Derby points deduction (1 Viewer)

Skybluemichael

They might do as if the end of June when contracts usually expire but not necessarily at the point the wages were paid

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
No the point I’m making is they have been in admin for what 10 months and still have a higher wage bill the us and turned down offers for their players, if the admin got it under control that wouldn’t need to go cap in hand asking for loans

fernandopartridge

No the point I’m making is they have been in admin for what 10 months and still have a higher wage bill the us and turned down offers for their players, if the admin got it under control that wouldn’t need to go cap in hand asking for loans
£1.6m a month is probably not too far off where our existing wage bill is. It's also significantly lower than what it was, they literally could not field a team without some of their residual high earners. They've sold loads of young players on the cheap too.

Frostie

£1.6m a month is probably not too far off where our existing wage bill is. It's also significantly lower than what it was, they literally could not field a team without some of their residual high earners. They've sold loads of young players on the cheap too.

They will also be paying all last season's contracts up until end of July unless the players in question have found themselves a new club already.

oldfiver

When CovRFC went into Admin they were offered use of the Ricoh.
The players agreed to play for no pay
There was a collection and donations for players.. At the point of these being handed over the Receiver claimed them !

South West Sky Blue

Can’t disagree with what you’re saying, but they could have done a LOT more. There were high value, high wages players who were allegedly attracting interest in the January transfer window. They chose not to sell. Probably did this coz they wanted more money / thought they could survive in the Championship.
However, it nullifies any sympathy I have for the club (not the fans- they’re separate. They deserve sympathy IMO).
Even if the public interest in key players wasn’t genuine, they could have easily proactively sold players to raise decent funds.
Could’ve completed their fixtures with a couple extra youth players and saved a couple million + on wages and transfer fees. Wouldn’t have been a great spectacle, but more financially prudent and honest.

Danceswithhorses

I'm sure Derby fans will be delighted...but it begs the question where was this guy 3/6/12/18 months ago, when they really needed a saviour, instead of all the charlatans they tried to do deals with?
Seems he came out of nowhere, is a local lad, and got the deal done in super quick time, with no messing about, so kudos to him, i guess.
Only worry is, will he have 'enough' money to satisfy Derby fans, who based on those i know, still think they're a top tier club in waiting....erm, guys, it's 50 years since you were good !
They've also become accustomed to top draw players on big wages, so will they be happy with some frugality and league 1 struggles (hopefully lol) ?

Macca1987

The worry is, if the takeover doesn't happen today, we will tick over into July and that should under EFL rules incur a points penalty

fernandopartridge

I'm sure Derby fans will be delighted...but it begs the question where was this guy 3/6/12/18 months ago, when they really needed a saviour, instead of all the charlatans they tried to do deals with?
Seems he came out of nowhere, is a local lad, and got the deal done in super quick time, with no messing about, so kudos to him, i guess.
Only worry is, will he have 'enough' money to satisfy Derby fans, who based on those i know, still think they're a top tier club in waiting....erm, guys, it's 50 years since you were good !
They've also become accustomed to top draw players on big wages, so will they be happy with some frugality and league 1 struggles (hopefully lol) ?

Looks like he just waited until the price was sufficiently distressed

shepardo01

So they go from not having money (but paying players (Lawrence) over 20k p/w (more than we could offer!) .....to being able to offer these two contracts!!

shepardo01

Would them two have much interest at Championship level now? Careers seem on the way down
Wasn't Chester a regular at Stoke last year?....(not sure though without looking) I'd still say that they'd command a decent wage! Something that I thought Derby should struggle to pay considering their finances.... but it seems that they will!
That's the thing I don't quite get!??

Hobo

Probably just in time to avoid further sanctions.

His statement seems sensibily, very much about stabilization and the long term rather than quick success.

Derby fans need to be patient something football fans aren't blessed with.

Flying Fokker

We blitzed it didn’t we? Unforgettable, bargain basement managers. Not forgetting our journey into league 2 after a few years. I’m sure we all wish them well, given that football rarely offers us any certainty. Great to see the club saved for the fans.

Danceswithhorses

I’m sure we all wish them well, given that football rarely offers us any certainty.
Great to see the club saved for the fans.
They're saved, but imho, their fans will want instant success due to the mad fallacy that they are still a 'big club'.
I don't think the new owner is super wealthy, but to his credit, it looks like he has his head screwed on regarding finances ie no more £8m signing from Arsenal that you can't afford and still haven't settled (Bielik 19/20).....looks like they paid £5m for Waghorn as recently as 2018 :eek:
Here's hoping for years, nay decades, of mediocrity for the male sheep lovers 🐏

better days

I've heard Karl Robinson might be in the frame for the manager's job
There was talk of Sean Dyche too but I think he's waiting for an opportunity higher up the pyramid

Last edited:

Terry Gibson's perm

Derby look like they don’t fancy a long stay in league one getting plenty of steady old pros in

Users who are viewing this thread