David Bell (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Pete

I know. Sorry, should have made that clear.

Understood what you were saying.

The state this club is in and the little amount of money available, simply means we cannot afford to keep players on the treatment table for month after month after month.

Unless things improve, the same label is going to get tagged on Conor Thomas too soon.

He needs to come in and stay injury free.

Hasn't he been given a ''pardew' contract? Can't get rid of him for a decade! Testimonial with 10 years and 100 games to his record!

kg82

Wasn't Thomas's injury an impact one though? To do with deegan? Fair enough with muscular and tendons etc, but impact injuries are a little unlucky.

WillieStanley

Wasn't Thomas's injury an impact one though? To do with deegan? Fair enough with muscular and tendons etc, but impact injuries are a little unlucky.

Yeah it was, and it was very unlucky!! Nice little leaving present for us!!

kg82

Maybe, but he's very young. Steven Gerrard had a problem with injuries when he was a bit younger. I hope its a youngster thing, anyway. I rate him!

Joy Division

I agree with you, though you seem to be disagreeing with yourself.

Really not quite sure what your point is. What I'm trying to say is, focussing on the present and the way we are heading lets give our players a chance eh?

Otis

Conor Thomas? Injury prone waste of space, get rid of him.

Really? You think so.

Think we need to give him a chance.

When he gets to having been here 4 years though and hardly played, then i would be looking him very seriously as to whether he was a liability or not.

I would definitely give Conor Thomas time myself. You of course are welcome to think differently.

Joy Division

Without reading the thread.

For me, Bell is a talented 'nearly' player. This is his last chance. I believe he can come good in league 1.
But he has taken the piss for years. If he doesn't pull his finger out this year it's time to accept, us and him, that it's time to move on.

I agree, he is a talented nearly player and he has the ability to do well in this league.

But back to my earlier point, I just dont understand supporters knocking him for being injured. As if he intentionally injured himself, he's probably doing all he can to get back playing again and I'm sure he's not exactly enjoying being injured.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Joy Division

Really? You think so.

Think we need to give him a chance.

When he gets to having been here 4 years though and hardly played, then i would be looking him very seriously as to whether he was a liability or not.

I would definitely give Conor Thomas time myself. You of course are welcome to think differently.

He's a passenger, we can't afford passengers at this level.

shmmeee

Conor Thomas? Injury prone waste of space, get rid of him.

He's been injured twice, once muscle pull and once from a stupid tackle in training. Hardly injury prone. He's also broken into a Chpionship team at 17 and gone on loan to a top half Prem clubs academy.

He's 19. I think we can afford him some time...

Otis

Yep. 19 and not been playing first team football here for 4 years.

Big, big difference. People may just want to ignore what i said though. What I actually was saying was in talking about if in the future Thomas continues to keep getting injured again and again over a long period of time.

wingy

Yep. 19 and not been playing first team football here for 4 years.

Big, big difference. People may just want to ignore what i said though. What I actually was saying was in talking about if in the future Thomas continues to keep getting injured again and again over a long period of time.

You'd probably expect a defensive/Combative midfielder to pick up a few injuries though,whereas Mr Bell appears to be made of Glass.

wingy

Very Strong in Compression but not so good in Tension,Can Also Crack easily when things get too hot.:whistle:;)

hill83

Very Strong in Compression but not so good in Tension,Can Also Crack easily when things get too hot.:whistle:;)

You need to stop knocking my door. I'm fully double glazed front and back with a conservatory. And I'm happy without a porch.

Astute

We used to have a keeper with a glass back. We sold him for a lot of money.

Bit of a shame for Kirkland, but some players just seem to get injured too easy. We did well selling him. We are not big enough to carry injured players in hope they do well whilst injury free.

Joy Division

Kirkland wasn't injury prone when we sold him. Bell being injured isn't going to attract any clubs trying to sign him, so really its in the best interest of our club to get him back fit playing again (which he is close to doing), maybe he'll do well and contribute to a good season for City. Or he proves his fitness and can find another club.

Either that or he is an injury prone waste of space who should be shot according to some dim wits.

covross

"coventry city's david bell has injured his finger whilst typing on twitter. he has therefore been ruled out the game he was tweeting about"

CJparker

FFS 10 pages on one of the most inept City players ever....

Johnnythespider

a bit like this
Can anybody remember what he looks like:claping hands::claping hands:

pd2028388.jpg

Joy Division

[video=youtube;iWdRWD8uwaA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWdRWD8uwaA[/video]

lordsummerisle

Joy Division.jpg

Joy Division is a fictional character in the Coventry City Supporters Messageboard SkyBluesTalkhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viz_(comics) who is portrayed as being humourless, friendless and emotionless. He takes everything said to him totally literally and is entirely unaware of what is intended when a metaphorical statement is made. He also is unable to understand puns, for example he reads a joke from a Christmas cracker which says 'what is the difference between a buffalo and a bison? (you can't wash your hands in a buffalo)', to which he replies 'you can't wash your hands in a bison either'. His only purpose in life is to correct people in their grammar, knowledge or intention when they speak, often resulting in a violent reaction.

Users who are viewing this thread