Match Thread Derby County (H) (2 Viewers)

SIR ERNIE

As soon as we take Gyok off the whole game changes for the worse.

Walker cannot play back to goal. Godden can’t.

You're absolutely right. Even when he's not fully fit Yok gives us that back-to-goal outlet that allows us to build pressure. Their central defenders had it easy from the moment he went off. Big mistake.

The Philosopher

Really not sure what Sheaf offers, can’t pass and can’t tackle mistake dropping Kelly today. Also great job of Walker standing still the whole time he came on
I didn’t rate him at all but got hammered with stats telling me he was great.

So I’ve looked again at him with an open mind.

He can play tidily but will make 4 howlers per match - handballs in dangerous area today, needless free kick in dangerous area, loses possession due to lack of awareness. Those are facts from today. His passing can be ok but he will pick the safer pass quite often and then oddly try a worldy. Baffling.

We miss Matty James IMHO and need a midfielder who can boss the middle to allow Gus and Cal to create.

A midfield boss Sheaf is not.

He’s not a very good player in our set up tbh.

Anyway, I’ll get some stat-gimp going on now

SlowerThanPlatt

He can play tidily but will make 4 howlers per match - handballs in dangerous area today, needless free kick in dangerous area, loses possession due to lack of awareness. Those are facts from today. His passing can be ok but he will pick the safer pass quite often and then oddly try a worldy. Baffling.

We miss Matty James IMHO and need a midfielder who can boss the middle to allow Gus and Cal to create.

What were the 4 howlers today?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Another victory gone to pot due to MR not realising we need another body in midfield.
Why the fuck he leaves 2 upfront when we cant get out of our half I'll never know.
This is the 3rd game on the trot its happened. Weve been rumbled and he just cant seem to grasp it.
He held khis hand up after the Preston game, but has just made the exact same mistake.

It is frustrating that he seemed to acknowledge it after Wed and then proceed to do almost the same thing. Second half was not good.

I think we need to not score first half. It's not helping us ;)

Brighton Sky Blue

Safe to say Robins has been given a lot of food for thought in these 3 games. Should have been 2 or 3 up, Moore untested basically until the ball is gifted away.

We needed the extra man in midfield again second half.

fernandopartridge

Clueless

Grendel

We lost the game as he went off and Kelly came on - Kelly was a disaster

Liquid Gold

Kelly was really awful. Gave the ball away for the goal and offered nothing in possession.

Walker and Godden are too similar so we lost the press.

Allen should have come on for Sheaf and Waghorn should have started.

Dabo really needs to work on his end product too. Kane has shown what a quality ball in from there can achieve.

On another note it’s really getting to me how much we need a backup for O’Hare. You can see he’s leggy now and we just don’t have anybody to replace him. Bright was a huge fuck up.

The Philosopher

Robins subs were wrong today. Cost us.
He was restricted by what he has on the bench. Kelly for Sheaf? I can see the thinking but Kelly looked off the boil. Hindsight etc.
Walker for Gyok? Gyok was struggling but Walker was not the answer. That wasn’t hindsight- just a lack of thinking. We haven’t got a back to goal forward in the squad beside Gyok. TBF Waghorn would have been better - he’s still not a no9.

SkyblueTexan

Yet we was in total charge until kell and walker came on 🤔
No we weren't in charge as they were knocking on the door. Kazim hit the post as well just prior to the goal. I don't know why the last 2 games we've just tried to sit on 1-0 leads instead of trying to go for the second goal. We stop playing and don't know what to do. We make mental mistakes and give away possession cheaply in key areas that result in goals for the opposition. So frustrating. Are we running out of energy or ideas? Allen needs to come in I think. In the Jan window, we need to find someone with a calming presence to bridge defence to attack and chip in with a few goals [ala Matty James]. Suddenly the squad just does not seem balanced.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Kelly was really awful. Gave the ball away for the goal and offered nothing in possession.

Walker and Godden are too similar so we lost the press.

Allen should have come on for Sheaf and Waghorn should have started.

Dabo really needs to work on his end product too. Kane has shown what a quality ball in from there can achieve.

On another note it’s really getting to me how much we need a backup for O’Hare. You can see he’s leggy now and we just don’t have anybody to replace him. Bright was a huge fuck up.
Bapaga recall in jan??

Brighton Sky Blue

As I said, perspective is required. We will have dips in form, but I’m confident we will get back to winning ways again

As double headers go this week it’s hard not to feel flat, we ought to have got 5 more points this week against 2 ordinary teams. I didn’t see the 100% ending against these really.

The second halves in both games were just rank, for the same reason.

Grendel

Two games in a row Robins has been tactically poor

Kieranp96

No we weren't in charge as they were knocking on the door. Kazim hit the post as well just prior to the goal. I don't know why the last 2 games we've just tried to sit on 1-0 leads instead of trying to go for the second goal. We stop playing and don't know what to do. We make mental mistakes and give away possession cheaply in key areas that result in goals for the opposition. So frustrating. Are we running out of energy or ideas? Allen needs to come in I think. In the Jan window, we need to find someone with a calming presence to bridge defence to attack and chip in with a few goals [ala Matty James]. Suddenly the squad just does not seem balanced.
What else did they do?

TwistAndShoutCCFC1987

To be fair , I Agree with most of this. Sheaf is a good player , but just makes stupid mistakes. A defensive midfielder on loan in january wouldn’t go amiss

Users who are viewing this thread