Transfer Rumour David Brekalo (2 Viewers)

BlueSkiesForever

I just think buying players with good potential and training them on in the style of Brighton’s model is good for the club no matter what. Never know when Fadz is gonna start getting tired legs and Brekalo would need time to gel into the squad anyway. The more players we have the better surely? It gives us options if we ever need them, and I can’t imagine Brekalo would decrease in price over the time we would have him?
Plus Doug hasn’t actually had to put his hand in his pocket for any of these transfers yet, all paid for by Gyokeres and Hamer (whether it be via instalments or not I don’t know but King has still not had to shell out millions and millions this transfer window yet).
We’re a proper solid club with a great fanbase, there’s a great atmosphere around us atm, I think we should be aiming big, we’re more interesting, forward thinking and just generally better than the likes of Sunderland, Boro, Millwall etc, let’s get them big signings in!!

CCFC88

A left footer will naturally open the pitch up more and be able to bring the ball out confidently in the left channel. It gives the team so much more balance.

It's also probably more natural when defending crosses in that left channel.
Absolutely, saw a graphic of Binks' passing from last season and he loves playing cross field balls to high RWB, clear that we see him linking with MVE as an important strategy to starting attacks in the future.

I think Lets has started the season as he's experienced and we had a tough start, once Binks is up to speed and we get a nice run of fixtures he'll be in. Lats can be used to cover multiple positions

edgy

Absolutely, saw a graphic of Binks' passing from last season and he loves playing cross field balls to high RWB, clear that we see him linking with MVE as an important strategy to starting attacks in the future.

I think Lets has started the season as he's experienced and we had a tough start, once Binks is up to speed and we get a nice run of fixtures he'll be in. Lats can be used to cover multiple positions

Binks is a loan remember. I don't think he's here for anything else but cover.

CCFC88

Binks is a loan remember. I don't think he's here for anything else but cover.
I think he could be in the ilk of Gyok and Sheaf where it was loan with a view to buy, seems like he wants to return to playing in England

shmmeee

He played a blinder over to MVE at the Wimbledon game

That’s the one game I haven’t watched. But if he can then we should get him in, the one thing I think we’re missing is someone from the back who can play accurate long balls.

BlueSkiesForever

Tell that to Chelsea last season...
Yeah that’s true tbf, and this season so far tbh, what is it up to now? Like £5.3 trillion or something mad? 😂 I think Chelsea have just taken it too far and have paid over the odds massively, I think paying £5 million for a player that could be worth a fair bit more if his progress continues is worth the risk. Spreading the risk and paying low seems to have worked for Brighton, like Caicedo, £4.5 mil purchase, over £100 mil profit, risking sub-£3 mil or £5 mil these days is very low risk tbf and could have massive upside. Plus it just gives us options if we ever need it, I really think Brekalo would be a great signing for us.

shmmeee

It’s my issue with the Wright singing TBH and why I expect a lot from him. Cleary MvE and Simms are next level youth gambles to an extent. Both very high ceilings and could be worth eight figures later. Sakamoto is a nice cheap gamble. A step up from the Kastaneers. Thomas is a Sheaf/Vik type signing and again could be worth a chunk or just be a mainstay in the side. Wright is the only signing that stands out as a real gamble to me. Not huge amounts of time to improve, big money in one basket.

Greggs

It’s my issue with the Wright singing TBH and why I expect a lot from him. Cleary MvE and Simms are next level youth gambles to an extent. Both very high ceilings and could be worth eight figures later. Sakamoto is a nice cheap gamble. A step up from the Kastaneers. Thomas is a Sheaf/Vik type signing and again could be worth a chunk or just be a mainstay in the side. Wright is the only signing that stands out as a real gamble to me. Not huge amounts of time to improve, big money in one basket.
Ceiling wanker

Mucca Mad Boys

He’s 25 so 2-3 years until he hit his prime…

Soltvedt->Normann

We might have a Viking lurker! Welcome Knut…

Translation/explanation:
(Date by date Brekalo countdown until the transfer window shuts for the Norwegian transfer window 31/8).
1 week to go.
FC Midtjylland seem totally out of the picture.
Coventry fans are wondering what to do with six central defenders.
The most important computer key of the day: F5.
(...)
A nightmare countdown.
Will it be a battle for the league title or just a decent league finish?
Instant cash or immortality?

NorthernWisdom

I don’t really get why there’s so much speculation about him leaving - he’s a solid, versatile player who has been a consistent performer for quite a while now. Replacing him wouldn’t be easy or cheap.

Broken record, but it wouldn't be that shocking for Bidwell to go. He was set to go in January if Da Silva had come in then, came to us because he wasn't getting regular football at Swansea, and has shown himself more than capable to be a starting wing back for a decent Championship team so won't be happy sitting on the bench.

If he goes, we either accept we're mixing and matching in defence, or we're looking for a LWB to come in - maybe a younger one to develop, although didn't go overly well with Reid!

SBT

Is there any indication he’s unhappy with his current playing time? I imagine he’s going to see plenty of minutes as things stand.

We are clearly in a different financial position now compared to January, so unless he’s agitating to leave then I don’t see why there’s any pressure to let him go.

Terry_dactyl

Is there any indication he’s unhappy with his current playing time? I imagine he’s going to see plenty of minutes as things stand.

We are clearly in a different financial position now compared to January, so unless he’s agitating to leave then I don’t see why there’s any pressure to let him go.
He’ll be on a decent wage, he was rumoured to be leaving before - when he was a regular starter, he’s now not playing as much, other teams are likely to be interested, he’s 30+.

We’ve got more money but that doesn’t mean we’ll keep everyone.
Having said that, I imagine we’ll wait until we’ve signed decent LWB cover eg the lad from Barnsley,

shmmeee

I don’t really get why there’s so much speculation about him leaving - he’s a solid, versatile player who has been a consistent performer for quite a while now. Replacing him wouldn’t be easy or cheap.

Because he nearly went in Jan.

Not really, I'd find that depressing...I'm hoping the gap between bottom six of prem and top six of champ isn't that wide.
if we got up by playoffs in next few years, some might expect us to do as bad.

We’ve got a better team now than Luton let alone with Vik, Hamer and Prem money 😂

Users who are viewing this thread