Denis Dragus (1 Viewer)

CCFC54321

I’m not arguing mate. I’m just offering a different perspective. I want our players to be totally committed too but if that means they need to think about moving to us and the UK properly first then I’m ok with that.

out of pure interest how long should you let a player decide? 48 hours or so?

Be interested to see what other posters think it’s an acceptable time?

Bennettbarnet

Always makes me laugh this type of comment. If most of us were offered a job in Romania we would take our time and might need persuading but we expect other nationalities to jump at the chance to come to the uK. Moving your entire life / family to another country is not always an easy decision.
It is if you're a professional footballer who wants to achieve the best career possible.

Let's not forget that he already plays abroad and has spent time on loan to another country recently, so I'm not sure it's the prospect of moving that is of concern.

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk

Deity

1-2 weeks.

Given we have known about our interest in the player for 5 days, the player and his agent will have known for much longer.

Maybe one of the issues is that we can’t guarantee him a starting spot on ? It would make it a tougher decision for many footballers. You don’t meet that many that enjoy being on the bench.

In my experience their priorities are:

how much money are you paying me ?
Am I starting ?
Am I playing well ?
Is the changing room a friendly one ?
Do I get on with the manager and coaches ?
Is the team winning ?

I know that doesn’t feel the order we would want it as a supporter but that’s my experience

slowpoke

It depends on his personal circumstances back home, but footballers have to be nomadic and usually they are. I’d think MR will move quickly if he sees a problem.

RoboCCFC90

someone from the club who has knowledge of the transfer workings of the club was on holiday in devon a week before the season?

I am currently on holiday in Devon, never said the individual from the club was. I would recommend reading my post again properly before chiming in with a reply.

Just sharing what I was told, you either believe it or you don't, I really don't care and I'll still sleep tonight.

David O'Day

I am currently on holiday in Devon, never said the individual from the club was. I would recommend reading my post again properly before chiming in with a reply.

Just sharing what I was told, you either believe it or you don't, I really don't care and I'll still sleep tonight.
Ok, I don't believe you. Sleep tight

RoboCCFC90

Dave Boddy. Not been seen anywhere for a long time. Heard he’s had a falling out with King 😜

I know for a fact that he was not on holiday on Saturday ;)

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

If a player needs 2 days just to think about having talk's, then move on.

Happy_Martian

Well, this news won't have helped his decision to stay in Belgium, unless he really wants to fight for his place. As it looks like Liege are building past him already.

Happy_Martian

How long did we give Gus to consider leaving PEC Zwolle ? How long for Saka or Milan ? Remember, it's not even that he's leaving his home area, his decision is to move further away from Romania if he comes here.

We are not Liverpool or Manchester United where players will agree to move the moment a potential transfer is raised. If this lad thinks he can get a regular game in Liege's first team and maybe even into the Europa League squad, he isn't going to want to jump straight into a batshit crazy English Championship squad with no ideas what will happen. I doubt a lot of mid-Prem players would want to drop to our level as well so he has some considerations to make.

We may be in a rush to get a signature in the next 2 weeks, he's considering his next 3, 4 or 5 years.

Grendel

How long did we give Gus to consider leaving PEC Zwolle ? How long for Saka or Milan ? Remember, it's not even that he's leaving his home area, his decision is to move further away from Romania if he comes here.

We are not Liverpool or Manchester United where players will agree to move the moment a potential transfer is raised. If this lad thinks he can get a regular game in Liege's first team and maybe even into the Europa League squad, he isn't going to want to jump straight into a batshit crazy English Championship squad with no ideas what will happen. I doubt a lot of mid-Prem players would want to drop to our level as well so he has some considerations to make.

We may be in a rush to get a signature in the next 2 weeks, he's considering his next 3, 4 or 5 years.

It’s not much further from Romania - I doubt he’d be driving!

the rumpo kid

If it doesn't work out for him in cov, I have a flat back truck for sale, then all he needs are a couple of signs on the side.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Ridiculous. Someone moving to a different country, possibly moving family overseas, maybe he’s met someone in his current city, they deserve time to think about it.

Forgive me, how can anyone make a decision on a move if they don't know what the terms and conditions are for him and his family.

It's only talk's after all, when he knows then it's, yes or no.

CCFC54321

If a player needs 2 days just to think about having talk's, then move on.
I agree. I don’t agree it takes two or three weeks to make a decision. He’s already moved from Romania to Belgium so must know the tick boxes when it comes to wanting to know if it’s the right move him.

If he was being offered £50k a week I bet he’d be here before the phones been put down. Feels like he’s waiting on a better offer myself.

cstring82

At least they aren’t messing about and moving on, seems like things are happening and more organised than before, I’m hopeful for this season.

TomRad85

Booo! Let's hope the next target is a good one and fancies a move within the next week.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

TomRad85

Is there actually an article anywhere saying this has fallen through? Can't find one.

RoboCCFC90

Is there actually an article anywhere saying this has fallen through? Can't find one.
Local journo’s in Belgium yesterday reported that we had agreed a deal, but the player didn’t fancy the move.

Unfortunate, but the club will move on to other targets which I’m sure Dean Austin and the team have already got detailed information for.

SkyBlue_Bear83

If we're recruiting from abroad I would rather be going for players that are actively looking for a move to England which it doesn't sound like Dragus was.

PVA

On holiday in Devon at the moment, but admittedly bumped into someone from the club yesterday, when I asked about Dragus I was told “it’s not close” and to be skeptical with the rumours surfacing online.

I was also told that Hamer bids had been rejected and the money being banded around for Hamer is double what we can offer.

Congratulations on your new status as the forums chief ITK.

RoboCCFC90

Congratulations on your new status as the forums chief ITK.
I want to say thanks, but not sure whether this a blessing or a curse 😂

Tea & Busquets

Not at all relevant now but Dragus posted pics with his pregnant missus so he probably didn’t want to move when he had a baby on the way as to not risk any instability. Valid reasoning.

Users who are viewing this thread