Dean Austin (1 Viewer)

Paul Anthony

My favourite manager rant of all time, something to aspire to.

There's another clip of him on YouTube at Half time, basically telling the whole team that the club is about to be taken over, and most of the team have got to go because they're rubbish and on too much money.

I still want to know how bringing your dinner is helpful to a post-fight wind down, too.

Apparently he remembered watching the Robert Duval film "Colors", and the line stuck in his head and this is what he came out with. Must admit, I've used it a few times on FIFA in games where it's gotten a little... aggressive 😂

slowpoke

He is another part of ongoing behind the scenes drip drip changes at ccfc, starting with first team coach Dennis Lawrence last year and various new coaches coming into the Acadamy. Under 18s post vacant to be filled soon.

Sick Boy

He is another part of ongoing behind the scenes drip drip changes at ccfc, starting with first team coach Dennis Lawrence last year and various new coaches coming into the Acadamy. Under 18s post vacant to be filled soon.
Thanks for the insight.

Ross1247

This guy Jamie Johnson has an impressive cv. He was Brightons European scouting manager for a number of years. Worked with spurs, Derby, Millwall, Portsmouth, Huddersfield among others. Positive move and if we can replicate some of what Brighton have done in recent years I'd be happy!

slowpoke

This guy Jamie Johnson has an impressive cv. He was Brightons European scouting manager for a number of years. Worked with spurs, Derby, Millwall, Portsmouth, Huddersfield among others. Positive move and if we can replicate some of what Brighton have done in recent years I'd be happy!
Wonder if he took Gyokeres to Brighton.

Ross1247

Wonder if he took Gyokeres to Brighton.
That's what I was thinking, but looks like he started with brigthon in 2014 and left at end of 2016 and Gyokeres joined them in 2018. Could well have been on his radar/database though. That being said they did bring in some serious talent during his time there...

rexo87

That's what I was thinking, but looks like he started with brigthon in 2014 and left at end of 2016 and Gyokeres joined them in 2018. Could well have been on his radar/database though. That being said they did bring in some serious talent during his time there...
Looks like Knockeart came over during bus time. Also Hemed who was a good striker for them

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

vow

Good to see Robins following the Football Manager adage of hiring all permitted back room staff. Might need to ask King to expand the available wage budget for physios next.
Haha, indeed!

I don't hire a DoFootball as I'm tight and do all the stuff myself anyhow! Probably the reason I'm still playing FM17 as it's taking a long time.

Brighton Sky Blue

Haha, indeed!

I don't hire a DoFootball as I'm tight and do all the stuff myself anyhow! Probably the reason I'm still playing FM17 as it's taking a long time.
Good way to add a very expensive extra scout

Reactions: vow

Sick Boy

What exactly does a DoF do? Are they responsible for transfers into the club rather than the manager?

steve cooper

What exactly does a DoF do? Are they responsible for transfers into the club rather than the manager?
Seems so, among other things.

Calista

Seems so, among other things.
tbf it says 'The role can be very different in different clubs'. If this change is confirmed, it will be interesting to see how it's intended to work.

Frostie

@Frostie you're usually ITK with this kind of thing, any idea?

Yeah, knew about Johnson coming in after the window but assumed he was to be Chief Scout & Austin as Head of Recruitment; not sure about the DoF thing tbh.

TomRad85

Looks like we aren't going to be run like a Sunday league team anymore and I welcome it. Boddy probably not sitting too comfortably mind you.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

rexo87

Presumably DOF would be in charge of negotiating contracts, transfer fees in and out etc, liaising with academy staff. Leaves Boddy to deal more with the commercial side?

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

ccfc1234

Yeah, knew about Johnson coming in after the window but assumed he was to be Chief Scout & Austin as Head of Recruitment; not sure about the DoF thing tbh.

Titles are somewhat immaterial imo. The Job description of Austin will be the same and I suspect so will his level of remuneration.

Users who are viewing this thread