Dabo released (1 Viewer)

pusbccfc

His dad has been telling people.

bigfatronssba

Bit cruel if he’s been told it already.

Could’ve at least waited until Tuesday

Otis

We knew it was coming anyway, he isn’t championship standard in most cases unfortunately, great player in league one wish him all the best, won’t ever hold the pen miss over him shit happens
Exactly this.

So much more sensible than "I will never forgive him."

He was obviously told he was being moved on before yesterday.

Good luck to the lad and hope he finds a place somewhere and somehow recovers his form.

SkyblueTexan

If this is true, I am not entirely surprised. Was a loyal servant to the club and thank him for his service. Was instrumental in League 1, but clearly injuries have slowed him down. I think this will be start of some tough decisions MR, AV and the recruitment team will need to make to take our club forward.

McLovin87

Thought he was a decent player,l loved his link up play with O'Hare down the right. One particular game against Millwall away they both ran them ragged, the Millwall commentators were praising them all game.

Just hasn't had much luck with with injuries over the last couple of seasons, with a good injury free run in the side he would have been a decent Championsip player in my opinion. I'm not really giving the penalty miss much thought, shit happens!!

olderskyblue

Why on earth would you let a player that knows he’s leaving take a pen in such an important game?

surely he couldn’t have been in the best state of mind?

Dazmataz

It’s a sad way for his career with us to end, he was my favourite player in League One - it’s probably where he’s best suited though.
He's not looked the same player since promotion - injuries seem to have taken a real toll. Was one of the best players in that promotion side. Expected him to kick on the Championship, but it never happened.

Kilclines curly mullet

Even if Dabo wasn’t told previously its been pretty obvious over the past couple of months by the fact that a 20 year old loan player was keeping him out of the team.

Decent in league 1 but for a wing back to have not scored in 5 years and also assist very little is poor by anyone’s standards.

Still, wish him well. Hope he finds a decent league 1 team and stays injury free.

NorthernWisdom

Why on earth would you let a player that knows he’s leaving take a pen in such an important game?

surely he couldn’t have been in the best state of mind?
Probably saw his chance to leave on a high though. Imagine if it had been successful and we won, what a way to go.

Also I guess he's shielded some of the players who get to stay as well.

torchomatic

It’s a sad way for his career with us to end, he was my favourite player in League One - it’s probably where he’s best suited though.

Yeah, he was great that first season at St Andrew's. My favourite player that season.

The Philosopher

Good luck and best wishes to the Guy.

I posted elsewhere that I can see him going to a level 2 Dutch club like PEC Zwolle, he’s had a couple of seasons there (Netherlands) and seems friends with Gus. Maybe Gus will put a word in.

If he stays in U.K. he’s going to get constant digs and reminders from opponents about that pen miss.

Briles

Cheers for your service. Always liked him as a player. just never returned from injury with the same intensity. Absolutely will go to a top end league one team and wish him the best of luck.

So just Todd Kane left at RB then 😂

Marty

Was always going to happen, he's been poor last couple of seasons, way of the standard of the championship, was great in league one, think he needs to drop back to that level.

Fysnkysc

Even if Dabo wasn’t told previously its been pretty obvious over the past couple of months by the fact that a 20 year old loan player was keeping him out of the team.

Decent in league 1 but for a wing back to have not scored in 5 years and also assist very little is poor by anyone’s standards.

Still, wish him well. Hope he finds a decent league 1 team and stays injury free.
And let’s be honest not a very good one.

Users who are viewing this thread