Death List 2020 (3 Viewers)

clint van damme

Thought you said Trump for a mo...
Never mind.
I saw the car that JFK was shot in on display at Dearborn Greenfield Museum some years ago. Struck me as slightly tasteless, but Americans, eh?

you're not supposed to chew it mate

Kneeza

But we sort of do the same. Old jails show where they hung people. Tower of London marks the spot Anne Boleyn got beheaded as is the spot of the gallows in Tyburn.
Fair comment. But this just seemed kinda raw. Someone who was a 'real' leader of the free world (unlike the current klutz-in-chief) gunned-down in plain sight. And here was the car in which he took the bullet. And when I saw it, it was only 30-odd years after it happened.
Hard to describe, but it felt wrong to me.

Sky_Blue_Daz

That’s a shame loved cannon and ball when I was a kid

chiefdave

Loved Cannon and Ball, saw them regularly in my youth when they'd play Bournemouth while I was on the family holiday.

Don't think they really got the appreciation they deserved in recent years.

Kneeza

Wales, British Lions, and Llanelli legend JJ Williams has died at age 72.
One of the greats of an era of Welsh rugby that will always be remembered by those that witnessed it.

oscillatewildly

Hah. R deC and Nookie were also on the bill at that Cannon and Ball Show.
Not very PC now, but funny at the time.
I knew somebody who saw R deC and Nookie live (this must have been late 1970's) Apparently one of Nookies eyes popped out and landed underneath the chair that R deC was sat on. He was scanning the stage for it unaware it had settled beneath the chair where he couldn't see it.
The audience were howling and R deC was getting more frustrated by it - she said, no doubt hampered by the fact he was already half cut when he (they) took to the stage.

Paul Anthony

Obviously Sean Connery was the absolute personification of James Bond. But one of favorite roles for me was in Last Crusade as Indy's dad. We all know his attributes as a serious, action film actor. That showed just how versatile he was, that he could take on such a comedic role and make it look so good just shows how legendary his acting abilities were

Ian1779

If anyone has ever heard/seen the Eddie Izzard sketch on Noah and his ark (played by Sean Connery) I can just imagine him doing it to perfection.

RegTheDonk

Obviously Sean Connery was the absolute personification of James Bond. But one of favorite roles for me was in Last Crusade as Indy's dad. We all know his attributes as a serious, action film actor. That showed just how versatile he was, that he could take on such a comedic role and make it look so good just shows how legendary his acting abilities were
RIP Sean Connery. As an actor, brillaint - obviously as Bond but you're right on all those other counts.

I've never seen The Man Who Would Be King but keep being told its a cracking film and to make the effort.

One of my absolute fav films has to be "The Hill", he was brilliant in that too.

Users who are viewing this thread