Derby points deduction (3 Viewers)

lifeskyblue

I fancy them to still manage to pull off survival as well.

Be very tough. Currently have managed 18points from 17 games but with deductions stand 18 points behind 4th bottom. Too tall an order I think …will need in the region of 50points from 29 games

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fernandopartridge

Why would you do that? You can’t just apply a punishment when you fancy it. If Derby stayed up from the 12 points then you’d have a relegated side arguing it should have been applied this year

really it should have been applied with Sheff Wed, but you can’t retrospectively apply it due to the relegation implications from last season
Because Derby are highly likely to be relegated this season is based on the current deduction, therefore a further one has no material impact

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

So another 9 points deducted with a further 3 suspended.
Pretty much relegated now...just hope their new owners don't spend a fortune to buy the league, and bounce straight back.

Cheating bastards," 3 points suspended " what's that all about.

skyblue025

Eddie Howe kept Bournemouth up after being deducted 17 points. Leeds made the playoffs after being deducted 15 points so it can be done. I don't think Derby will though.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Because Derby are highly likely to be relegated this season is based on the current deduction, therefore a further one has no material impact
Highly likely yes, but many teams have stayed up, including ourselves with a 10 point deduction, didn’t Rotherham stay up with a similar deduction with Robins?

wigan nearly stayed up 2 seasons ago aswell.

how would that be fair on the likes of Hull and Peterborough.

SkyBlueMatt

The state of that Twitter comment. Complaining we haven't got an ambitious budget like Derby which is the exact reason they are in this position. If we offered Tom Lawrence £30k+ a week, O'Hare, Hamer, Viktor would need to match them. All of a sudden our wage bill grows by 4.5 million PA (based on if those three are on 10k currently).

Hertsccfc

The state of that Twitter comment. Complaining we haven't got an ambitious budget like Derby which is the exact reason they are in this position. If we offered Tom Lawrence £30k+ a week, O'Hare, Hamer, Viktor would need to match them. All of a sudden our wage bill grows by 4.5 million PA (based on if those three are on 10k currently).
If we paid that much to Lawrence we'd probably have to sell O'Hare, Hamer and Gyokeres.

steve cooper

It will be interesting to see what happens next year and the following year when many of these ridiculous contracts come to an end. Will the average Championship clubs continue paying sky high wages or will most of them have learned a lesson and start to live within their means? The trouble is that relegated clubs will continue to distort the market, and will have an even bigger advantage unless something is done about parachute payments.

Sky Blue Pete

It will be interesting to see what happens next year and the following year when many of these ridiculous contracts come to an end. Will the average Championship clubs continue paying sky high wages or will most of them have learned a lesson and start to live within their means? The trouble is that relegated clubs will continue to distort the market, and will have an even bigger advantage unless something is done about parachute payments.
My money is on just going back to normal

steve cooper

This season and last has seen 3 clubs deducted points for financial irregularities. There is also talk of other clubs being investigated. Now that Pandora's box has been opened this is going to be a much more common occurance if the EFL apply any consistency. Clubs gambling all on getting to the Premier League are likely to see themselves going into League 1 if things go wrong for them.

Terry Gibson's perm

This season and last has seen 3 clubs deducted points for financial irregularities. There is also talk of other clubs being investigated. Now that Pandora's box has been opened this is going to be a much more common occurance if the EFL apply any consistency. Clubs gambling all on getting to the Premier League are likely to see themselves going into League 1 if things go wrong for them.

The efl and consistency that would be a first.

MalcSB

There is talk about Derby being liquidated if their administrators can’t persuade HMRC to reduce their tax liability from £29 million to £7.5 million.

Danceswithhorses

There is talk about Derby being liquidated if their administrators can’t persuade HMRC to reduce their tax liability from £29 million to £7.5 million.
Many football clubs treat paying HMRC with total disregard, often running up big PAYE debts.
HMRC eventually got fed up with clubs threatening them with going bust (and HMRC getting £0), and offering a pittance in settlement, so i totally get why HMRC don't seem to want to 'settle' any more.
If HMRC do eventually 'settle' this by reducing the debt, it just gives other football clubs, the green light to screw over HMRC (and therefore taxpayers), which would be a very bad precedent....they should hold there ground, and i bet the money will be found by the new buyers.

steve cooper

I believe on liquidation HMRC are classed as unsecured creditors and are way down the list of who gets paid. Hence I suppose why they tend to accept less as opposed to nothing.

Danceswithhorses

I believe on liquidation HMRC are classed as unsecured creditors and are way down the list of who gets paid. Hence I suppose why they tend to accept less as opposed to nothing.
Yes, the 'football creditors rule' means football debts are given priority.
It has been around a while now, despite HMRC challenging it in court and losing the case.
I just don't like how clubs take the piss & seek to improve their cashflows, by not paying over sizeable PAYE debts.

Users who are viewing this thread