Death List 2020 (3 Viewers)

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Did they ever find the guy who sent the tapes in ?
Yeah. His name was Jack Humble. He tried to kill himself over what he'd done. It wasn't until 2005 that he was detected by chance and then in 2006, sentenced to 8 years for perverting the course of justice. He drank himself to death in 2019.

Terry Gibson's perm

When I told mrs tgp this morning I said Peter Sutcliffe not the one from gavin and Stacey the other one

Otis

He seemed to be such a lovely bloke. Always smiling and humble. On TV at least, anyway.

Otis

Gyles Brandreth described O'Connor as the “ultimate professional”. In a tweet he wrote: “Des O'Connor was such a nice, nice man. The ultimate professional, an impeccable entertainer, skilful, stylish, self-deprecating, fun to be with, lovely to know."

Sbarcher

Still time this year for the Duke and maybe Cliff as an outsider!

Did you see the chap from Hayes Travel who rescued Thomas Cook died at work this week, such a shame for all he has done for the travel industry.

Kneeza

Still time this year for the Duke and maybe Cliff as an outsider!

Did you see the chap from Hayes Travel who rescued Thomas Cook died at work this week, such a shame for all he has done for the travel industry.
Yes, great shame. Good man.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Ah. Death O'Connor (as named by Eric Morecambe). Or Deaf O'Connor - another of his favourite names for him.

clint van damme

Was he ill ? I remember a time when him and Shilton alternated for England, i thought he was the better of the 2

Not sure, just saw the report that he had died.
Was a great battle between him and Shilton for the England No.1 shirt. Both great keepers but I always though Shilton just shaded it. I still say his performance in the 0-0 draw with Forest at HR the day they won the league was the greatest goalkeeping performance I've seen live. Cost us a place in Europe as well the brexit bastard 😂

Johnnythespider

Not sure, just saw the report that he had died.
Was a great battle between him and Shilton for the England No.1 shirt. Both great keepers but I always though Shilton just shaded it. I still say his performance in the 0-0 draw with Forest at HR the day they won the league was the greatest goalkeeping performance I've seen live. Cost us a place in Europe as well the brexit bastard 😂
Yeah, there was a thread on here a while back about the best performance by an away player and i mentioned Shilton in that game, like you say both great keepers

clint van damme

Kneeza

A bit 'rugger' for many on here, but Cecil Duckworth has passed also. The guy that sold his Worcester boiler company to Bosch and used the proceeds to buy Worcester's way up to the Premiership.
The essence of how sport has become just a business.

rob9872

*1987 fa cup runners up medal 👍😂😂

Sbarcher

A bit 'rugger' for many on here, but Cecil Duckworth has passed also. The guy that sold his Worcester boiler company to Bosch and used the proceeds to buy Worcester's way up to the Premiership.
The essence of how sport has become just a business.
Oh no. He was my boss. Such a lovely man. He brought the combi boiler to the UK and fought to get the Water Regs changed so they could be legally installed.

Kneeza

Oh no. He was my boss. Such a lovely man. He brought the combi boiler to the UK and fought to get the Water Regs changed so they could be legally installed.
Decent chap, yes, even if he was a catalyst in the moneyfication (no, probably not a word 😉) of rugby.
I understand he initially tried to get heavily involved financially with Worcs cricket, but was knocked back, and the rest is history.

wingy

Where does the time go?
J thought his last child was around 8 , quite an achievement it would have been ,fathering a baby aged 80
Still more accurately 72 is going some.🤭

Users who are viewing this thread