Deadline Day (1 Viewer)

CovisGod

Anybody reckon we'll see any activity today ? Mowbray has said he won't be rushed in to making signings and will utilise the loan window, that said he may very well hear of one of his targets become available today, a parent club might tell a player there free to talk to other clubs etc.

Personally I think we might just get a bit of a surprise today, maybe one new face through the door,

what at do we all think ?

rupert_bear

We need at least three one in each department defence, midfield and attack, can't see that happening to be honest, Southend were onto our right hand side all last night, I fear better teams will be more successful.

AFCCOVENTRY

[MENTION=1438]steve[/MENTION]carpo: On top of that it's #transferdeadline day the #SkyBlues have targets they will be pursuing today - expecting plenty of activity later #PUSB

Gint11

I'm not expecting anything today. Maybe later in the week as in loans.

armybike

Encouraging -

Nick

Administrator
If it is deadline day, doesn't that mean buying somebody? If they are frees or loans can't they sign after today still?

skybluepm2

If it is deadline day, doesn't that mean buying somebody? If they are frees or loans can't they sign after today still?

Yeah I'm pretty sure unattached players can sign at any time irrespective of the window being open. The loan window will open in about 2 weeks. Ridiculous really to even close it.

skybluepm2

Encouraging -

Does sound it but I'm not getting my hopes up. They've been saying this for weeks.

Could certainly see Swanson on his way out today, perhaps even Connor Thomas too.

For me it's a goalkeeper and a striker all day long.

AFCCOVENTRY

For me...we need:

Experienced keeper
Another creative midfield player/winger
Tough tackling midfielder
Striker

Astute

It depends what you mean by 'free'

If the player already has a contract then no. If a player doesn't have a contract then yes. More or less the rule doesn't stop a player from earning a wage.

AFCCOVENTRY

Nicholas Olushola "Nicky" Ajose (born 7 October 1991) is a professional footballer who plays as a forward for Leeds United. He began his career with Manchester United, but never made an appearance in the first-team and spent much of the 2010–11 season on loan to Bury. He joined Peterborough United in July 2011, but spent time on loan with Scunthorpe United, Chesterfield, Crawley Town and Swindon Town, as well as another six months with Bury, before joining Leeds in August 2014. He joined Crewe on loan in November 2014.

Ajose played for England at under-16 and under-17 level. Also eligible to play for Nigeria, he was called up to the Nigeria under-20s for the 2009 African Youth Championship.

CovisGod

Agree except the Keeper, I like Burge, I wouldn't put him at fault for last nights goals and he does a lot of stuff right, I think it will be beneficial to have him as number 1 this season, will really help his progression and could be a really good player for us going forward.

we need another attacking option for when Plan A isn't working, I thought Lameiras was poor last night, could do with someone to push him for that position. We looked a lot better when Tudgay came on so I'd go for a bit target man up front to lay off balls for Armstrong

AFCCOVENTRY

@Stuart_Linnell: I've heard that Leeds striker Nicky Ajose could be moving to [MENTION=2910]cov[/MENTION]entry_City, but that is by no means confirmed.

skybluetony176

Because there's more than a good chance we are going to be signing players who are out of contract does the window actually effect us?

Otis

Nicholas Olushola "Nicky" Ajose (born 7 October 1991) is a professional footballer who plays as a forward for Leeds United. He began his career with Manchester United, but never made an appearance in the first-team and spent much of the 2010–11 season on loan to Bury. He joined Peterborough United in July 2011, but spent time on loan with Scunthorpe United, Chesterfield, Crawley Town and Swindon Town, as well as another six months with Bury, before joining Leeds in August 2014. He joined Crewe on loan in November 2014.

Ajose played for England at under-16 and under-17 level. Also eligible to play for Nigeria, he was called up to the Nigeria under-20s for the 2009 African Youth Championship.

Not too bad stats on the whole

YearsTeamApps[SUP]†[/SUP](Gls)[SUP]†[/SUP]
2009–2011Manchester United0(0)
2010–2011Bury (loan)28(13)
2011–2014Peterborough United24(7)
2011Scunthorpe United (loan)7(0)
2012Chesterfield (loan)12(1)
2012Crawley Town (loan)19(2)
2013Bury (loan)19(4)
2013–2014Swindon Town (loan)16(6)
2014–Leeds United3(0)
2014–2015Crewe Alexandra (loan)27(8

155 apps. 41 goals

Last edited:

PVA

I was at the cash point just inside the main ricoh entrance last night and I saw a guy collect some tickets from the VIP/directors guests collection point. He looked like a footballer and looked familiar, I tried to hear his name when he went to collect but couldn’t quite make it out, I just heard the last bit –ays or ayers. As in Hayes, or Sayers, something like that.

5 gold stars to anyone who can work out who it was! Of course it might not even have been a footballer, just a 30 year old bloke in good shape!!

Ashdown

If the lad has pace, knows where the goal is and crucially has a bit of height to head the ball then he could be just the ticket. I seem to remember him doing us some damage for Crewe ?

skybluebeduff

Forgive me if I'm wrong, have we even signed anyone in the last 2 deadline days? Always hope and rumors and a lot of page refresh but aren't we use to by now not getting anyone?

LB87ccfc

Ajose would be a real class signing to compliment what we already have, Him and Armstrong together would certainly frighten the life out of defences in this league, hes strong, extremely quick, and a real eye for goal.

Would be a great acquisition for this league.

LB87ccfc

Update on Ajose From Andy Turner - 'difficult to get over the line'
My friends up north suggest this would be a difficult deal to get over the line given the fact that Ajose has two years left on his contract at Elland Road where he’s understood to be earning three to four times more than the average City player.
The 23-year-old, coincidentally signed by Dave Hockaday, cost Leeds £150,000 from Peterborough and although the club appear ready to offload the forward who clearly doesn’t figure in Uwe Rosler’s plans, the player will be keen for a decent settlement on the remainder of his deal.
That appears a long way off at this stage and one way round it could be to agree a loan deal allowing Ajose out for the season as he did at Crewe last term when he scored eight goals in 27 games.

We was never going to Buy him Andy , always be a loan deal if it happens.

junglej13

I was at the cash point just inside the main ricoh entrance last night and I saw a guy collect some tickets from the VIP/directors guests collection point. He looked like a footballer and looked familiar, I tried to hear his name when he went to collect but couldn’t quite make it out, I just heard the last bit –ays or ayers. As in Hayes, or Sayers, something like that.

5 gold stars to anyone who can work out who it was! Of course it might not even have been a footballer, just a 30 year old bloke in good shape!!

Dave Syers from Scunthorpe?

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Be disappointed if no one comes in.

Unless players are made available on a free before the deadline, they can't be signed after the window I think. So anyone already without a club, or anyone released today can be signed after the closure.

Loan window may as well not close, but for some reason it does.

Would like to see an attacking midfielder to come in, to replace Maddison but to also keep competition high when he returns as it shows we can't adapt our back up players into the form we got our first 11 into early on.

I'd like an experienced keeper, but can't see one being on the wanted list.

AFCCOVENTRY

I would like is to sign a permanent striker as Murphy and Armstrong are on long and can be recalled at anytime.

AFCCOVENTRY

Update on Ajose - 'difficult to get over the line'

My friends up north suggest this would be a difficult deal to get over the line given the fact that Ajose has two years left on his contract at Elland Road where he’s understood to be earning three to four times more than the average City player.

The 23-year-old, coincidentally signed by Dave Hockaday, cost Leeds £150,000 from Peterborough and although the club appear ready to offload the forward who clearly doesn’t figure in Uwe Rosler’s plans, the player will be keen for a decent settlement on the remainder of his deal.

That appears a long way off at this stage and one way round it could be to agree a loan deal allowing Ajose out for the season as he did at Crewe last term when he scored eight goals in 27 games.

sw88

Chief Commentator!

Ryan Haynes brother? :D

Users who are viewing this thread