Deering now a Director (1 Viewer)

Terry Gibson's perm

It shows where the emphasis (and money) will go from now on.
Court cases and challenges at the expense of the football club
Why else employ someone who has no history of running a football club business.

Anybody else getting pissed off with it all ?

Yes I am pissed off with it but learning to live with it you just need to move on and leave all the off field stuff as you can do very little about it.

Astute

There is to my knowledge only one person on here who gets a financial benefit from one of the parties involved in this sorry saga.

Whilst we are going on about financial benefits are you ready to pay up on our bet we had at the start of the season?

Payable to cancer research please :)

italiahorse

Yes I am pissed off with it but learning to live with it you just need to move on and leave all the off field stuff as you can do very little about it.

Surely we need to at least let Sisu know we are unhappy about it.
Seems that every time someone mentions them in a negative manner 'the few' jump down your throat with 'what about the council or Higgs or Wasps'.

Nick

Administrator
Stop protecting the Sisu low life.
Try saying something against Sisu if you dare.
They are holding the club to ransom and this board should be our mouthpiece not Sisu's.

How is that protecting anybody?

You still haven't started a thread about SISU like I said to.

You come on throwing stuff about payroll about, yet you are the one in business with Wasps?

This board is a mouthpiece of the fans. I said to you to start a thread about SISU but you haven't, have you? What are you trying to get at or achieve by keep going on about it being a mouthpiece for SISU, yet you don't do anything different about it?

italiahorse

There is to my knowledge only one person on here who gets a financial benefit from one of the parties involved in this sorry saga.

...... and doesn't that upset you. :pointlaugh:
Wasps turning the stadium from your 'white elephant' into what it was always meant to be and those local businessmen thriving on it. :claping hands:

Grow up.

Nick

Administrator
...... and doesn't that upset you. :pointlaugh:
Wasps turning the stadium from your 'white elephant' into what it was always meant to be and those local businessmen thriving on it. :claping hands:

Grow up.

Erm, you were the one who brought payroll into it?

You are the one on here who won't have a bad word said about Wasps, but are in business with them. Then if anybody disagrees with you they must be on SISU's payroll. Genius!

italiahorse

How is that protecting anybody?

You still haven't started a thread about SISU like I said to.

You come on throwing stuff about payroll about, yet you are the one in business with Wasps?

This board is a mouthpiece of the fans. I said to you to start a thread about SISU but you haven't, have you? What are you trying to get at or achieve by keep going on about it being a mouthpiece for SISU, yet you don't do anything different about it?

So there is a problem with doing business with Wasps?
Sisu are not doing much business so we can't do anything with them.
In fact I'm sure a lot of local businesses folded whilst they we were in Nothampton.

Sisu don't give a toss about local businesses, CCFC and more importantly the fans.

Yes I will start a thread when I can find the time so get your pro Sisu facts together.

italiahorse

He's just a hypocrite. Everyone knows it. Wasps are welcome to him.

No I'm a realist, a businessman and more importantly a Coventry City fan.
Ssu are taking us no where and we need to start upsetting them ................ somehow.
We can start with telling them we are not happy, but if you do it on this board expect to be lambasted.

italiahorse

Erm, you were the one who brought payroll into it?

You are the one on here who won't have a bad word said about Wasps, but are in business with them. Then if anybody disagrees with you they must be on SISU's payroll. Genius!

Read back.

I criticised Sisu and then the comments come in reference Wasps.

Get your facts right.

Nick

Administrator
So there is a problem with doing business with Wasps?
Sisu are not doing much business so we can't do anything with them.
In fact I'm sure a lot of local businesses folded whilst they we were in Nothampton.

Sisu don't give a toss about local businesses, CCFC and more importantly the fans.

Yes I will start a thread when I can find the time so get your pro Sisu facts together.

Erm, I am not sure you get get it.

You throw things about about people being on SISU's payroll, yet you are the one working with Wasps. Can you not see that it is hypocritical, or does that really pass you by?

"get my pro sisu facts together"? Wow. You are really on one today aren't you? I'd rather just facts, as in factual things that have happened. Not your made up bullshit.

Nick

Administrator
Read back.

I criticised Sisu and then the comments come in reference Wasps.

Get your facts right.

The comment about you working with Wasps was brought up when you said:

Are you on the Sisu payroll ?

It is quite funny you throw that about and can't see the irony in it. Whereas if it was somebody NOT working with Wasps saying it, then it wouldn't be ironic would it?

Sky Blue Kid

From what I gleen from posts on here, It shouldn't matter who is working with whom. If any poster disagrees with what SISU. say, do, or don't do, they will be "Lambasted" as Italia says, simply because certain posters don't like certain posters. How many of you on this forum still ate "Pappa Johns Pizza's" when SISU took our Club to Northampton? IIRC. Now if that isn't "Pot calling Kettle" then I don't know what is!

Nick

Administrator
From what I gleen from posts on here, It shouldn't matter who is working with whom. If any poster disagrees with what SISU. say, do, or don't do, they will be "Lambasted" as Italia says, simply because certain posters don't like certain posters. How many of you on this forum still ate "Pappa Johns Pizza's" when SISU took our Club to Northampton? IIRC. Now if that isn't "Pot calling Kettle" then I don't know what is!

Erm, it was started by Italia accusing somebody of being on the payroll of SISU.

I think you are missing the point as well.

If "Big Dave" was working with SISU, let's say for example he owned a hotel and 70 - 80% of his business was done via SISU. Then he came on here and his views and morals completely changed to those previously now he is doing that business.

I am sure there would be outrage...

Terry Gibson's perm

Surely we need to at least let Sisu know we are unhappy about it.
Seems that every time someone mentions them in a negative manner 'the few' jump down your throat with 'what about the council or Higgs or Wasps'.

I am sure they know the fans aren't happy but I don't think they really care

dongonzalos

She offered them about the same as what was paid, value was about right. It was laughed at wasn't it?

I asked if it was Laura Derling who suggested that SISU offered £2 million for something completely worthless purely because the Higgs were a charity?

The reply I got was "why because she was right. "

So I am asking was she right then, did SISU offer £2 million for something worth nothing because a charity was selling it?

on the matter of the actual price paid (the diversion attempt) It was sold in the end for nearly 40% more than that offer.

skybluetony176

She offered them about the same as what was paid, value was about right. It was laughed at wasn't it?

Not what she said though. The value wasn't about right because she clearly said it was worthless.

“She recognised that the company (ACL) was worth nothing.”
Asked by Mr Brennan why Ms Seppala was, at one point, willing to pay £5.5m for a share that they thought was worth nothing, Ms Deering said: “She recognised they were a charity.”
Mr Justice Leggatt intervened with the comment: “But you’re not a charity are you?”
To which Ms Deering replied: “I don’t know the details of the conversations between Mr Harris and Ms Seppala.”
Mr Brennan asked if Ms Seppala could be considered “a sentimental person” and pushed for more details as to why she would be willing to pay a seven-figure sum for something she thought was worthless.
Miss Deering added: “She recognised the value of what the charity had given. I can’t answer that question.”

Sky Blue Kid

Erm, it was started by Italia accusing somebody of being on the payroll of SISU.

If "Big Dave" was working with SISU, let's say for example he owned a hotel and 70 - 80% of his business was done via SISU. Then he came on here and his views and morals completely changed to those previously now he is doing that business.

Ermmmm... How many times is Italia attacked for going to watch "Wasps"?(I personally wouldn't dream of it) Yet curl up in their shells when the "Loyal" 1k fans followed CCFC to Northampton. In my eyes it was an act of disloyalty to the City of Coventry, but woe betide anyone that said/thought anything detremental to those CCFC fans.

Awaiting the Pro CCC slagging.......

skybluetony176

Perhaps you could clarify but exactly what business arrangement does Italia have with Wasps?

Nick

Administrator
I asked if it was Laura Derling who suggested that SISU offered £2 million for something completely worthless purely because the Higgs were a charity?

The reply I got was "why because she was right. "

So I am asking was she right then, did SISU offer £2 million for something worth nothing because a charity was selling it?

on the matter of the actual price paid (the diversion attempt) It was sold in the end for nearly 40% more than that offer.

It wasn't diversion was it? It was quite factual?

At the time, the £2m that was offered to Higgs for their share was outrageous and all of the kids of Coventry were going to starve to death. It had to be the formula value or £5m plus.

Then it sells for £2.7 (or around that) and all is hunky dory.

That share on it's own wouldn't do much would it? Wasps needed it though to get 100% control.

Nick

Administrator
Ermmmm... How many times is Italia attacked for going to watch "Wasps"?(I personally wouldn't dream of it) Yet curl up in their shells when the "Loyal" 1k fans followed CCFC to Northampton. In my eyes it was an act of disloyalty to the City of Coventry, but woe betide anyone that said/thought anything detremental to those CCFC fans.

Italia gets stick for Wasps because of what happened during Sixfields.

You are welcome to come on here and say you don't believe people should go to watch teams moved and it's not right, then give them stick, then get all excited about people abusing them. Then when a Premier League team move by your house and you are all excited about it and your morals suddenly change you will get a bit of stick back won't you?

Italia gets stick for working with Wasps because he accuses people of being on SISU's payroll.

Does average Dave the Rugger fan get stick? Certainly not off me.

SkyBlueZack

Act of disloyalty to Coventry? I assume then you are just as appalled with the council for moving a London club to Coventry? In the interests of fairness. And of not being called a hypocrite? That's not slagging ccc just stating the obvious.

skybluetony176

I was on about the offer, which was about right.

But you said the value not the offer. That's a big difference when the offer has basicaly been described by the people that made it as a charitable donation.

They valued it at zero pounds, it's all in the court papers.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Actually Nick we dont know it was about right. That was a verbal offer in 2012 and the Wasps deal was (a) in 2014 and (b) at least £1.5m more in total value plus add ons. Seppalas "offer"wasnt as such an indication of true value but take it or leave it. In any case a lot happened between 2012 and 2014 that affected the value of the ACL shares and therefore the two "values" are not linked

The verbal "offer" by Seppala was never accepted in fact it was rejected out of hand

Last edited:

dongonzalos

It wasn't diversion was it? It was quite factual?

At the time, the £2m that was offered to Higgs for their share was outrageous and all of the kids of Coventry were going to starve to death. It had to be the formula value or £5m plus.

Then it sells for £2.7 (or around that) and all is hunky dory.

That share on it's own wouldn't do much would it? Wasps needed it though to get 100% control.

It was a usual diversion by Grendel not answering the question asked and attempting to change the direction.

Grendel said in reply to my question said she was right.

If so Grendel believes that SISU offered £2million for something worthless because it's owned by a charity.

I asked if she was the one who said that, Grendel said she was right.

Regarding the price I have always said I hope the charity get back every penny they put in.
They were offered 2 million (I think ) rejected it ( I think )
They were then offered 40% more and some long term ticket deal and accepted it.
They must have been happy with the deal in order to accept it.
Personally I Hope they got it get back every penny and some on top. I think you would have to be a strange individual not to feel like that.

Away from the successful diversion (well done Grendel)

It's seems the actual answer to the question is that it was Laura Deeling who said Joy offered 2 million for something worthless due to it been a charity

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
But you said the value not the offer. That's a big difference when the offer has basicaly been described by the people that made it as a charitable donation.

They valued it at zero pounds, it's all in the court papers.

I clearly meant the value of the offer.... As in the money offered.

Nick

Administrator
Actually Nick we dont know it was about right. That was a verbal offer in 2012 and the Wasps deal was (a) in 2014 and (b) at least £1.5m more in total value plus add ons. Se ppalas "offer"wasnt as such an indication of true value but take it or leave it. In any case a lot happened between 2012 and 2014 that affected the value of the ACL shares and therefore the two "values" are not linked

The verbal "offer" by Seppala was never accepted in fact it was rejected out of hand

Yes it was a couple of years later and things had changed.

Did Wasps pay Higgs at least £3.5m for their share? I know there is the addon about ticket sales also.

Nick

Administrator
Of course you did.

By the way can you clarify exactly what business arrangement does Italia have with Wasps?

I did, that's why I was referring to the £2m rather than the £0.

You can ask Italia his business arrangement ;) It has been mentioned a few times on here.

Users who are viewing this thread