Dabo released (1 Viewer)

TomRad85

Calmed down since yesterday and I do feel bad for the bloke, it'll be an awful thing to live with.

Like many people he was one of my league 1 faves. He was mediocre first season in championship but has been pretty woeful for 2 years now. Needs to be moved on, I'm sure Shrewsbury are ready and waiting.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Nobbie_67

He was great for us but hampered last 18 months, down to injuries.

I remember him making a great nutmeg on the line away at Sheff Utd in the 21/22 season and charging up the field

He clearly knew this was his last hoorah and no doubt wanted to seal it with a penalty for City.

He stood up. Good luck Fanky

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clint van damme

Calmed down since yesterday and I do feel bad for the bloke, it'll be an awful thing to live with.

Like many people he was one of my league 1 faves. He was mediocre first season in championship but has been pretty woeful for 2 years now. Needs to be moved on, I'm sure Shrewsbury are ready and waiting.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Don't agree about our first season back, thought he was very good, but other than that, yeah.

pusbccfc

Skyblue_LDN

He’s done a great service for the club. If true then I hope the club manage it carefully, don’t give people an excuse to make a scapegoat of him. Someone was going to miss, unfortunately it was him and not our day. Wish him nothing but luck wherever he lands, more concerned it’s another hole to plug this summer

PUSB-We_are_going_up

His energy in the dressing room and behind the scenes will be missed sorely and he has been a fantastic servant to the club, he’s tried to keep fighting through the injuries but unfortunately they’ve taken toll on him possibly because he’s been rushed back far too often. But on his day absolute class as we saw for the 2 games before blackpool away this season cant remember who they were against

pusbccfc

I’d genuinely keep him for 1 more year. Has been a great player and the key point is if he could stay fit he would be a decent squad player.

Forgetting what happened Saturday he’s been a great servant to the club and was vital to getting us promoted to the Championship

The thing is though Hucks, if we want to be progressing we need to be developing the squad beyond Dabo, Maguire, Walker etc.

I'd personally be happy for Kelly to stay if the wages are dirt cheap but if he's released this week, for me it will show some intent. It will show that we are looking to develop the entire squad and not just the team.

Kilclines curly mullet

I’d genuinely keep him for 1 more year. Has been a great player and the key point is if he could stay fit he would be a decent squad player.

Forgetting what happened Saturday he’s been a great servant to the club and was vital to getting us promoted to the Championship
From a sentimental point of view I’d like to keep him also.

From a practical perspective, Dabo simply isn’t the answer even as a squad player

We as fans need to be able to distinguish between the two, something Robins is very good at.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

The thing is though Hucks, if we want to be progressing we need to be developing the squad beyond Dabo, Maguire, Walker etc.

I'd personally be happy for Kelly to stay if the wages are dirt cheap but if he's released this week, for me it will show some intent. It will show that we are looking to develop the entire squad and not just the team.
From a sentimental point of view I’d like to keep him also.

From a practical perspective, Dabo simply isn’t the answer even as a squad player

We as fans need to be able to distinguish between the two, something Robins is very good at.
Think I’m looking at it from a sentimental POV - I trust Robins. I’m looking forward to next season. I think a good season would be Top 10 and make a play for promotion the year agter

it’s going to be so hard with Leicester, Southampton, Leeds, Norwich and Watford on their own let alone Middlesbrough and Sunderland and whatever West Brom turns up

stupot07

Think I’m looking at it from a sentimental POV - I trust Robins. I’m looking forward to next season. I think a good season would be Top 10 and make a play for promotion the year agter

it’s going to be so hard with Leicester, Southampton, Leeds, Norwich and Watford on their own let alone Middlesbrough and Sunderland and whatever West Brom turns up
Unfortunately, we've barely managed to get half little more than a season out of him for the last three seasons, which doesn't help when it takes him 5-6 games to get back into form after a an injury. His body just can't cope with the demands of championship football.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Grendel

Unfortunately, we've barely managed to get half little more than a season out of him for the last three seasons, which doesn't help when it takes him 5-6 games to get back into form after a an injury. His body just can't cope with the demands of championship football.

also he seemed to play when injured which hasn’t helped him

fatso

It's in everyone's best interest that he moves on now, he's been great during our rise to the championship, but injuries set him back,
And we need to progress again.

I just hope he's remembered for more than a penalty miss.

Thanks for the good times Dabo, and the very best of luck in your next club.

slowpoke

Players come, player go in the revolving door of football no room for sentiment, my bet is Dabo and some others have known the score for a while and hopefully sorted something out. Dabo will be a good acquisition for a team in division one or two.

Adge

Very good point that
It is indeed and I was thinking about this. Obviously the team/club tried their best and wanted to go up,but having missed the boat is there a crumb of comfort from a selfish point of view that some players now might still have a job and won’t be shown the door?🤔

Sky Blue Harry H

Always gave his best, and as G said, seemed to be playing at times when injured. Slight worry is the breaking up of a team spirit, but hoping that Fadz, hopefully Cal O'H , Sheaf (with his winning smile), Wislon and co will hold that together.

Gint11

Exactly. We’ve struggled with strength in depth and having enough players all season and it was evident in the final aswell.

Dabo has been awesome overall but this season he’s been nowhere near good enough and injury prone too. There is no room for sentiment in football. It’s time he moved on. Kelly too.

Adge

Yep-wish him all the best if/when he goes. Inevitably he will unfortunately be asked from now on about “that penalty” wherever he goes in the future, but from our perspective I thank him for his contribution in helping us to go in the right direction again.

Users who are viewing this thread