Death List 2022 (6 Viewers)

wingy

Ah bugger.
Got right into their stuff through lockdown.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Had more hits than many people realise I think. Most people only know them for the one song, Whiter Shade of Pale.

My absolute favourite Procul Harem song is "Homburg". Great lyrics: "You'd better take off your homburg, coz your overcoat is too long". Brilliant! Typical '60's floaty lyrics!

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Olive from On the Buses punched her last ticket..........
Wasn't she the last remaining regular of On The Buses? I know Bob Grant, who played 'Jack', committed suicide not far from where I live. 'Mum' - Doris Hare, died years ago, Reg Varney also died years ago, I believe Michael Robbins, who played Arthur died during filming a series. That leaves Stephen Lewis - The Inspector - who went o to star in Last of the Summer Wine. He died in 2015.
Strangely, I've been enjoyed re-runs of On The Buses fairly recently.
RIP the whole cast. 🥀 🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀

wingy

Sad to learn of the passing of All Black and NZ RL international Inga Tuigamala.
A truly great player in both codes, and a lovely guy too.
I remember him playing for Newcastle against Cov in the 1990s.
Far too young.
Yeah I read about him after this, quite a player.
Apparently became a funeral director partly as a result of many colleagues dying .

Bugsy

RIP skibadee 😔

lifeskyblue

Shirley Hughes, author and illustrator of the Alfie and Dogger books etc for children has died in her 90s. I read these to my kids and read them to my grandchildren. RIP
her books are probably the most well thumbed, dog eared and torn we have in the family…a wonderful legacy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chiefdave

Legend is thrown around pretty casually but Warne was 100% a legend from the minute he arrived in England and bowled Gatting with his first ball.

Can't quite believe its true, was only a couple of days ago he was joking about if he'd take the England job and who was being lined up for London Spirit in this seasons Hundred.

Terry_dactyl

Legend is thrown around pretty casually but Warne was 100% a legend from the minute he arrived in England and bowled Gatting with his first ball.

Can't quite believe its true, was only a couple of days ago he was joking about if he'd take the England job and who was being lined up for London Spirit in this seasons Hundred.
I remember as a kid watching that ball on the telly, in the days when the BBC would show the test matches. Incredible…seemed to go at right angles. What a way to introduce yourself.
Definitely one of the very best.

lifeskyblue

RIP …one of, if not the greatest spin bowler of all time. Competitive and respected by all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread