Deadline day thread (1 Viewer)

Esoterica

Burge maybe going out.
With a model?
For a walk with his dog.
3113_900.png

Captain Dart

superskyblue

Jones? What you on about, he won’t be going anywhere?
Given that rumours were circling during his run of form last year that other clubs were looking at him (Leeds I think), I'll be pleased if he's still a Coventry player tomorrow. I'm on about nothing more or less than that.

If you'd asked us all 9 months ago whether we thought Jones would still be a Coventry player in September 2018 I bet not many would've predicted he would be.

Nick

Administrator
Given that rumours were circling during his run of form last year that other clubs were looking at him (Leeds I think), I'll be pleased if he's still a Coventry player tomorrow. I'm on about nothing more or less than that.

If you'd asked us all 9 months ago whether we thought Jones would still be a Coventry player in September 2018 I bet not many would've predicted he would be.

Jones who is still out from a serious knee injury?

9 months ago he was injured so people wouldn't have been so sure on him going.

Tommo72

Ivan Toney signs for Peterborough, a club showing real intent for promotion. Good signing this, wouldn’t have been a bad option?

superskyblue

Jones who is still out from a serious knee injury?

9 months ago he was injured so people wouldn't have been so sure on him going.

If you're going to be a pedant then I'll raise the stakes on that. No he wasn't. The Stevenage game was on the 21st November. Not 9 months ago chap.

I was never saying there were likely to be bids for him. I was simply saying I'll be pleased he's still a Coventry player. Same for Bayliss.

Alkhen

I get its pleasing that he is still here but its hardly surprising that he still is, we lost him for most of last season. he is still injured nobody would risk him now. Your comment make it sound like he ripped the league apart for a full season and chose to stay here thorugh loyalty! aint gonna happen. if he does regain form and teams in the leagues above do come in for him again he will be off. its the nature of football

Nick

Administrator
If you're going to be a pedant then I'll raise the stakes on that. No he wasn't. The Stevenage game was on the 21st November. Not 9 months ago chap.

I was never saying there were likely to be bids for him. I was simply saying I'll be pleased he's still a Coventry player. Same for Bayliss.

If they werent going to be bids for him then how wouldnt he be a CCFC player?

Maybe without is injury he would have gone, with it theres not really much chance of it in this window.

Hobo

I don't know for sure but isn't he still on his first pro contract? Not so sure he'd have a release clause. I just feel he'll thrive in our system this season and be impossible to replace in this window.

I too think he will thrive in our system and the move up a League with us will do him good. I certainly hope he stays with us.

Liquid Gold

I don’t think we’ll see too much activity today. The loan window should close today too so there’s no opportunity to piss about.

Astute

A fair few are also hoping we're getting someone in to replace Bakayoko as well.
I'm one of those. How am I supposed to pronounce his name when I am pissed?

Liquid Gold

Is anything happening with a centre back. Rumours of Larsen earlier in the week but seems to have gone quiet now.

Esoterica

Is anything happening with a centre back. Rumours of Larsen earlier in the week but seems to have gone quiet now.
If we've ditched the 3-5-2 idea, I wouldn't be bothered if we didn't. Willis, Davies, Hyam, Thompson and Grimmer as back up is adequate cover.

CCFC_Charlie

If we've ditched the 3-5-2 idea, I wouldn't be bothered if we didn't. Willis, Davies, Hyam, Thompson and Grimmer as back up is adequate cover.
Is it? Thompson is a kid and Willis has a horrendous injury record. If we end up having to play more than 5 league game with Hyam and Davies as our centre back partnership this season I'd be very concerned, while they were both decent last year I worry about them making the step up. Both have very little experience at this level.

Astute

Just call him bukake. It's easy to remember, well for for you at least anyway.
Still no help.

Boo cake
Bew cack ee
Boo cack ee

Bet I am still miles away.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Honest & genuine question, other thank Kyle Walker (one of the best right backs in world football) doing so during the summer, what else makes people think that Grimmer can play centre back? I really like Grimmer, more for his attacking abilities and willingness to run then to defend. He got absolutely torn apart against Derby, absolutely nothing about him convinces me he can play centre back. I may have missed something but has he played there for us before?

Skybluefaz

Honest & genuine question, other thank Kyle Walker (one of the best right backs in world football) doing so during the summer, what else makes people think that Grimmer can play centre back? I really like Grimmer, more for his attacking abilities and willingness to run then to defend. He got absolutely torn apart against Derby, absolutely nothing about him convinces me he can play centre back. I may have missed something but has he played there for us before?
Think he played there against Shrewsbury in the checkatrade last season. Possibly captained us that day too.

Esoterica

He filled in there a few times last season and looked ok, not a revelation by any means, but enough to be a 5th choice back up. His positional play looked ok and he doesn't get skinned down the outside like he does at RB. Not suggesting he gets converted to a CB but if him being 5th choice CB frees up money for a better GK for example, I'd take the gamble.

Users who are viewing this thread