Damien Collins interview - sisu/acl crucial decision for football league (1 Viewer)

bigfatronssba

Only he & his advisors know what he thinks he may gain from it. On the other side of the argument - he might 100% genuine in his thoughts, feelings & intentions...I really don't know.

The fact is that politicians have been such a let down generally for many years...I shall not expect anything to gain in any way from anything any of them say.

PUSB

As long as he sorts football out I couldn't care less what he gets out of it.

bigfatronssba

Was it just me that found it ironic that he bemoans the sale of a football club to 'people like SISU' whilst simultaneously championing the break up and sale of the NHS to 'people like SISU'.

It's just you. Most of us are capable of agreeing with someone on one issue whilst disagreeing with them on another.

bigfatronssba

Sadly that usually would mean someone or something else of equal importance gets stitched-up in equal & opposite amounts

PUSB

Think your being a bit overcynical there. This mp has never done anything to adversely affect my life so I have no reason to dislike him.

J

Jack Griffin

Think your being a bit overcynical there. This mp has never done anything to adversely affect my life so I have no reason to dislike him.

As far as I can see he has been steadfast in his attempts to reform football, this is no flash in the pan.
Below is test of an email I got from him in reply to one I sent him about the deteriorating situation at City dated... 22/11/2011
Since then he promoted a private members bill upon the subject of reform of football in this country, which got stalled through lack of government support (most PMB go the same way).
http://services.parliament.uk/bills/2013-14/footballgovernance.html

Dear xxxxxxxx

Many thanks for your email.

As you know I have raised my concerns about Coventry City’s ownership with the Government, and also in an article in the Guardian in September.

The Government has proposed that in the future all financial interests in football clubs should be declared, and I would certainly support that. Fans have the right to know who owns or has a stake in their club.

The football authorities have been asked to consider this and give their response by the end of February. If they are not prepared to make this change to their rules then I would certainly support legislation in parliament to make this compulsory.

Kind regards

Damian

Moff

Tim wants to meet him in person to hand hin the legal papers threatening him to not comment, or sisu will sue.

Tim might be on a loser if he tried that, Collins can say what the hell he wants in Parliament, due to Parliamentary privilege, without any recourse from court season ticket holders like SISU.

skyblueinBaku

Yeah, I know. Us fat fingered types should stick to using a proper keyboard. This is the third time I've written this on a mobile device. :facepalm:

torchomatic

That not strictly correct Grendal. ACL are happy to meet and discuss the return of CCFC. They just need £590k and for SISU to drop their pointless litigation that involves ACL. Simple really
They're happy to mwet with orher sports franchises too, aren't they?

Warwickhunt

Was it just me that found it ironic that he bemoans the sale of a football club to 'people like SISU' whilst simultaneously championing the break up and sale of the NHS to 'people like SISU'.
Wont help us! horses Barn Doors & bolted springs to mind

Terry Gibson's perm

Where is the village idiot Labo I am starting to miss him is he in Joy's dungeon with Onye?

Hobo

So they should wait indefinitely on SISU? Who is to say another sports franchise would hinder our return? They may in fact reduce the costs by dividing them. You aren't worried about Northampton/Coventry sharing so why are you hung up about a Ricoh share?

torchomatic

I should imagine so. ACL is a business and if that is a viable route for them then they are obliged to explore. Just ask yourself torch, If it were your business and one of your clients was fucking you about (like SISU) would you explore other ways to stay in business or lie down, think of England and let SISU shaft you?

martcov

Worth remembering next time City are criticised for trying to get a fair rent or good price for ACL eh?

Certainly. Most other businesses try to get a fair price and if they don't get it they move on. They don't try and distress the other business - the seller - and don't spend years in litigation. They move on and buy their goods or services elsewhere. Easy really. By the way it is not "City" - our football club - it is our owners that get criticised and not for wanting a fair deal, but for the way they go about it and for their terrible track record in running "City" so far.

fernandopartridge

Certainly. Most other businesses try to get a fair price and if they don't get it they move on. They don't try and distress the other business - the seller - and don't spend years in litigation. They move on and buy their goods or services elsewhere. Easy really. By the way it is not "City" - our football club - it is our owners that get criticised and not for wanting a fair deal, but for the way they go about it and for their terrible track record in running "City" so far.
What about refusing to negotiate rent with your destitute tenant?

fernandopartridge

No-one criticises Sisu (or City) for trying to get a good price, they criticise them for their tactics.
They're only using the tactics they play by in the normal line of work. It might not be palatable to some but that's what we signed up to when they were welcomed with open arms in 2007.

Gosford Green

So a high court judge has passed incorrect judgement on the Coventry City situation and a non biased MP now
also is wrong, according to Fisher.

This is not going to end very soon.

covcity4life

on other hand if we owned ricoh or if we had a fair rent in first place we might be prospering in the prem right now.

Gosford Green

Not owning the Ricoh attacked SISU as they guessed a few quid could be made. Quite a cock up there Joy.
Selling Highfield Road was a complete masterstroke.:sarcasm: Will that slimy perma tanned snake ever get bought to account ? ( Richardson for very young readers)

torchomatic

Yet, it seems, let's say "other" enterprises aren't allowed to do the same.

They are a business, that is their job - to increase revenue.

shmmeee

Sorry Shmmeee, I have to disagree. I criticize sisu for not giving due diligence on the rent, then getting us relgated, then demanding a "good price", because were now a league 1 team. It was those bastards that got us into this predicament. Then they have the cheek to talk about a fair price? They deserve all the criticizm they get.

So, you disagree that City should try to be as cost efficient as possible and increase revenue where possible? That's all my argument was. If Sisu were out there pushing community inclusion and trying to boost attendances (at the Ricoh) we'd be happy. Similarly if they were trimming genuine dead wood *cough Adam Barton cough* from the wage bill.

I'd wager, you'd even have no issue if they were currently engaged in cordial negotiations with CCC/ACL about a rent reduction or access to revenues and we were still at the Ricoh. Or were tabling £30-40m bids for the Ricoh complex. But they're not they're storming off like toddlers and throwing legal threats around, and that's what gets people's goat.

bigfatronssba

Yet, it seems, let's say "other" enterprises aren't allowed to do the same.

Are other enterprises doing the same?

As I posted before, the board of ACL are protecting the interests of ACL. The board of CCFC are protecting the interests of Sisu. That's the difference.

Users who are viewing this thread