Dean Austin (2 Viewers)

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Who is saying that?

The recruitment team you’re always ragging on left a couple of months ago.

There has been a lot of fragility on here about the recruitment team, and consistent defending of them because 'sisu gave them a bad budget'.

It's just a light hearted joke, but it does still stand true. Our recruitment could be better.

slowpoke

My guess is we will be moving into the foreign market perhaps bigger than we are now. This chap from Wimbledon will have his team of contacts as will Dean Austin I think we are lagging behind in the scouting/recruitment side of the club and it’s good to see something is being done about it.

Gibbo

I have watched Wimbledon twice in the last 3 weeks (for my pains) - not a great advert for him. Dire stuff - 0-0 and 1-0.

The only player I liked was the right back and he was clearly no better than good League 2. Currie the apparently much admired left back was invisble in the first game and absent in the second. Quite the most useless attack I have ever seen with the main striker a headless chicken of parks standard. Players with a first touch no better than mine.

It could mean nothing, the manager - Johnnie Jackson ex-City loanee - maybe the problem.

Paid £60 for two tickets to the first game (Bradford) to watch absolute tripe; thankfully for the second game (Stockport) I paid the concession rate of £5 to go in the away end.

KenilworthSkyBlue

Boddy can concentrate on the administration and commercial side of the club wether that attracts the position of c.e.o. we will see.

Neither of which he's particularly competent at. Certainly not at this level anyway.

I strongly suspect Doug King will be looking to bring in a new face in the summer. Boddy isn't his man, he's SISUs. Equally, he has a lower league mentality and just isn't a right fit for where we want to be as a club.

I'd be astonished if he's still in the role next season.

slowpoke

Do you wipe the blood from your knife ? I don’t know what is good enough or not but in fairness to Boddy under the last regime and that excuse of a chairman he was chief cook and bottle washer. Hopefully things will be easier now with more hands at the pump.

procdoc

Whoever said spend 12 million on Simms and Wright, it’s great value, needs fucking sacking. Bring back Kevin Kyle

CCFC54321

The amount of money on these two is frightening and I’m pretty sure that who was responsible for scouting will be a touch nervous as football is a ruthless game. Believe me when I say most likely conversations are being had within Ryton on what’s going wrong with such an outlay on these two players in question.

slowpoke

The amount of money on these two is frightening and I’m pretty sure that who was responsible for scouting will be a touch nervous as football is a ruthless game. Believe me when I say most likely conversations are being had within Ryton on what’s going wrong with such an outlay on these two players in question.
You don’t know what you are talking about.

CCFC54321

You don’t know what you are talking about.
You’ll be very surprised that I DO know what I’m talking about.

There’s a lot of stuff I don’t post on here that I know due to responses like that.

Enjoy your day and no hard feelings from my end. :)

Balli001

The recruitment team wouldn't have decided how much to pay. They would just recommend the players. We are 7 games in. I highly doubt discussions like you suggest are happening

CCFC54321

The recruitment team wouldn't have decided how much to pay. They would just recommend the players. We are 7 games in. I highly doubt discussions like you suggest are happening
I’ll have my usual 50p that they are mate.

we beg to differ.

Dickie

I’ll have my usual 50p that they are mate.

we beg to differ.
Surely it’s a team of people involved. At first team level maybe the recruitment team, Doug, Boddy, Robins and others. You’d think it would be a collective effort but who gets to approve the final figure?

I know at Brentford, Frank, the owner, DOF and the recruitment team are all involved in the process, Frank’s been very vocal about it. Might not be the same with us though…

fatso

Ffs mate wake up.
Clubs like ours can't afford errors on the scale of £10+ million. If MR can't get a tune out of Simms and Wright very fucking quickly, then big Doug will be wanting answers, and some fuckers head will roll.

Once we get 10 games in, there better be some signs of progress or attendances will start to dip under 20k and fans will get pissed off and that will impact cash flow, and as a businessman Doug will demand answers.

You'd have to be naive in the extreme, to think Doug is happy at this point in time.

CCFC54321

Surely it’s a team of people involved. At first team level maybe the recruitment team, Doug, Boddy, Robins and others. You’d think it would be a collective effort but who gets to approve the final figure?

I know at Brentford, Frank, the owner, DOF and the recruitment team are all involved in the process, Frank’s been very vocal about it. Might not be the same with us though…
I’d imagine that mark robins will advise what mold of player he is looking for and let the recruitment team go find them. That’s what they’re paid to do. King will only go with the advice he is receiving and can give the yes or no to approve the signing.

SeaSeeEffCee

Sounds like a great culture where people’s jobs are at risk because players aren’t performing after 7 games.

CCFC54321

Ffs mate wake up.
Clubs like ours can't afford errors on the scale of £10+ million. If MR can't get a tune out of Simms and Wright very fucking quickly, then big Doug will be wanting answers, and some fuckers head will roll.

Once we get 10 games in, there better be some signs of progress or attendances will start to dip under 20k and fans will get pissed off and that will impact cash flow, and as a businessman Doug will demand answers.

You'd have to be naive in the extreme, to think Doug is happy at this point in time.
The complete naivety that no conversation or comment has been had from king downwards is remarkable. I’ve said before football’s a ruthless game and if a tune isn’t being played soon by these two signings big questions are going to be asked.

shmmeee

Really not sure why Simms is getting it. He’s cost nothing like that Wright did, is younger, and has barely played. Kitching and Wright have to prove their worth, the rest are normal Championship signings.

pusbccfc

We were looking at Haji well before Austin came in.

Users who are viewing this thread