties?

Happened beginning of August I think.

jordan210

Dont Derby have to provide 3-4 years worth of accounts now using the correct figures?

Wonder if HMRC will be having a look in to this mess.

Derby fans want Derby to sue the EFL for incompetence.....

Also havent Wycombe sold players due to being relegated ?

Paul Anthony

As others have said how the hell are Wycombe supposed to plan ahead effectively for their season without knowing what league they're going to be in?

AndreasB

Been suggested that the "true" loss they need to submit will be circa £30 Million which puts them well into breach of the P&S rules.

Colin Steins Smile

It'll be interesting to see how this plays out for Derby. Once their revised formatted accounts are submitted and a final decision made on the punishment or otherwise.
This will hit them during the next few weeks, as they will struggle to recruit and renegotiate contracts AND the consortium interested in buying the club will either walk away or vastly reduce their offer, based in investing in a L1 club.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
Derby have issued a narky statement -

matesx

what a mess!

it'll end up a points deduction IMO

Gotta feel for their fans

Colin Steins Smile

From the Derby statement, they have until 18th August to submit their revised accounts. As the season starts on 7th August....how can a retrospective points deduction be implemented to relegate them? Bizarre situation

Grendel

Hopefully a nice 30 point deduction…

They should be relegated this season gone really - its unfair on Wycombe - what I do not understand is they have not submitted any accounts since 2018 and how that can be permitted under EFL legislation

CDK

From what I have read Wycombe have already threatened court action so don't think it's looking good for derby.Clubs that cheat deserve relegation which they are close to it should have happened to sheff we'd last season.

Frostie

They should be relegated this season gone really - its unfair on Wycombe - what I do not understand is they have not submitted any accounts since 2018 and how that can be permitted under EFL legislation

Quite.
I've never understood how they've got away with that.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

I’m thinking more selfishly. Yeah I agree on submssion. How come they’ve not been in a transfer embargo for 3 years?

slowpoke

what a mess!

it'll end up a points deduction IMO

Gotta feel for their fans
Just listened to Simon Jordan on talksport it sounds Derby could be in breech of two rules that carry points deduction one due to valuation of players on the balance sheet and ffp which could go back three years. His opinion is any point deduction will be for this season could be the same as Sheffield Wednesday had last season and then there’s the balance sheet issue with the players valuation, bloody mess if you ask me.
I certainly won’t be putting a wager on them getting promotion.

Users who are viewing this thread