Dean Austin (2 Viewers)

shmmeee

Looks to me like he took on a role at his hometown club after extensive experience at Watford as well as a couple of other Championship clubs TBH.

robbiekeane

Very odd appointment and doesn’t signal a new era of investing in proven players
I don’t think I particularly want us splashing cash on “proven” players who will cost a fortune? I’d prefer us to find hungry young up and coming players who can play their heart out and develop with us and then likely be sold on for a profit as they go onto bigger and better things.

Weird thing to say

slowpoke

Very odd appointment and doesn’t signal a new era of investing in proven players
Do you think his name was just plucked out of a hat, he will have been known, checked out maybe even before Badland left, maybe why Badland left.

chinamans view

I would like to know who he has been responsible for spotting and bringing to any clubs, that has gone on to play at championship or higher

SBT

I’m not so much interested in which individual players he’s found/developed - that can sometimes just be a product of good fortune. I’m more concerned with his thoughts on data/analytics and foreign markets. There’s so much data available now - what does he prioritise in looking for a player? (Badlan seemed to be pretty strong on this) Which overseas countries are going to give us an edge in this post-Brexit transfer market? (He was pretty crap at this)

slowpoke

Things move on in football we are looking to enter the top end of the championship and hopefully beyond. I suspect despite what has been said this isn’t knee jerk stuff.

Grendel

The amazing thing is that the Club didn't reach out and appoint one of the experts on here to the position - given the mind-blowing amount of knowledge and insight shown daily on these pages. A missed opportunity.

Biamou is fuming you didn’t get the gig Danny. He’s having to take the job at Next over Christmas now

Grendel

I’m not so much interested in which individual players he’s found/developed - that can sometimes just be a product of good fortune. I’m more concerned with his thoughts on data/analytics and foreign markets. There’s so much data available now - what does he prioritise in looking for a player? (Badlan seemed to be pretty strong on this) Which overseas countries are going to give us an edge in this post-Brexit transfer market? (He was pretty crap at this)

Hopefully Badlan has left in his office the analytics that profiled Hillsner and Da Costa

Liquid Gold

This could signal we’re looking away from the European market, maybe due to visa issues, and are going to start trying to bring through more players from down the pyramid.

Who knows if it’ll work out but I wish him the best.

Liquid Gold

The amazing thing is that the Club didn't reach out and appoint one of the experts on here to the position - given the mind-blowing amount of knowledge and insight shown daily on these pages. A missed opportunity.
Guaranteed likes on here to moan about people expressing an opinion.

If you don’t want to hear how people view a situation then sign the fuck off and shut the fuck up.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

That's one of the maddest post match interviews I've seen, seething isn't strong enough.
When he says " Good luck them. They ain't gonna get anything out of this lot (the players)" with reference to another manager coming in then it's a poor show. It's not my fault. It's the players. That spoilt what was an interesting post match controlled rant.

skyblu3sk

When he says " Good luck them. They ain't gonna get anything out of this lot (the players)" with reference to another manager coming in then it's a poor show. It's not my fault. It's the players. That spoilt what was an interesting post match controlled rant.
Honestly I thought it was incredibly poor from a people management perspective top to bottom!

Brighton Sky Blue

Is he bringing his brother, Steve, then? One for the older members hahaha
Steve Austin What GIF

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Honestly I thought it was incredibly poor from a people management perspective top to bottom!
There's no doubt in my mind that when you effectively say the players are rubbish you should resign. There's no coming back from that. If they're rubbish you make it better as all good managers and coaches do To insinuate they're so bad than no one else would really do anything with them is disrespectful in the extreme. It's throwing in the towel and passing the responsibility to others.

Jesse Carver

There's no doubt in my mind that when you effectively say the players are rubbish you should resign. There's no coming back from that. If they're rubbish you make it better as all good managers and coaches do To insinuate they're so bad than no one else would really do anything with them is disrespectful in the extreme. It's throwing in the towel and passing the responsibility to others.

Looks like he was sacked the next day

• Haha
Reactions: SBT

lord_garrincha

That's fucking brilliant... until I'm told otherwise by the circus upstairs is a personal favourite line.
He was an excellent coach. One of the first people in this country to have all the relevant coaching badges.

This doc killed his career stone dead... His assistant kept in work... managed Sheff Weds amongst others.

Users who are viewing this thread