Cyrus Christie (3 Viewers)

FRY-CCFC

sheff u rumour that hudds have bid 3 mil for manchild harry maguire...

stupot07

I think we will accept 600k. If they come back.
With the clubbing stating he could Leave for nothing at the end of next season.
We will then sign 2 free transfer/loanee cb's and JC will revert to RB.

No we couldn't, the embargo we're under is 1 out, 1 in on 75% of the outgoing players wages.

stupot07

The contract expiring isn't as relevant as it normally would be though is it? We would get a tribunal fee if he left at the end of his contract

That means we don't risk losing him for nothing even if doesnt sign a new deal

That's very true.

ricohman

If hes outta contract end of this season 400k is maybe the more likely selling price.

Remember the ones like gunnerson and westwood that ran their contracts down and we got nothing.

Would yous take say 500k now or keep him this season and maybe lose him end of season.

Best outcome here would be for sisu to offer a rewarding contract now and show an intent in future progress to calm the fans slightly

SkyBlue_Bear83

If hes outta contract end of this season 400k is maybe the more likely selling price.

Remember the ones like gunnerson and westwood that ran their contracts down and we got nothing.

Would yous take say 500k now or keep him this season and maybe lose him end of season.

Best outcome here would be for sisu to offer a rewarding contract now and show an intent in future progress to calm the fans slightly
As I mentioned a few pages back we would get a fee for him if he ran his contract down set by a tribunal. Slightly eases the pressure on us to sell or risk losing him for nothing

shmmeee

As I mentioned a few pages back we would get a fee for him if he ran his contract down set by a tribunal. Slightly eases the pressure on us to sell or risk losing him for nothing

Like we did for Gunnarsson? I seem to remember ending up with about half what we would've got selling him in January.

Here's a crazy idea: why don't we tie him down to a longer contract?

SkyBlue_Bear83

Like we did for Gunnarsson? I seem to remember ending up with about half what we would've got selling him in January.

Here's a crazy idea: why don't we tie him down to a longer contract?

Yea I've been looking at the elite player performance rules and instead of doing the tribunal on an individual basis now it's a fixed value based on how many years they have been at the club and how many appearances they have made for the club, we'd probably get 250-300k if his contract expires in the summer

I can't actually see any official source which says his contract up. The only thing I can find is that he signed a long term contract during the season we were relegated from the championship

ricohman

Give him 3yr deal, sell him if they must end of season, and cov get the deserved payment for once in recent times for a player of his quality

Grendel

Then we've done something wrong with him, or he was always going to go and we should've sold him "top of cycle" last season.

What did spurs "do wrong" with Gareth Bale?

stupot07

Yes we can
We have two slots already available
And you could sign one player for 75% of their combine wages
And another for 75% of Christies wage

Not what waggot said.

"The Football League operates a policy of one player out and one player in," Coventry development director Steve Waggott told the club website.
"Therefore the departure of Cody McDonald in the summer enables us to bring in a replacement.
"There are, however, certain conditions to any transfer business being done to ensure that clubs are not increasing their financial risk in their acquisition of new players.
"To ensure that, the Football League insists that any player brought in can only be on a maximum 75% of the wages that the departed player was on.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Not what waggot said.

"The Football League operates a policy of one player out and one player in," Coventry development director Steve Waggott told the club website.
"Therefore the departure of Cody McDonald in the summer enables us to bring in a replacement.
"There are, however, certain conditions to any transfer business being done to ensure that clubs are not increasing their financial risk in their acquisition of new players.
"To ensure that, the Football League insists that any player brought in can only be on a maximum 75% of the wages that the departed player was on.

They asked the football league and they said we could use use 75% of the combined wages to sign one player
http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sp...news/coventry-city-fc-steven-pressley-5775792

thaiskyblue

hasn't happened yet, but given Joy Diversion 's track record it's a good chance it will, Fisher said "competetive squad, enough money to cover costs at sickfields, more shitsu crap, does any body still back these charlatans ?
sisu out, pusb !

Brighton Sky Blue

it would be VERY difficult to turn down anything over £1 million

Just got a text from a pal in Yorkshire saying Huddersfield have bid £300k for Christie

My first reaction was to burst out laughing at £300k, but sadly SISU don't know anything about football so it will look like a great deal to them.

terrier78

My first reaction was to burst out laughing at £300k, but sadly SISU don't know anything about football so it will look like a great deal to them.

(Coventry based) Huddersfield Town fan in peace.

Rumours among HTFC fans is that we offered £500k (I assume if that's true that was our 2nd & final bid). I've never seen him play so I have no idea how good he is - but my first instinct was to think that's a hell of a lot for a Lg1 full back that'll be out of contract 9 months from now.

Is he really that good (genuine question, not taking the piss)?

Whatever happens, good luck for the rest of the season (especially against Bradford).

Covterrier

Rumours among HTFC fans is that we offered £500k (I assume if that's true that was our 2nd & final bid). I've never seen him play so I have no idea how good he is - but my first instinct was to think that's a hell of a lot for a Lg1 full back that'll be out of contract 9 months from now.

Whatever happens, good luck for the rest of the season (especially against Bradford).
Nice to know there's another Town fan in these parts. Not such the barren wasteland anymore:welcome:

CCFCSteve

Out of contract but young enough for compo to be payable. Good young player. Will probably end up getting around 500k with some add ons next summer

Users who are viewing this thread