Dabo released (2 Viewers)

clint van damme

There'd be a certain irony if working too hard buggered his career!

Didn't we as a club try and bulk Huckerby up a bit, so he was never quite as lightning fast again after that?

I think it's a case of working wrongly.
Though it's not that long ago that an injured player with time on his hands would have been constantly on the piss!

fatso

I’d keep Wilson as well, my view has changed on Kelly but got to be a contract which covers if he’s injured half the season again, especially if he’s helping out with the U18/21s whilst doing his coaching badges.
I think Wilson has been successful due mainly to the defensive cover and 2 defensive midfielders in front of him.
I don't actually think he's that good of a keeper, dispite the record number of clean sheets.

However I wouldn't be against him sticking around as a number 2. But I'm sure there's better keepers out there.

NorthernWisdom

I think Wilson has been successful due mainly to the defensive cover and 2 defensive midfielders in front of him.
I don't actually think he's that good of a keeper, dispite the record number of clean sheets.

However I wouldn't be against him sticking around as a number 2. But I'm sure there's better keepers out there.
He does however look calmer, and doesn't make his crazy mistakes as regularly as he did. I never, never thought I'd say it, but I'd start him next season as first choice, and look to have a development keeper being trained to take over from him, be it one already at the club or bringing one in.

AOM

Be really sad to see Dabo go if true, probably my favourite player of the last few seasons. Especially the St Andrews seasons, when he'd always try and get the crowd going.

Injuries do seem to have caught up with him the last few years unfortunately though, would probably only keep him as a backup RWB

Hobo

There'd be a certain irony if working too hard buggered his career!

Didn't we as a club try and bulk Huckerby up a bit, so he was never quite as lightning fast again after that?
England coaches almost buggered up Anderson's cricketing career by trying to improve his bowling. He had to go back to county and unlearn it.

cstring82

I’ve grown to like him this season, thought Moore would be back in after starting against Wrexham (shows how much I know and though of him), but he’s improved a lot and yes it’ll be partly down to the players in front and he has flaws but I’ve seen a lot worse in my time watching Cov so happy he’s in the mix to start as No.1 next season.

Mucca Mad Boys

If true, I think it shows the magnitude of the rebuild.

He could easily have been kept on as a back up. Knowing he's going makes me think it's going to be a bigger rebuild than I first thought.
Robins warned towards the end of the season there was going to be a churn of players summer before we made the playoffs.

We have a lot of players out of contract, loanees heading back and our squad depth is poor. Kelly has performed well enough for a contract but it would not surprise me to see him on the chopping block either.

No room for sentiment and we need to be efficient with our lean budget.

covcity4life

Massive change was always going to happen though regardless of the Wembley result.

Obviously the futures of Vik and Hamer are in doubt, and the loans have expired, but if your honest, how many of the others would you keep.

For me it's only,
O'hare, Palmer, Sheaf, Eccles, Kelly, Fadz Godden, and Bidwell. And most of them are under contract still anyway.

And if your really being ruthless maybe only 4 of the above would be retained.

But what an amazing opportunity to get shot of the deadwood and for MR to build his own side with none of the hang overs from previous seasons knocking about.
Yup. I am excited about this big turnover rather than scared.

Still hope we keep the big 2 obviously

blunted

Always loved Dabo, a great player for us who has had his injury problems that has hampered his performances in the last couple of years, although he was brilliant away at Forest last year when playing out of position. Better players than Dabo have missed shootout penalties but I don't think he will get a TV advert. Hope he bounces back wherever he plays next season

Mucca Mad Boys

Yup. I am excited about this big turnover rather than scared.

Still hope we keep the big 2 obviously

Honestly, it may sound controversial… but, players come and go. With Vik, there seems to be sufficient interest to drive up the asking price to let him leave on advantageous terms. As for Hamer, I’m worried we won’t get good value for him so can see a Kieran Westwood-type situation occurring.

I’ve got faith in Robins and his staff. We’ve dealt with key players leaving before and ended up thriving.

Last edited:

kingfield park skyblues

What does bidwell bring to the table, yes takes throws. Give him the ball, gives it straight back. Two tackles per match, no interceptions. No heads. The only wing back without pace.Cuffy made runs taking players touches the ball 5 times for every touch bidwell makes.touch the ball more, more touches = more mistakes.but fans wanted cuffly replaced.same for dabo. Is it racism

Sick Boy

What does bidwell bring to the table, yes takes throws. Give him the ball, gives it straight back. Two tackles per match, no interceptions. No heads. The only wing back without pace.Cuffy made runs taking players touches the ball 5 times for every touch bidwell makes.touch the ball more, more touches = more mistakes.but fans wanted cuffly replaced.same for dabo. Is it racism
Robins clearly rates Bidwell as he started nearly every game last season.

fatso

Twat

SBAndy

What on earth are you chatting?

no_loyalty

Josh Wilson attacking wing back with pace, not brought on .luton players dropping like flies with cramp. Why.
Robins did say he wanted to bring him on but couldn't, due to the situation with Hamer going off injured and Palmer not being anywhere near fit enough to play for a longer period.

Boosh

Interesting that an obvious troll account in Kingfield remains on the forum yet I am restricted. Perhaps an admin has a personal issue with me

Otis

Interesting that an obvious troll account in Kingfield remains on the forum yet I am restricted. Perhaps an admin has a personal issue with me
Maybe it will be a much shorter list if you list everyone that hasn't.🤪

Flying Fokker

Seriously flawed last sentence. Not once have is seen/heard criticism which includes racism or ethnicity with regard to Dabo. You really missed the point. Great guy, not good enough to help us progress. he’s been good for this club.

long way home

Dabo needs a fresh start somewhere else he doesn't want to be remembered for missing the pen. He is supposed to be a really likeable member of the group but this group is sadly being spilt up.

Now the dust has settled MR and staff will be working on improving all aspects of the squad. Which i hope he can do quickly to get new players in and used to the environment and to understand to expectations at the club.

napolimp

Mentioned this in another thread - Bidwell offers consistency and fitness, plays a huge amount of games and it's extremely rare that he's off injured. We could have done with that consistency on the opposite wing.

long way home

I think MR will look for more attacking wing backs this summer. That is not any slight on Bidwell, Dabo, Estbrand, Eccles, Burroughs and Cuffy. Just think he will look for more experience and more fluent players for those areas.

Nick

Administrator
I think MR will look for more attacking wing backs this summer. That is not any slight on Bidwell, Dabo, Estbrand, Eccles, Burroughs and Cuffy. Just think he will look for more experience and more fluent players for those areas.

Yeah because Bidwell isnt experienced.

fernandopartridge

Clueless, obviously missed Bidwell's terrific header away ahead of two Boro players last minute of the play off game

Users who are viewing this thread