Damien Collins interview - sisu/acl crucial decision for football league (2 Viewers)

fernandopartridge

There was a big furore over the rule when Leeds went into administration but nothing changed. At the end of the day the FL rules are to protect their members and for that reason I see them unlikely to change.

If another club went into administration owing CCFC (e.g. Bournemouth), what would the consensus be if CCFC were paid less in cash terms than Bournemouth's landlord?

fernandopartridge

To me the FL tried to be all things to all people. The 590k settlement is bizarre as it isn't usually a condition to settle in full with non football creditors, in effect they've changed their own rules.

dongonzalos

Now they will try and force SISU to make the payment ASAP I imagine and at the same time strike a temporary rent deal. Taking the sting out of Mr Collins next campaign.
It will be interesting to see what power the FL do actually have when it suits.

olderskyblue

“The club has said on many occasions that we are happy to pay whatever is deemed to be due by the Football League and have money set aside in an escrow account to cover this.

“As the Football League acknowledged last week we ‘have already placed substantial funds in an escrow account to cover any amount owed’ pending the outcome of the Football League board’s deliberations"

I thought it was accepted by all the knowledgeable on here that they had placed the full £590K into escrow. I remember a thread where we were told this as fact. It's odd that TF doesn't ever confirm that amount, but refers to "substantial funds"

It could make people think they may have only put maybe £270K into escrow perhaps?

kg82

“The club has said on many occasions that we are happy to pay whatever is deemed to be due by the Football League and have money set aside in an escrow account to cover this.

“As the Football League acknowledged last week we ‘have already placed substantial funds in an escrow account to cover any amount owed’ pending the outcome of the Football League board’s deliberations"

I thought it was accepted by all the knowledgeable on here that they had placed the full £590K into escrow. I remember a thread where we were told this as fact. It's odd that TF doesn't ever confirm that amount, but refers to "substantial funds"

It could make people think they may have only put maybe £270K into escrow perhaps?

Yeah, I thought I'd read that all the money had been placed in the account?

lapsed_skyblue

Interesting that TF continues to say "substantial" funds rather than the full amount.
I suspect that SISU have paid in a lesser amount and intend to try to bounce the FL into accepting this as clearing the matter. Their rationale for the amount they have paid will be interesting to read (if indeed the FL/SISU make the details public).
The comments by Damien Collins will make it very difficult for the FL to cave in. If the FL do insist on the full amount to be paid will SISU pay the balance or launch an appeal?

dongonzalos

“Both SISU and the Club want to focus on what we know really matter to our fans, preparing for an exciting campaign next season and getting the club in a position where they can play home games in the right place – back in the Coventry community. "​

He has got to have contacted ACL then......

skyblueinBaku

I don't think that Mr Collins is as half-witted or spineless as the FL. TF may have a difficult time trying to pull the wool over Mr Collins' eyes.

duffer

Interesting that TF continues to say "substantial" funds rather than the full amount.
I suspect that SISU have paid in a lesser amount and intend to try to bounce the FL into accepting this as clearing the matter. Their rationale for the amount they have paid will be interesting to read (if indeed the FL/SISU make the details public).
The comments by Damien Collins will make it very difficult for the FL to cave in. If the FL do insist on the full amount to be paid will SISU pay the balance or launch an appeal?

I'm not sure there's much scope to appeal against the FL. The FL control the golden share, and also seem to have carte blanche to do what they want in terms of points deductions for clubs.

They've managed to work themselves into a tight spot though - litigious owners on one side, a government looking for votes in key marginals on the other. I sincerely hope that whatever happens, the FL gets a proper kicking here - they absolutely deserve it. Clowns.

It does put pressure on the FL as to how they deal with CCFC though. Are the FL really going to risk and expose the football creditors rule by not following their decisions through regarding CCFC? Would the FL rather risk being sued by SISU - you would have to think so. The pressure on the FL because of CCFC just went up a notch, even if it changes nothing in the past that has gone on for us.

One thought that comes to mind and might mean the FA being brought in to this dispute. Would such legislation be classed as government intervention in English football? If so would the FA face the same sanctions as other countries in the past (Nigeria recently?) and risk being suspended by FIFA. I am sure Blatter would have a sly smile at that right now.

I think Blatter and Co would treat this very differently. This could be the first action that starts to bring down the FIFA house of dodgy cards.

Grendel

Grendel

Are they? When have they stated that they wouldn't meet them?

Have Otium asked to meet?

Have they or have they not publication stated until the £590,000 is paid there will be no negotiations.

skybluetony176

Have they or have they not publication stated until the £590,000 is paid there will be no negotiations.

You better hope that the FL hurry up and pay ACL in full then so negotiations can get underway. Can't really wait until the 7th of August can it? Seeing as the first home game is the 13th.

Tick tock tick tock

J

Jack Griffin

I hope for the sake of football in general Damiens bill makes some progress, but I have a feeling that the government will not back it this side of the election.
However surely one or more of the major parties will put something in their 2015 election manifestos because it has to be one of those issues that attracts popular support.

bigfatronssba

I hope for the sake of football in general Damiens bill makes some progress, but I have a feeling that the government will not back it this side of the election.
However surely one or more of the major parties will put something in their 2015 election manifestos because it has to be one of those issues that attracts popular support.

If it gains momentum all major parties will have it in their manifesto. Reform of football would be a non ideological policy so there isn't really anything for those left or right to oppose on it. Also it would be a vote winner, something that the government can actually deliver on, and wouldn't really cost anything.

It will happen at some point soon.

SkyblueBazza

Please - everyone bear in mind he's a politician. They covet headlines but are short on actions.
The latest cabinet reshuffle tends to indicate that even the prime minister isn't really interested in the good of the country - just himself, his family & his party. Gove (regardless of whether you think he did a good or bad job) has been replaced apparently after the Tory campaign manager said he was "toxic". The women added to cabinet after research flagged up the women were not feeling Tory inclined generally. The woman charged with chairing the Paedos in Parliament inquiry...how niaive or stupid to put someone in charge so clearly attached, & less likely to be impartial, to the original attourney general that may or may not have swept the initial allegations under the old carpet!?
Their integrity is sadly zero in my eyes...I am immediately dubious & sceptical & cynical of anything they say.

PUSB

Samo

Please - everyone bear in mind he's a politician. They covet headlines but are short on actions.
The latest cabinet reshuffle tends to indicate that even the prime minister isn't really interested in the good of the country - just himself, his family & his party. Gove (regardless of whether you think he did a good or bad job) has been replaced apparently after the Tory campaign manager said he was "toxic". The women added to cabinet after research flagged up the women were not feeling Tory inclined generally. The woman charged with chairing the Paedos in Parliament inquiry...how niaive or stupid to put someone in charge so clearly attached, & less likely to be impartial, to the original attourney general that may or may not have swept the initial allegations under the old carpet!?
Their integrity is sadly zero in my eyes...I am immediately dubious & sceptical & cynical of anything they say.

PUSB

They bullshit like a hedge fund.

skybluetony176

He is a hero now.like.sinclaire but that will change

I would say he's in this for the long run, it's he's baby. He hasn't just jumped on a bandwagon on a whim for some free publicity.

I don't think anyone is suggesting he's going to change the world but his efforts should be welcomed by any football fan regardless of what team they support. Unless of course you think all is rosie in the garden of football?

bigfatronssba

PUSB

The mans in a very safe seat 190 miles away from Coventry.

What exactly has he got to gain from this? I hardly think the people of Folkestone are up in arms at their local MP to do something about the CCFC issue.

SkyblueBazza

The mans in a very safe seat 190 miles away from Coventry.

What exactly has he got to gain from this? I hardly think the people of Folkestone are up in arms at their local MP to do something about the CCFC issue.

Only he & his advisors know what he thinks he may gain from it. On the other side of the argument - he might 100% genuine in his thoughts, feelings & intentions...I really don't know.

The fact is that politicians have been such a let down generally for many years...I shall not expect anything to gain in any way from anything any of them say.

PUSB

Ian1779

Was it just me that found it ironic that he bemoans the sale of a football club to 'people like SISU' whilst simultaneously championing the break up and sale of the NHS to 'people like SISU'.

Users who are viewing this thread