Cyrus Christie (2 Viewers)

sw88

Chief Commentator!
(Coventry based) Huddersfield Town fan in peace.

Rumours among HTFC fans is that we offered £500k (I assume if that's true that was our 2nd & final bid). I've never seen him play so I have no idea how good he is - but my first instinct was to think that's a hell of a lot for a Lg1 full back that'll be out of contract 9 months from now.

Is he really that good (genuine question, not taking the piss)?

Whatever happens, good luck for the rest of the season (especially against Bradford).

Had you asked before the window shut, I'd have said he as shite and to steer clear ;)

But as its now closed, I can give an honest review :D

He's a top class RB. Hasn't always played in that position, but has not moved from it since getting into the first team.

He's very attack minded, and never afraid to take anyone on.

Top quality cross on him, and has lightening quick pace.

We're lucky we kept hold of him tbh

terrier78

Out of contract but young enough for compo to be payable. Good young player. Will probably end up getting around 500k with some add ons next summer

That might have been the case under the old system but the new EPPP rules (which are grossly unfair imo) I can't see how you'd get much more than £250k. It's not a reflection on how good a player he is or how much potential he has - but how many games he's played, at what level, how long he's been with the club & what category academy you have. I assume you think £500k is a fair price for him, suggests he'd be able to make the step up to the championship. Is he good enough now or is it more that he has the potential to be good enough?

Had you asked before the window shut, I'd have said he as shite and to steer clear ;)

But as its now closed, I can give an honest review :D

He's a top class RB. Hasn't always played in that position, but has not moved from it since getting into the first team.

He's very attack minded, and never afraid to take anyone on.

Top quality cross on him, and has lightening quick pace.

We're lucky we kept hold of him tbh

Thanks. From the sounds of it he's a fairly similar type of player to Jack Hunt (who we've just sold to C. Palace). What other position did he play before?

terrier78

Nice to know there's another Town fan in these parts. Not such the barren wasteland anymore:welcome:

Cheers. I live in Radford. There aren't so many of us down here although there were a few town fans in the Wallace for the match v Charlton that ended the big unbeaten run. Otherwise I'm Billy-no-mates in the pub when town matches are televised.

shmmeee

That might have been the case under the old system but the new EPPP rules (which are grossly unfair imo) I can't see how you'd get much more than £250k. It's not a reflection on how good a player he is or how much potential he has - but how many games he's played, at what level, how long he's been with the club & what category academy you have. I assume you think £500k is a fair price for him, suggests he'd be able to make the step up to the championship. Is he good enough now or is it more that he has the potential to be good enough?

Thanks. From the sounds of it he's a fairly similar type of player to Jack Hunt (who we've just sold to C. Palace). What other position did he play before?

Started on the wing in youth I think, at least I'd expect that given his comfort going forward. Fast, strong, scores a couple, decent defending.

Not only would he make the step up, he only made the step down a year ago (played regularly for us in the Championship).

Worth closer to £1m in a fair market IMO. That was the sort of price mentioned when Newcastle were interested before I think.

Wouldn't worry mind, you're not signing him.

sw88

Chief Commentator!

He played as a striker at school level, then I'm sure he initially dropped back to a CB for our academy, before being moved out to RB.

Covterrier

I used to live in Radford when I first came here, 28 long years ago. I moved into a house in Nicholls street, Very close to Citys old ground at Highfield Road. I thought I would be able to see Town play City there when City were relegated from the Prem at Aston Villa only for Town to be relegated the following week at home to Birmingham ( F****ng Brummies did us both). Now living in Allesley. I've seen a motor around Cov with the 1st three letters "KAZ" with Town stickers in the window, wouldn't be you by chance?

Mucca Mad Boys

Would've been very difficult for a club in a financial state to reject anything above £1m, League 1 player (potential to be a lot better), club is in admin, revenue decreased by near tenfold, but fair play to, dare I say it, SISU, they kept the players SP wanted to keep, despite many sections of CCFC support were claiming that we were going to sell them all at bargain prices. Relieved squad is intact, but didn't really expect anyone to go tbh.

terrier78

I used to live in Radford when I first came here, 28 long years ago. I moved into a house in Nicholls street, Very close to Citys old ground at Highfield Road. I thought I would be able to see Town play City there when City were relegated from the Prem at Aston Villa only for Town to be relegated the following week at home to Birmingham ( F****ng Brummies did us both). Now living in Allesley. I've seen a motor around Cov with the 1st three letters "KAZ" with Town stickers in the window, wouldn't be you by chance?

Nope, not me. There must be 3 of us down here!

terrier78

Started on the wing in youth I think, at least I'd expect that given his comfort going forward. Fast, strong, scores a couple, decent defending.

Not only would he make the step up, he only made the step down a year ago (played regularly for us in the Championship).

Worth closer to £1m in a fair market IMO. That was the sort of price mentioned when Newcastle were interested before I think.

Wouldn't worry mind, you're not signing him.
Blimey - he's only 20 now isn't he? Impressive if he was playing regularly at 18(?) in the Championship. By the sounds of it I hope you're wrong about us not signing him - he sounds like exactly the sort of player that we could do with. It'll be interesting to see whether your stars will sign contracts this year or move on. Pressley does have a good reputation for bringing young players through - it was one reason why I think his name was touted for HTFC before Robins came here. Then again there's an increased focus on youth at HTFC too, so who knows?

As an aside - I used to work at President Kennedy School a few years ago. I remember a pupil there called Callum Wilson, that some of you on here may have heard of. Probably of little interest but I thought I'd share anyway.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Blimey - he's only 20 now isn't he? Impressive if he was playing regularly at 18(?) in the Championship. By the sounds of it I hope you're wrong about us not signing him - he sounds like exactly the sort of player that we could do

He was nowhere near ready for that standard of football at the time. He played because he was the only RB at that time

Users who are viewing this thread