Match Thread Derby County (H) (1 Viewer)

Evo1883

Moore
Dabo
JCS
Fadz
Hyam
Maatson
Sheaf
Hamer
O hare
Walker
Vik

Tougher game than we think , but we will edge it 2-1

Attendance 22600

Marty

First home defeat of the season 2-0 Derby.

CDK

Worried about this game,more so if an unfit gyok plays as think we play speedsters up front ,think we can overun there old defense just need a really quick frontline in my view and shame we didn't rest gyok last night so he would be ready for derby Saturday as we need 30 pionts on the board soon for the reason of plenty of pionts away from the bottom group.

Demule

Taking the lad for his first City home game Sat hoping for a belter, anyone any idea how big the crowd is looking?

larry_david

I don't think we need to react too much. Keep doing what we're doing at home. Maatson was shite last night but he's 18/19, it's going to happen and we can't knee jerk because of it.

If Vik isn't fit, then rest him and have faith in Godden/Walker/Waghorn. TBH if Vik isn't fit i'd start Godden and Walker.

Liquid Gold

Moore
Dabo
JCS
Fadz
Hyam
Maatson
Sheaf
Hamer
O hare
Walker
Vik

Tougher game than we think , but we will edge it 2-1

Attendance 22600
I think this team is about right but I hope he only plays Vik if he's 100%. We can't go through the situation we did with Godden for 2 years forcing him in as he's our only goal threat and losing him for longer periods because he wasn't ready. Walker has proved he can score goals, Godden is back now and Waghorn is a great foil for either of them. Vik is first choice but only if he's completely fit.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Will be a tougher game than some expect and I reckon this might be the game we lose the 100% record. 1-1.

Could argue for numerous changes after the second half last night.

Home game I'd drop Kelly for Sheaf.
Strong argument to bring Kane in for his delivery but drop Dabo or move him to the left and drop Maatsen?
JCS left footed CB gives a lot but again who to drop. Rose has done well when he's come in and Fadz is the leader, esp if Kelly doesn't play.
If Gyo isn't fully fit put him on the bench and play Godden.

Moore
Rose Fadz JCS
Kane Hamer Sheaf Dabo
O'Hare
Godden Walker

Wilson, Maatsen, Hyam, Kelly, Allen, Gyo, Waghorn​

Northants Sky Blue

Will be a tougher game than some expect and I reckon this might be the game we lose the 100% record. 1-1.

Could argue for numerous changes after the second half last night.

Home game I'd drop Kelly for Sheaf.
Strong argument to bring Kane in for his delivery but drop Dabo or move him to the left and drop Maatsen?
JCS left footed CB gives a lot but again who to drop. Rose has done well when he's come in and Fadz is the leader, esp if Kelly doesn't play.
If Gyo isn't fully fit put him on the bench and play Godden.

Moore
Rose Fadz JCS
Kane Hamer Sheaf Dabo
O'Hare
Godden Walker

Wilson, Maatsen, Hyam, Kelly, Allen, Gyo, Waghorn​
That's prob the team I'd go for.

2 strikers at home, if Gyoks not 100% do we go Godden+Walker for first time or too similar?

On form alone Dabo, Hyam, Kelly benched for Kane, JCS and Sheaf/Allen

Maatsen looking over shoulder too but it's difficult as we dont have another genuine LWB

Northeast sky blue

[QUOTE="Northants Sky Blue, post: 2395612, member:

Maatsen looking over shoulder too but it's difficult as we dont have another genuine LWB
[/QUOTE]
I think strengthening the left hand side has got to be a priority come January

SkyblueTexan

Little afraid about this game. Derby are a very decent outfit and have an extra day's rest. We looked so absolutely knackered in the second half against Preston. Frustrating to lose a totally winnable game which could play on our psyche. The only silver lining is Walker has got 2 goals in 2 matches. Maybe Godden has to return against Derby to take the place of Gyo as the latter looked quite lackluster against Preston. Concerned also about the fitness of O'Hare, but we have no decent replacements for him (I think Allen plays better with O'Hare not in place of him). Do we rest Fadz and pair Rose and JCS (maybe drop Hyam who was didn't do enough to block/challenge for both Preston goals)? Do we drop Maatsen and bring Kane (whose crosses into the box are better) back? Not sure. Hate to say this is a must win, but we only picked up 1 point on our travels this week and need a win to keep up with the rest of the pack.

Last edited:

Paxman II

Derby's possession stats are good, but they have no real teeth, and we should be in for 3 points.
It's all about the attitude for me. Preston was looking like a hard earned win in the first 45, doing what we needed to. The second half (when normally we are better) we just became a little unsettled as things didn't fall into place for whatever reason, and Preston pushed us deep with balls over the to as did Blackburn. We are troubled with players running at our box. Hyam got turned for the goal, but what a finish. Did we go one up and get a little cocky? Looked like one or two lacked energy.
We can put that right for Derby, and we will score goals. Is it time to rest O'Hare for a game and use Allen, Sheaf and Kelly? Once again we need more from Hamer.
No panic button yet.

PVA

Derby are playing well at the moment, will be a difficult game.

I'd go for the same team as last night but Sheaf in for Kelly, assuming Gyo is fit.

clint van damme

Derby's possession stats are good, but they have no real teeth, and we should be in for 3 points.
It's all about the attitude for me. Preston was looking like a hard earned win in the first 45, doing what we needed to. The second half (when normally we are better) we just became a little unsettled as things didn't fall into place for whatever reason, and Preston pushed us deep with balls over the to as did Blackburn. We are troubled with players running at our box. Hyam got turned for the goal, but what a finish. Did we go one up and get a little cocky? Looked like one or two lacked energy.
We can put that right for Derby, and we will score goals. Is it time to rest O'Hare for a game and use Allen, Sheaf and Kelly? Once again we need more from Hamer.
No panic button yet.

Why rest O'Hare?
Got an assist last night, Preston coms were surprised when we took him off.

slowpoke

Not afraid of this fixture at all, put JCS back in gives balance and helps Maatsen having him alongside and we have Matty Godden back. Dabo has to play RWB. We went off the boil yesterday and paid the penalty Robins will get us well up for it we’ll be back in full swing Saturday as we did after the Luton debacle.

theferret

Football is weirdly predictable at times. Derby feel their recent performances haven't been properly rewarded, and there is a sense they are due a win and are building a bit of momentum and will be well backed. We are on a 6 game winning streak at home, there is a dip in form, and a sense we're due a defeat. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if this is how it played out, and we are going to be turned over at home soon enough.

I'm not sure this is entirely logical, and a win would be huge in front of the biggest crowd of the season, but just have a bad feeling about it.

SleepyGinger

Walker and Godden if Viks not 100%. I’d play Allen O’Hare and Hamer in midfield try and get on the front foot straight away. They will sit deep and try and break. I think Jagielka and Davies will struggle with the midfield runs of them 3. JCS back in for Rose.

Frostie

They will likely be 4-3-3 & favour attacking down their left with Jozwiak & Buchanan very dangerous. Dabo will certainly need a better performance than last night & a bit of help too as those pair will likely try to double on him.

JCS in for Rose
Sheaf/Allen for Kelly

Sky Blue Harry H

We are on a 6 game winning streak at home, there is a dip in form, and a sense we're due a defeat. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if this is how it played out, and we are going to be turned over at home soon enough.

I'm not sure this is entirely logical, and a win would be huge in front of the biggest crowd of the season, but just have a bad feeling about it.

I thought we might be going into this game on the back of defeats to Fulham, Blackburn and PNE, so I would have gladly taken 4 points beforehand (although, that changed after the Fulham result!). Wouldn't be surprised if we lost this, then beat Hull. However, nobody on here would be shocked if we beat Derby and then lost at hull! We are that sort of a team. A win in front of a big crowd would be great for fans and players morale.

steve101

I spoke with a Chelsea fan a while ago who said that they usually agree a loan fee for their players and then make deductions for each game they play, therefore making it financially beneficial for the team to play the loaned player. If that is the case then it is unlikely Maatsen will be replaced and JCS will start if fit and well. If JCS does start it will be interesting to see who he replaces. I think Rose has been the best of the CBs these last two games.
I think Godden will start after his hattrick for U23s and new contract. On saying that if Gyokeres is fit it would be tough taking him or Walker out given their goals.
I think Derby will be a tough team and would predict 1-1.

SlowerThanPlatt

I spoke with a Chelsea fan a while ago who said that they usually agree a loan fee for their players and then make deductions for each game they play, therefore making it financially beneficial for the team to play the loaned player. If that is the case then it is unlikely Maatsen will be replaced and JCS will start if fit and well. If JCS does start it will be interesting to see who he replaces. I think Rose has been the best of the CBs these last two games.
I think Godden will start after his hattrick for U23s and new contract. On saying that if Gyokeres is fit it would be tough taking him or Walker out given their goals.
I think Derby will be a tough team and would predict 1-1.

Not sure about Chelsea but Liverpool have in the past. Brewster when he went to Swansea had to play every game or they would be fined and the same with Kent when he went to Bristol City. They had to pay £500k in the end as they didn’t play him

CDK

The only plus for me is that derby haven't a fit striker that knocks in goals on a regular basis so will be happy with 1-0

Users who are viewing this thread