Dave Boddy - Time To Go? (1 Viewer)

Hobo

It matters not who is to blame. Responsibility is shared in degrees by multiple parties.

What is required now is a solution. It seems Wasps just want to get the pitch safe and risk it being a season long problem for both clubs where the can keeps getting kicked down the road.

CCFC want the pitch relayed with some shared cost (split not mentioned, just we offered to contriibute). This would cause short term disruption, especially to us, but a longer term solution for both clubs.

Problem is both organisations are as slippery and devious as each other. SISU have the worse public image and people default to it will be their fault. But I think people are gradually realising Wasps are equally as bad.

Grendel

It matters not who is to blame. Responsibility is shared in degrees by multiple parties.

What is required now is a solution. It seems Wasps just want to get the pitch safe and risk it being a season long problem for both clubs where the can keeps getting kicked down the road.

CCFC want the pitch relayed with some shared cost (split not mentioned, just we offered to contriibute). This would cause short term disruption, especially to us, but a longer term solution for both clubs.

Problem is both organisations are as slippery and devious as each other. SISU have the worse public image and people default to it will be their fault. But I think people are gradually realising Wasps are equally as bad.

Exavtly two hungry vultures — never a great scenario to be near

Hobo

Who on earth says what wasps say is gospel.

Grendel, he probably hasn't read the Wasps forum where all your posts blame them.

He has probably just read this forum where you just blame Boddy and SISU.

Top tip everyone if you want a balanced view from Grendel you have to read two forums. He uses a different name but easy to spot by the monopoly he has on their board and you will recognise his style and tone. They often reply to him as Grendel if you are struggling.

Grendel

Grendel, he probably hasn't read the Wasps forum where all your posts blame them.

He has probably just read this forum where you just blame Boddy and SISU.

Top tip everyone if you want a balanced view from Grendel you have to read two forums. He uses a different name but easy to spot by the monopoly he has on their board and you will recognise his style and tone. They often reply to him as Grendel if you are struggling.

I’ve said consistently both a hedge fund vultures

Eastwood and fisher are cut from the same smarm school cloth of duplicity and Boddy and Vaughan are dumb and dumber

hutch1972

Fair comment, but what does make safe mean regarding 2 different sports. What a rugby official deems as playable would not necessarily be safe for the EFL. A new pitch is the only answer here, but as we know the money is not there.

Senior Vick from Alicante

The interview is available here, starts at 7.30.

So an agronomist has said there is no root structure basically so the pitch wont hold together, A new pitch is £450,000 lay and play as Spurs have just put down, we have offered to pay towards the costs and they have refused. I don't think the egg chasers are going to have a) Have a legal leg to stand on If they did commit to a new playing surface b) The obvious lack of funds means they are probably in more financial strife than we had hoped for c) They hardly have any concern for their own player welfare if they expect them to play on a pitch deemed unfit.

Seems they are playing for time for either a cash injection or getting there ducks in a row for a pre pack possibly.

Grendel

Fair comment, but what does make safe mean regarding 2 different sports. What a rugby official deems as playable would not necessarily be safe for the EFL. A new pitch is the only answer here, but as we know the money is not there.

Also people want wasps bought down - if a receiver is bought in this month what happens with the repairs then

Hobo

I’ve said consistently both a hedge fund vultures

Eastwood and fisher are cut from the same smarm school cloth of duplicity and Boddy and Vaughan are dumb and dumber

The big worry for me is both sides have resorted to public statement ping pong - blaming the other party. Rather than finding the solution and actioning it behind closed doors; which you would expect from two professional companies.

stupot07

The big worry for me is both sides have resorted to public statement ping pong - blaming the other party. Rather than finding the solution and actioning it behind closed doors; which you would expect from two professional companies.
I guess from the clubs perspective they have no choice but to release public statements given the disruption and the need to keep fans updated.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

hutch1972

Hard to think of any person/business that would go anywhere near them atm with a cash injection. Old ground I know,but the entire project was doomed to failure from day 1.
Imagine a bailout from the public purse.

Hobo

I agree. I was just pointing out the difference stance of both sides. I dont even think the Wasps wingers and centres would want to play on it at the minute. In rugby forwards tend to prefer grass and the backs artificial surfaces (a generalisation I know but a common split).

hutch1972

I agree. I was just pointing out the difference stance of both sides. I dont even think the Wasps wingers and centres would want to play on it at the minute. In rugby forwards tend to prefer grass and the backs artificial surfaces (a generalisation I know but a common split).
Yes, both sports would be risking serious injuries on sub standard pitches.

Sky Blue Pete

I would just like to know who was actually responsible for checking that our playing facilities were going to be all tickety boo and at what point did they suspect that we were going to face early season disaster ?!
I think you’ve been told. Understandably some can’t believe it’s true.

1ccfc

The fault lies mainly with the CWG
They couldn't give a monkey's how they left the pitch
All they cared about was getting their event on
I don't think you can really blame the CWG. They needed a venue and agreed a deal to use the stadium. Why should they care about the state of the pitch after they've used it? Unless there was an agreement to restore the pitch to pre games use, then it isn't thier problem. The blame is with Wasps, who are our landlord. It's up to them to provide us with a usable facility. I wouldn't be surprised if the people at the top of CCFC were actually happy with the situation, and will use this as an opportunity to distress an already struggling company, Wasps. But let's be under no illusion, if Sisu think there is any chance of getting the stadium, it will be for the benefit of thier portfolio and the investors they represent.

Dickie

The club aren’t blameless. If there was an agreement to relay a new pitch in the Summer, why has it got to this point?

Surely in the summer as the months passed by no one from the club questioned when it would be done?

It’s a bit like the kids with their homework. They say they’ll do it but you don’t check and aren’t exactly surprised when they don’t…

Grendel

I think you’ve been told. Understandably some can’t believe it’s true.

Well actually someone in the football club has accountability for delivery even if it’s a third party provider - whose that

D

Deleted member 2477

I think the Wasps Posters have finally come out of their nest
How the fck can some blame Body for this ?
If you rent a house and the landlord wont let you in until the day and you find it had no kitchen or bathroom despite it being advertised as such they would blame the person renting it.
Complete utter nonsense based on their hatred of our owners and love of wasps

Hobo

I don't think you can really blame the CWG. They needed a venue and agreed a deal to use the stadium. Why should they care about the state of the pitch after they've used it? Unless there was an agreement to restore the pitch to pre games use, then it isn't thier problem. The blame is with Wasps, who are our landlord. It's up to them to provide us with a usable facility. I wouldn't be surprised if the people at the top of CCFC were actually happy with the situation, and will use this as an opportunity to distress an already struggling company, Wasps. But let's be under no illusion, if Sisu think there is any chance of getting the stadium, it will be for the benefit of thier portfolio and the investors they represent.

The responsibility for the pitch is clearly with Wasps. However, where I think CCFC and the EFL have some responsibility is giving them a realistic time frame to do so after the CWG.

The thing that has probably caught everyone out when decisions were made; no party allowed for us haviing such hot weather and a drought.

That has clearly contributed to the condition of the pitch and hampered the repairs within the timeframe of the other events.

Regarding people at the top happy with situation and distressing Wasps. It would appear the business being financially distressed the most by this situation is actually CCFC.

hutch1972

Shame that Villa Park told the CWG where to put the 7s when they were offered it.

D

Deleted member 2477

Hard to think of any person/business that would go anywhere near them atm with a cash injection. Old ground I know,but the entire project was doomed to failure from day 1.
Imagine a bailout from the public purse.
Munton is just writing the cheque out now

SlowerThanPlatt

Not here to bash Dave Boddy but unfortunately for him he is c.e.o. and he has to carry the can. It was known the arena was in the hands of CGW and must of known there were to be 60+ rugby games to be played when they were, I’m a forgiving person but should he be sacked ? not sure,

He’ll only be “sacked” when he goes against his superiors word

Gint11

How the fck can some blame Body for this ?
If you rent a house and the landlord wont let you in until the day and you find it had no kitchen or bathroom despite it being advertised as such they would blame the person renting it.
Complete utter nonsense based on their hatred of our owners and love of wasps

Blame sits with Wasps as owners of the stadium and pitch but come on, both sides can be criticized.

The management and communication is wank. We should have at least been on top of this in advance to prevent this happening. I get some things can’t be seen but come on, 64 rugby matches on the pitch 2 weeks prior to a home game, come on.

Boddy said a new pitch was agreed. Why didn’t we push Wasps to get it done, get a date booked in and get it sorted and not turn up the the CBS and be surprised it’s not done.

Shambles the lot of it.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Well if two sports are played on it then safe is having the governing bodies of both those sports deem it safe. If one does but not the other it's still not safe for all its users.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

It's a bit shit considering they're always talking about 'legacy' and encouraging people to do sports if you're quite happy to leave the facilities you've used unfit for others then you're shooting yourself in the foot.

It should have been a given in the contract that the CWG would be responsible for paying to return the pitch to the same state it was in prior to the games (which from the sounds of it would still have been pretty poor). Chances are though that it would have been considered as part of the costs charged to them for use of the stadium, for which Wasps have to take the blame.

Last edited:

Colin Steins Smile

There is a potential litigation situation for Wasps developing if a rugby player gets injured due to the pitch, in addition to CCFC.
Wasps will have to undertake a survey and risk assessment prior to their matches now and guarantee that it’s safe.
That’s not going to be straightforward given that an independent agronomist has deemed it unsafe for officials.
I’d laugh if rugby was cancelled

PVA

Blame sits with Wasps as owners of the stadium and pitch but come on, both sides can be criticized.

The management and communication is wank. We should have at least been on top of this in advance to prevent this happening. I get some things can’t be seen but come on, 64 rugby matches on the pitch 2 weeks prior to a home game, come on.

Boddy said a new pitch was agreed. Why didn’t we push Wasps to get it done, get a date booked in and get it sorted and not turn up the the CBS and be surprised it’s not done.

Shambles the lot of it.

Of course both sides can be criticised. But one side ckearly deserves a lot more criticism than the other.

How do you know the club wasn't pushing for the new pitch?

The fact they've offered to contribute costs (when they shouldn't have to) shows they obviously want it done.

64 rugby matches on its own wasn't the problem. Playing 64 matches on an already shit pitch was the problem.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

It's all going to end up in court isn't it.

letsallsingtogether

So if Boddy went, and it took the club a month or several months to recruit a replacement, are we happy for Fisher to then step in and take over.

Careful what you wish for.
Yes

Grendel

If we really did turn down a bid for hamer and turned down a higher bid for Hyam as well as SBB doom prediction more sales are needed - along with the corporate botch up - I was wrong all along - he’s doing a great job

Users who are viewing this thread