Votes: 74 34.9%

• Total voters

Ccfcisparks

Not another one... please...

giphy.gif

Grendel

Do a poll just for a variation on a theme

Terry Gibson's perm

Is he out of contract I wish somebody had said as I hadn’t realised.

Colin Steins Smile

Given the number of unavailable forwards we had this year, we definitely need 4 forwards. Max could do a back up job for us, but only if the price is right......to steal a term.
The issue with external recruitment is the add on costs of agent fees, signing on fees etc...so this needs to be taken into consideration with our limited budget and where we are directing our spend.

Sky Blue Pete

Not for me. Am quite excited that only hyam and Kelly will . Oh and of course Jones. Brilliant servant but thank you and goodbye

D

Deleted member 2477

Are we going to have one of these threads for every player this year that has been a target for the boo boys at some stage.
nothing like getting behind the team.
id rather leave the decisions to MR but then again some on here were calling for his head 4weeks a go

Saddlebrains

For me its this

If Robins brings Gyokores in then fuck max off

If not, keep him

If Gyok comes in thats target man/unit

Added to Godden and Walker being finishers

We then need another pacey forward to complete the front 4.

clint van damme

Its a no from me.
But if thats what Robins decides, the man who has been responsible the success of the last few years and is privy to our wage structure, budgetary constraints and demands of potential targets can the anti Max faction just accept that he knows best and get behind him and the pro Max faction stop trying to paint his inevitable poor goal returns as akin to Ian Rushs stats in his prime

mark82

75.9% of our fan base on this forum don’t want us to progress next season

I'm not sure that's true. I voted yes on the basis I believe if we bring a striker in it should be as the main man, not a backup. To be honest though, I'd be happy if the budget allowed us to bring in a better development striker (maybe former prem u23) as well as maybe a loan as first choice. There wasn't an option for not arsed either way though.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Guess it depends who else we can bring in.

Find it a bit baffling that people who are really against us not giving Biamou a new deal are saying they would give one to Shipley.

shmmeee

So 5th option? Seems a bit pointless to me.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Yeah but more backup for the Györkeres role than outright 5th choice. I think we need options and Max offer something, even if it isn’t goal scoring.

D

Deleted member 11652

Guess it depends who else we can bring in.

Find it a bit baffling that people who are really against us not giving Biamou a new deal are saying they would give one to Shipley.

Who has said Shipley should get a new deal? He isn’t even out of contract is he?

TomRad85

Yeah but more backup for the Györkeres role than outright 5th choice. I think we need options and Max offer something, even if it isn’t goal scoring.
The ability to start arguments on this forum? In would be the end of an era in a way.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

better days

At this stage of his career Max is likely to want to play regularly
I suspect he and Robins will talk and the most likely outcome is that Max will be advised to look for another club

Magwitch1

I like Max whatever you might think about ability he always gives 100% but there’s no sentiment in football we need better if we want to progress and I can’t see progression in re-signing someone to be fourth choice striker, for me thank him, let him go and replace.

Grendel

I suspect he and Robins will talk and the most likely outcome is that Max will be advised to look for another club

Christ - don’t tell Danny - man you’d better get some more volunteers for the Samaritans

cov donkey kick

Will be very surprised if offered a deal max will take it anyway as it's not going to be any different than this season to getting a game if fit choices ahead of him ,think he's been lucky he's been the only fit striker and don't see robins allowing that next season to happen.

skybluetony176

I’ve voted yes. If for no other reason that if we overachieve again next season the boo boys need a target other than Robins. Wouldn’t want the boo boys to be disappointed if they have no one to moan about.

Last edited:

Sick Boy

100% agreed. At his age he needs regular football and he’d now have a decent shot at being a regular for a League 1 club.

Users who are viewing this thread