Derby points deduction (1 Viewer)

KenilworthSkyBlue

I know, but who's money is it and who would entrust somebody with no experience in football to be in charge of their investment? I reckon the bloke is a grifter

I think those are the questions that strangely aren't being asked.

It's very much feeling that it's out of the pan and into the fire. Clubs in their situation often attract the type. Hopefully for the fans sake that's not the case and he's genuine.

But they've been here before where takeovers have fallen through at the last minute.

Danceswithhorses

.....and all this time, Quantuma are racking up fees.
A cynical man (who me ?) would maybe think it's in Quantuma's interests for this process to go on for a long time :unsure:
Seriously though, it begs the question, how was this clown, with his history of pulling out at Preston and Derby (now twice), given the 'preferred bidder' status by Quantuma ?
Ashley is an odius man, but you know he has the money.
According to the BBC Radio Derby guy, last month's wages, which Kirchner said he had paid, were not paid by him.

Last edited:

bawtryneal

BBC reporting the deal has collapsed
Step in Mike Ashley to get a bargain albeit with a 15 point deduction next season.

Grendel

One team in deep financial trouble having already suffered a points deduction for administration and after massive over spending, and the only real potential backer pulled out - the other was Bury

No it’s not as the Bury owners intent was to try and force the club out and get rid of Gigg lane - he didn’t want the football club to carry on and held it hostage

Danceswithhorses

There's a meeting today apparently so we'll soon find out.
They should throw the book at Derby...i mean how many deadlines have they missed, then had extended, and then missed etc etc ?
All this on top of their recent financial shenanigans.
But they won't, because Derby is a 'big club', and in reality, the EFL only really care about 'big clubs', and will let the smaller, less well supported clubs, go to the wall.

fernandopartridge

They should throw the book at Derby...i mean how many deadlines have they missed, then had extended, and then missed etc etc ?
But they won't, because Derby is a 'big club', and in reality, the EFL only really care about 'big clubs', and will let the smaller, less well supported clubs, go to the wall.
Let him without sin cast the first stone, not sure the club can be penalised for the actions of a prospective new owner

KenilworthSkyBlue

Why? It's within the EFL's interest to keep extending those deadlines whilst there are parties still interested.

We've received a huge amount of leniency from the EFL in the past so we're in no position to be asking them to throw the book at Derby.

Philosorapter

According to the BBC Radio Derby guy, last month's wages, which Kirchner said he had paid, were not paid by him.

Dated 17th May and said he would fund the club from next week.

Looks like he has a lack of funds.

Legia Sky Blue

From the outside looking in it has seemed a little strange that the Administrators would have gone with Kirchner given his previous at Preston, over Ashley who clearly has the finances to buy the club. Are Administrators answerable to any authority for their decision making, or do they just coin it come what may?

On a selfish CCFC note this could be a setback in offloading Waghorn as a return to Derby would probably be one of his preferred options.

Evo1883

Mate who is a Derby fan reckons they are paying that firm 1.5 mill a month to sort their takeover

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
From the outside looking in it has seemed a little strange that the Administrators would have gone with Kirchner given his previous at Preston, over Ashley who clearly has the finances to buy the club. Are Administrators answerable to any authority for their decision making, or do they just coin it come what may?

On a selfish CCFC note this could be a setback in offloading Waghorn as a return to Derby would probably be one of his preferred options.
I think the administrators were appointed by Mel Morris, so he'll be advising them to do a deal with whoever gets him the best deal. I suspect Ashley would play harderball on the stadium more than the yank would.

Plus as Evo says, they've been paid handsomely for dragging this out over last 9 months...

AOM

Out of interest, what do these people have to gain by coming out saying they're going to buy/save football clubs even though it's inevitably going to fall through?
Is it just to generate some interest in themselves? Can't see it being very good for their image.

I think Dale Evans was a bit of a different case as there was the impression he might have had some issues

Users who are viewing this thread