Dave Boddy - Time To Go? (1 Viewer)

Moff

What difference would it make?

Really?

Yes let’s forget Fishers track record of fuck ups and hatred that he embedded in the fans so we can make Boddy out to be at the same level based on some speculation of what he did or didn’t know about the pitch.

Sick Boy

Really?

Yes let’s forget Fishers track record of fuck ups and hatred that he embedded in the fans so we can make Boddy out to be at the same level based on some speculation of what he did or didn’t know about the pitch.
Both are just mouthpieces for SISU - if Fisher was in Boddy’s position they’d be anger directed at him - it’s just the usual double standards.

Moff

Both are just mouthpieces for SISU - if Fisher was in Boddy’s position they’d be anger directed at him - it’s just the usual double standards.

Double standards of what?

Get rid of Boddy, great, Sisu still own us, pitch is still shit.

It’s like people just push agendas on here to point score, it doesn’t change the situation we are in and none of these people have the answer.

clint van damme

He winds me up and I'd prefer not to have to listen to him but in terms of resolving the current situation you're right, what difference would it make?

slowpoke

Fisher is chairman, I think our only director ultimately he is responsible for the club, Boddy is an employee. Years ago football clubs at all levels the club officers were the chairman, treasurer & club Secretary any issues such as disciplinary with leagues or F A they attend or used to, had a few in years gone by with BCFA tough crew they could be.

Sick Boy

Double standards of what?

Get rid of Boddy, great, Sisu still own us, pitch is still shit.

It’s like people just push agendas on here to point score, it doesn’t change the situation we are in and none of these people have the answer.
Boddy = good - Fisher = bad
I have zero agenda other than wanting us to have new owners.
The stuff on here and Twitter about Boddy being pivotal to getting us to where we are in the Championship is just nonsense and insulting to Robins and the players.
Any goodwill that has been built upon between fans and owners has all been down to success on the pitch rather than Boddy.

Ashdown

Have you done anything to try and resolve things? Have you spoken to any of those involved to offer to help? I actually feel huge sympathy for ccfc and boddy over this situation but if the pitch is not going to be relaid and we can’t play on it safely without one being relaid you don’t play short termism you come up with a plan

Could efl lend us the money to refit a pitch? Could building society be asked to find it and be repaid by both organisations over a few years?
Let that sink in

A new pitch cannot be funded
We cannot play at cbs without one?
What’s the plan
How come we got to this stage to find out that we couldnt play at home. Why were we not putting this out in the media all summer and being very alarmist about the state of the pitch and lack of action ?
Are you really telling me that 2 days before our first home game Dave had a wander over there and …….oops , we have a problem here. If the litigation begins against Wasps , then it’s quite clear to me that Wasps hadn’t got the cash to fix it and SISU let them walk into the ‘ breach of contract ‘ situation . I will never trust that fucking London hedge fund !

NorthernWisdom

The stuff on here and Twitter about Boddy being pivotal to getting us to where we are in the Championship is just nonsense and insulting to Robins and the players.
Any goodwill that has been built upon between fans and owners has all been down to success on the pitch rather than Boddy.
Never realised you were such a Robins fan ;)

Sky Blue Pete

How come we got to this stage to find out that we couldnt play at home. Why were we not putting this out in the media all summer and being very alarmist about the state of the pitch and lack of action ?
Are you really telling me that 2 days before our first home game Dave had a wander over there and …….oops , we have a problem here. If the litigation begins against Wasps , then it’s quite clear to me that Wasps hadn’t got the cash to fix it and SISU let them walk into the ‘ breach of contract ‘ situation . I will never trust that fucking London hedge fund !
Don’t lnow
Don’t know
Appears so
I am absolutely saying this has come out the blue

Sky Blue Pete

Really?

Yeah it’s chalk and cheese from someone who’s spoken to both. Fisher does get a bad rap though. His professional work is very impressive from a altruistic point of view

hutch1972

Agreed. Need to know the plan though
10 days after the game called off we are now trying to swap the game to be away at Huddersfield next Saturday.
If they are speaking with wasps ccc efl sisu tell us. Are we expecting the pitch to be relayed are we demanding it???
We have offered to help fund it, Wasps do not seem interested, probably due not having a pot to piss in.

Grendel

We have offered to help fund it, Wasps do not seem interested, probably due not having a pot to piss in.

How do we know we’ve offered that?

Reactions: KAB

CDK

Boddy is the man who should take responsibility for any his as he was quick enough to take the credit with the ten year deal.he now needs to get of his arse and kick some in the rugby club with all the tools he has available as I would expect in court they would come down on our side and rightly so.
Have city got the character to do it compensation and a new pitch owing.

Grendel

Part of the interview yesterday. If you believe what Boddy said, that is.
" we have offered to help fund it, but they ( Wasps) are not interested"

I wonder when and how that conversation took place as he’s also said he and Vaughan have rarely spoke of late. I guess it must be one of those strongly worded e mails he sent them. He can share the details I’m sure

Moff

I’m not saying Boddy is good and Fisher is bad.

Fisher is shit end of story, but whilst Boddy still has a shred of a relationship with Wasps, I thought its better for him to try to get this sorted rather than a man who has no relationship.
If not he’s gone and it’s just rinse and repeat.

It’s not you I was referring to about agendas. I think I’ve posted long enough with you to know that, and you like I, and the majority just want Sisu, and Wasps, gone.

Colin Steins Smile

I’m not saying Boddy is good and Fisher is bad.

Fisher is shit end of story, but whilst Boddy still has a shred of a relationship with Wasps, I thought its better for him to try to get this sorted rather than a man who has no relationship.
If not he’s gone and it’s just rinse and repeat.

It’s not you I was referring to about agendas. I think I’ve posted long enough with you to know that, and you like I, and the majority just want Sisu, and Wasps, gone.
My view is that we need some semblance of stability at this time and losing the CEO is not a great idea.

hutch1972

I'm sure neither CCFC or Wasps wanted this scenario to happen, however the problem is the empty coffers of the landlords. I'm no expert, but there was a month between the last concert and the CW games to attempt to make the pitch more durable/resilient but obviously finances dictated otherwise.

Grendel

Interesting that some people are happy to take whatever Wasps say as gospel, yet when Boddy says something it's 'how do we know that's accurate?'

Who on earth says what wasps say is gospel.

Ashdown

I would just like to know who was actually responsible for checking that our playing facilities were going to be all tickety boo and at what point did they suspect that we were going to face early season disaster ?!

Users who are viewing this thread