Derby points deduction (1 Viewer)

It’sabatch87

They still owe Philip Cocu a few million for his sacking and owe a few million on players that a going to leave.
Such a mess, think they may get another deduction next season.
I mean have they even got a squad to start with?

Terry Gibson's perm

...and the debt just gets bigger and bigger...surely no one will be mad enough to stump up the required cash to avoid 15 point penalty ?

Shame for them they are not West Midlands they could have followed the wasps template of begging.

shepardo01

Oh!…

Interesting....
Thought they had a buyer with a decent enough offer to not trigger -15 points this coming season....rumoured to have already brought the ground too.
Thought that may have kept him happy.
Wonder what is going on?.... or who may have come calling?

Danceswithhorses

Interesting....
Thought they had a buyer with a decent enough offer to not trigger -15 points this coming season....rumoured to have already brought the ground too.
Thought that may have kept him happy.
Wonder what is going on?.... or who may have come calling?
This guy has bought the stadium and favourite to buy the club

shepardo01

This guy has bought the stadium and favourite to buy the club
Yeah, that's what I said in my post.
I thought that may be a positive for him.
Speculating, but maybe purchase of club, plus ground hasn't left a satisfactory playing/staff budget that he is happy with....??

Sky Blue Harry H

Actually feel sorry for the Derby fans (tw*ts who acted billy big bollocks at the CBS excepted)

Expecting Mike Ashley to try and pay a fiver for them - always seems to make a profit out of anything.

Terry_dactyl

Odds compiler at Betfair must have been half cut when drafting this list up

View attachment 25061
Ha! Think they could’ve put Liam Rosenior top and any other name below…which is seemingly what they did ie Liam Rosenior is the new Derby County manager.

Liam Rosenior 4/6
Batman 4/1
Brian Clough 6/1
Princess Michael of Kent 8/1
Colonel Sanders 10/1
Steve McLaren 12/1

Danceswithhorses

Actually quite a smart move by Rooney (or more likely his advisors).
He's received much credit from the fans, the club, the city, and the general public...(despite 2 quite mediocre seasons)
But, as of now, the club has only 5 contracted players (which includes 0 gks and 0 defenders)...the takeover is still weeks away (at best)...the club cannot sign anyone until that point...and when the club can sign players, they will be feeding off scraps...they may even still start the season with a points penalty (-15 ?)
Imho, the season ahead looks like it's going to be a massive uphill battle for Derby, and one where Rooney's reputation can only suffer.
He clearly doesn't need the money, and so has decided to bank all the goodwill and walk away, reputation pretty much intact, and find a decent, non basket-case club to manage.

skyblue025

Wonder if Ravell Morrison will now return to type and not be arsed again? Rooney seems to be the only manager in his career who got a tune out of him. Or has the penny finally dropped with him?

no_loyalty

David Clowes bid accepted, deal expected to be completed by Wednesday.

skyblue025

He played more games last season for Derby than any other club he has been at. 38 games , 5 goals (same as Callum) and 4 assists.
No one is denying he has wasted his career but at 29 maybe the penny has dropped.

Yorkshire SB

That Malcolm Ebiowei has joined Palace. Was the best performance from an opposition player I saw last season (or certainly the one I noticed most), and I'd never heard of him before the game.

Users who are viewing this thread