Deadline day thread (1 Viewer)

SkyBlueCRJ

Was told ages ago Bayliss will end up at Chelsea, can’t see it but it’s a funny

Well counting young Thompson we currently have 4 CBS yet just 3 experienced centre mids one being 37

How does that work? So you include Thompson in our CB main 4, who has only featured in a handful of first team fixtures but then decide to exclude Westbrooke, Shipley, Bayliss from our main midfield 4 - all of which I might add play/can play in the centre and actually have first team experience or similar to that of Thompson.

Gibbo

I think he'll be more important later on down the line than Maddison. Might not have the stats to back it up against him but he's so effective to have in your team. We wouldn't have been promoted hadn't Robin's given him a chance last year.
Except if you look back thro the player ratings there is a common thread that he is clearly talented but does not impact the game enough - which might be partly down to the talent level of those around him. In other words he was not making a decisive contribution to the game.

Magwitch

But we
Hiow does that work? So you include Thompson in our CB main 4, who has only featured in a handful of first team fixtures but then decide to exclude Westbrooke, Shipley, Bayliss from our main midfield 4 - all of which I might add play/can play in the centre and actually have first team experience or similar to that of Thompson.
still have a 37 year old as a main man and I like him, I like Shipley too but, Westbrooke is an unknown quantity,

Mr Panda

Except if you look back thro the player ratings there is a common thread that he is clearly talented but does not impact the game enough - which might be partly down to the talent level of those around him. In other words he was not making a decisive contribution to the game.

I'd have to disagree with those ratings then. The game isn't as black and white as goals and assists, I think the movement he makes and the way he draws players along with him, the way he links up is such an effective component to the way we play. He's doing all of that out of position.

He's 19 and is only going to polish up the sides to his game which the fans notice, e.g goals, assists.

He'll be a blow to the way we've played since the turn of the year and his input will need replacing.

Skyblue_CP

I'd have to disagree with those ratings then. The game isn't as black and white as goals and assists, I think the movement he makes and the way he draws players along with him, the way he links up is such an effective component to the way we play. He's doing all of that out of position.

He's 19 and is only going to polish up the sides to his game which the fans notice, e.g goals, assists.

He'll be a blow to the way we've played since the turn of the year and his input will need replacing.
Agreed, some of his link up play with and to set Andreu onto the Scunthorpe back line was immense. Their left hand side was chasing shadows at times.

CCFC_Charlie

As of now he would be our 4th choice so do not see the issue
The issue is what if Willis isn't fit for Saturday? Leaves us with Davies and Hyam as our only two senior centre backs. 3 senior centre backs isn't enough for a full season, we desperately need to get someone in on loan early next week.

stevefloyd

Apparently there is an extra 2 hour window to get the paperwork in for signings so need to watch this space I guess but if we lose nobody else it certainly has been a good window for us

Skyblue_CP

Does anyone think it would have been nice to have abit of communication from the club saying they expect it to be quiet atleast! Been on edge waiting for a 10 or a big departure all day!

Nonleagueherewecome

Bayliss staying even though he was probably never going anywhere makes it feel like a success.
Just thinking that. Cue "SISU plant Bayliss stories to reduce fan expectation of signings" conspiracy theory!

shmmeee

Does anyone think it would have been nice to have abit of communication from the club saying they expect it to be quiet atleast! Been on edge waiting for a 10 or a big departure all day!

Maybe we were trying and failed?

Nonleagueherewecome

He's not Englands number 2 or 3 for that matter
True, 4- or 5 maybe? The biggest and saddest impact of foreign players in the Sky Premier League is the deterioration in quality of English GK's. Oggy would have gone to the World Cup this year if he had a time machine and could be 30 again!

GaryJones

th

CCFC_Charlie

So you're saying that no-one should ever be sold unless we have a replacement immediately. Now that would be bizarre!
Why get rid of a player when it's going to make you short in that area and you have multiple games to play before his replacement comes in? Not like we got a bid we couldn't turn down for him

Nick

Administrator
Why get rid of a player when it's going to make you short in that area and you have multiple games to play before his replacement comes in? Not like we got a bid we couldn't turn down for him
You are scraping the barrel for a moan

We got money for a player who wanted out who was effectivity 4th or 5th choice.

Users who are viewing this thread