Deadline Day (1 Viewer)

skybluebeduff

Ezequiel Schelotto

Adam Hammill

Kevin Feely

Tiago Casasola

Marius Zaliukas

Point being i could go on and on, whats the point?

Everyone thinking Ajose was the likely one to sign and along comes Lateef. Mowbray doesn't have an adequate budget to have a better squad.

Hobo

Ezequiel Schelotto

Adam Hammill

Kevin Feely

Tiago Casasola

Marius Zaliukas

Point being i could go on and on, whats the point?

Everyone thinking Ajose was the likely one to sign and along comes Lateef. Mowbray doesn't have an adequate budget to have a better squad.

Ajose was never going to sign on his wages with two years left on his contract. A loan deal could still be a possible option.

skybluebeduff

Ajose was never going to sign on his wages with two years left on his contract. A loan deal could still be a possible option.

He could of signed today on loan, at a time when we really need a striker in place for Sunday. But this is CCFC, we know different.

Hobo

He could of signed today on loan, at a time when we really need a striker in place for Sunday. But this is CCFC, we know different.

That is if you can sort the contract out over who is paying what wage wise. None of the parties are going to rush a loan deal through on deadline day. Of course he may not even be a target, newspapers have to print something.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Think the possible departure of Ajose is the one thing that could materialise tonight - club trying to offload him. #lufc #lufclive

Clubs still have two more hours to complete deals IF they've notified everyone but not expecting anything at #lufc #lufclive
3 retweets 1 favorite

SkyBlue_Bear83

That is if you can sort the contract out over who is paying what wage wise. None of the parties are going to rush a loan deal through on deadline day. Of course he may not even be a target, newspapers have to print something.

Kieran Crowley said there was interest

Ashdown

September looks like a very tough month, not sure about the JPT but we have 3 away league games and we're already players down through internationals and injury. We need to keep up the positive impetus if possible, so a decent signing would come in very handy this week !

FRY-CCFC

Ajose probably will come in on loan next week when the window opens.

In other news, Vukic has joined Wigan on loan after signing a new Newcastle deal.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Ajose probably will come in on loan next week when the window opens.

In other news, Vukic has joined Wigan on loan after signing a new Newcastle deal.

Could had him for Sundays match and almost 2 weeks of training with the team, underwhelming day.

Otis

Nothing worth moaning over though?

Tudgay comes in and we have Lateef from the bench.

Not so sure. Guess we might have to, but TM has clearly said he's one for the future perhaps and he'll be with the Under 21's.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Not so sure. Guess we might have to, but TM has clearly said he's one for the future perhaps and he'll be with the Under 21's.

Don't think he means one for the future, probably more that he isn't at the required fitness level for league 1 at the moment.

Otis

Don't think he means one for the future, probably more that he isn't at the required fitness level for league 1 at the moment.

Sorry, should have re-phrased that. By future I meant weeks rather than now.

Hobo

Could had him for Sundays match and almost 2 weeks of training with the team, underwhelming day.

Perhaps the club wanted that too but it just didn't happen? A loan deal could still be struck though. He was Hockaday's only signing for Leeds.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Perhaps the club wanted that too but it just didn't happen? A loan deal could still be struck though. He was Hockaday's only signing for Leeds.

Loan window doesn't open till 9th September, lets say he comes in next Friday on the 11th. Just wasted almost two weeks for no reason and then going to take another 2 or 3 weeks to integrate him into the squad.

I'm all for taking time to make sure you get it right but if Mowbray definitely knows he wants him get it done sooner rather than later. I have no idea why clubs leave it so late anyway.

armybike

From Cov Telegraph -

"'Two players in the next week'

Mowbray has lined up a free agent and loan player, both of whom are understood to be attacking players, saying: “I’m pretty confident we’ll sign another two players in the next week or so, maybe one in the next few days and another in eight or nine days time.”"

coop

As crowd's are on the up and the football is getting better I would of thought sisu would of given TM a bit more backing we are very short on numbers still. A little bit more investment could see the team really push hence even bigger numbers coming through the turnstiles.

Tonylinc

As crowd's are on the up and the football is getting better I would of thought sisu would of given TM a bit more backing we are very short on numbers still. A little bit more investment could see the team really push hence even bigger numbers coming through the turnstiles.
For such an apparently successful outfit I find it very strange that they seem completely incapable of seeing just how much money they could make with the minimum amount of investment!

NorthernWisdom

For such an apparently successful outfit I find it very strange that they seem completely incapable of seeing just how much money they could make with the minimum amount of investment!

Given they invested a (relative) fortune when they came in and lost it all, I think they've seen what money they can make or otherwise with a football club!

skybluedan

Your forgetting though mate. There cunts

Ashdown

Don't be silly, they're still a load of disinterested C**ts !

D

Deleted member 2477

Sisu have no interest in football. They bought the club thinking they would get their real target cheap, the Ricoh and land.

now thats fell flat on its face they have no intention of spending anything hence Joy saying the club must fund itself. As soon as sisu can off load this club the better and we can try and get an owner who is actually interested in the club

Grendel

Sisu have no interest in football. They bought the club thinking they would get their real target cheap, the Ricoh and land.

now thats fell flat on its face they have no intention of spending anything hence Joy saying the club must fund itself. As soon as sisu can off load this club the better and we can try and get an owner who is actually interested in the club

I'm sure there is a queue of interested parties that stretches from Lands End to John O'Groats

junglej13

This time last year we bought Hines and Nouble. Whilst we had a bit of deadline day excitement both were crap. For me this is now where Mowbray will show his worth by picking up some decent loans from clubs in the Prem and Championship. I think we could see as many as 3-4 players come in over the next few weeks.

Grendel

Just like nobody else would be interested in the Ricoh ah G.

No one was at the price and terms of lease that were apparently a "bargain"'- that "bargain"'being less than what people like you were adamant they should pay for the charity part.

Strange you stopped thinking of the children Tony.

tisza

I'm happy to back Mowbray's judgment. No silly panic buys and maybe some extra money in the kitty to get better quality loan players.

pipkin73

Only 3 home games in, proves nothing regarding long term attendances in SISU eyes (note not an exta s, lol). If the attendances keep on being above the 11,000 budget, then i guess as we are now self sufficient more money will be available in January.
As TM has said, this is a two year project so i guess he knows what he can spend and has either used most of it or is holding out til January. Keep up the above 11,000 attendances then we might just might be able to spend 50 or 60K on another player in January, attendances fall under 11,000 and he might be told that he has less than he thought as supporters are not turning up in the numbers budgeted.

Users who are viewing this thread