Dave Boddy - Time To Go? (1 Viewer)

Gint11

The club aren’t blameless. If there was an agreement to relay a new pitch in the Summer, why has it got to this point?

Surely in the summer as the months passed by no one from the club questioned when it would be done?

Speedie's Head

The club aren’t blameless. If there was an agreement to relay a new pitch in the Summer, why has it got to this point?

Surely in the summer as the months passed by no one from the club questioned when it would be done?

I don't think there was ever an agreement. The Boddy statement from March needs an answer in itself but why the catastrophe just now?

slyblue57

So we ask, dont think we will bother now say London Wasps, what we gunna do ?
Its London Wasps lies not City fault.
Cmon tell me what we could do ?
Its not our ground its a pitch we ve paid to play on !

Speedie's Head

So we ask, dont think we will bother now say London Wasps, what we gunna do ?
Its London Wasps lies not City fault.
Cmon tell me what we could do ?
Its not our ground its a pitch we ve paid to play on !

Who at the club at management level liaises with Wasps week to week to ensure the pitch is adequate? We can't just blame Wasps for being broke.

Sky Blue Pete

Clarity needs to be sort, if ever there will be, before blaming Boddy. He has been instrumental in changing the fans / club relationship since coming in.
Think that’s fair.
He has just said though without a relaid pitch we can’t play
That means what!!!!???
New pitch takes 2 months???
efl can’t let us not play our home games till after the world cup
How can an another stadium accommodate us?
This has absolutely disaster written all over it

Speedie's Head

Clarity needs to be sort, if ever there will be, before blaming Boddy. He has been instrumental in changing the fans / club relationship since coming in.

Boddy seems to be out of his depth (but he may have his hands tied, admittedly). I think we need a formal statement from the club about its management structure and its fitness for purpose. I speak as somebody who has sat on the governing body of an instuition turning over close to 1bn a year.

Last edited:

Sky Blue Pete

shut up you watermelon
Have you done anything to try and resolve things? Have you spoken to any of those involved to offer to help? I actually feel huge sympathy for ccfc and boddy over this situation but if the pitch is not going to be relaid and we can’t play on it safely without one being relaid you don’t play short termism you come up with a plan

Could efl lend us the money to refit a pitch? Could building society be asked to find it and be repaid by both organisations over a few years?
Let that sink in

A new pitch cannot be funded
We cannot play at cbs without one?
What’s the plan

chiefdave

Don't think that's the key issue really. Sure it needed replacing, but its a big leap from Wasps saying there's not a gap in the events schedule to relay the pitch to Wasps not doing basic maintenance and it being dangerous to play on for an extended amount of time.
I don't think there was ever an agreement. The Boddy statement from March needs an answer in itself but why the catastrophe just now?
Its on the record from Vaughan.
So there’s two things we’re going to be doing, firstly we’re going to be investing heavily in the maintenance of the pitch.

“It doesn’t matter how good your pitch is, you could be playing at Twickenham, but if you play at Twickenham every week, and you train on it, you’ve got no chance.

“We’re going to be investing in doubling up our lights. We’re going to be doubling up on the amount of staff on there as well.

“And after the first season of Coventry City being here and the Commonwealth Games, we’re going to be laying an entirely brand-new pitch again.

“So we’re spending a lot of money to get the pitch right.”

chiefdave

Even if you think its 100% Boddy's fault is getting rid of him now going to help? It won't be a quick recruitment process for a position like that unless you want a Ken Dulieu situation. So if he goes we're looking at months before there's a replacement, which means Fisher takes over in the interim, or potentially permanently.

Be careful what you wish for.

Sick Boy

Even if you think its 100% Boddy's fault is getting rid of him now going to help? It won't be a quick recruitment process for a position like that unless you want a Ken Dulieu situation. So if he goes we're looking at months before there's a replacement, which means Fisher takes over in the interim, or potentially permanently.

Is there much difference between either of them? They're both just a mouthpiece for SISU.

usskyblue

JesusH. There isn’t half some bollox being spouted today.

How’s Boddy being sacked going to get us a new pitch? As long as Wasps are the landlords, we’re going to be in this mess. Nobody’s saying SISU are saints… it’s just some people have a fucking problem admitting this one’s not on them.

Finham

Robins interview was interesting. "It's not my fault. They need to sort it out, there's been too much procrastinating going on". One assumes that he means WASPS but interesting that he wasn't at all specific, indicating he's just had enough of it now full stop, quite rightly.

Speedie's Head

It isn't the point - I don't care who they put in charge I want the thing to be competent. Is there another club in the league that can't play at bl**dy home - let's get a grip. Where I come from somebody accepts responsibility and falls on their sword when they eff up.

Grendel

Can it be any worse

I’m actually almost lost for words

Gint11

Ultimately I think the onus is on Wasps as owners but this whole dabacle shows a distinct lack of communication between the two parties.

Grendel

Robins interview was interesting. "It's not my fault. They need to sort it out, there's been too much procrastinating going on". One assumes that he means WASPS but interesting that he wasn't at all specific, indicating he's just had enough of it now full stop, quite rightly.

I think he’s much of a fan of Big Dave any more

Sky Blue Pete

While it’s clearly not a problem of our making, a competent front office would have anticipated a potential issue with the pitch and come up with a contingency plan. Instead we’re scrabbling for a solution game-by-game and making it up as we go.
Yeah hugely frustrating.

Grendel

Sky Blue Pete

Not sorted a pitch for us to play on despite knowing it was ruined, tried their best to sell O’hare only injury prevented it, didn’t sell Hamer, signed 2 children from the premier league, took Bristol City’s problem player reject and paid off his contract?
Think with the greatest of respect only the first point has any merit!! And apart from their being no plan it really has been done to us. I take grendels point about this is what happens when you don’t own your own stadium / ground but we had a 10 year agreement and it appears wasps have reneged on their responsibilities relating to the pitch. I now need ccfc sisu Dave joy to come up with a plan as we all do and the longer it goes on as sba says just delays the inevitable

Users who are viewing this thread