Cyrus Christie (1 Viewer)

CUS Wyken

The reason it hasn't been done and dusted is because of the criminal investigation.

Marty talking about the FA part of dealing with it. It happened in November and it's took till February for them to do anything...

stupot07

Marty talking about the FA part of dealing with it. It happened in November and it's took till February for them to do anything...

Exactly - the FA can hardly find him guilty as it might influence the outcome of the criminal case.

Astute

I know a lad who works by Liverpool crown court. There were protesters outside. So it's ok to have media blackouts because it was Asian's involved. Wheres the equality there?

Would it be a media whiteout if it was white people involved?

CUS Wyken

Would it be a media whiteout if it was white people involved?

Could well be but I doubt if it involved 47 white fella's there'd be a blackout.

That's where the problem lies. And that what annoys me and others.

I'm all for equality but it proves authority's and media beg to differ about equal rights. I'm not brainwashed by the sun or any other papers. It's my own view.

Paxman II

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LLg7D7zxTrA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Real

You mention form? What form has John Terry got for racism?

He hasn't, he's stereotyping John Terry because it suits his already formed opinion of him. The irony being he will tell those he considers racist that they shouldn't stereotype people.

Or the fact that Jason Roberts isn't a manager and is still playing football?

Totally missing the point. Kduffy has mentioned Jason Roberts speaks with passion and eloquence as if that makes his opinion any more informed than somebody elses, I was pointing out that it doesn't.

Nonleagueherewecome

Maybe we should wait until he's found guilty or innocent, then we can do this all over again. Someone said "ah, all sorts gets said in the heat of a match, it's harmless"?-that sounds like the sort of excuse I expect from Terry, and that is racist and unacceptable. Just because they're playing football, it doesn't give them freedom to be racist, even more so if we're talking about a supposed role model in the England captain.

Nonleagueherewecome

Also, I thought any racist offence was classed as a "hate crime" now? I think Wyken is getting hung up on semantics.

Nonleagueherewecome

It was a racist attack yet according to you and Nonleague it's only a one way street. I'm saying there's good and bad in all walks of life. What can't you grasp?

I don't remember saying it was a one way street. Just because I'm not interested in the cases which you seem slightly disturbingly obsessed with (IMO). I see you didn't deny my BNP label I attached to you? I can remember people saying "Enoch had the right idea" not that long ago, and people going out of their way to find incidence of "reverse racism" strike me as probably sharing his attitude and having a very big and unjustified chip on their shoulder!

Last edited:

Grendel

If he was adamant he didn't say these racist comments hes being accused off, then why would he stand down from his role as captain? Surely would be seen as an admission of guilt if he did.

Why has Chris Huhne resigned from the cabinet? Does that make him guilty pending proceedings? No it is the appropriate thing to do and this is a direct parallel of that situation.

Grendel

Totally missing the point. Kduffy has mentioned Jason Roberts speaks with passion and eloquence as if that makes his opinion any more informed than somebody elses, I was pointing out that it doesn't.

It does make him more informed as he was making the point he and many other players would be uncomfortable if Terry was captain or he was playing. He certainly is more informed than you or I in making that point as we are not players.

Nonleagueherewecome

Anyhoo, it's a good thing:

1) We've got rid of Fabio! He was crap-and not because he was foreign, just because he was outmoded and not up to the job. Should have gone after the WC: we might actually get out of the group stage now!
2) Terry is out of the team: good riddance! It was painful seeing him constantly outpaced at international level. Even more embarrassing was his attempt at a revolt last WC. He's an old fashioned English style centre back who is only good at defending against direct attacks; he's well past his best and I've seen asthmatic carthorses turn faster.

Real

It does make him more informed as he was making the point he and many other players would be uncomfortable if Terry was captain or he was playing. He certainly is more informed than you or I in making that point as we are not players.

Well he needs to get over himself then and stop being so precious. I see Ashley Cole, Essien and other black Chelsea players are not quite so uncomfortable as Roberts is being, Why is that? Because they don't believe he is racist? And they'd have a better idea than Roberts surely, or is it that he genuinely did say "do you think" before the rest of the words people are happy to condemn him with?

Terry has been pre-judged by many on here and within football, yet if these same people get the slightest hint that somebody is prejudging a black person, they are quick to condemn. Hypocrisy in action.

Nonleagueherewecome

I was just as judgemental about Marlon King. I was the one banging on about how I saw his red coming in the "Match Events You Forecast" thread just the other day. I thought he was a lout: him being black had nothing to do with it. I thought Stern John was lazy, but so are Freddy Eastwood and Cody McDonald: but Clive Platt, George Boateng, Michael Doyle and Sean Flynn are possibly the hardest working City players I can think of. I judge people as individuals. I'm even handed with my prejudice ;)

Sure, I don't know Terry, but I can form an opinion based on public domain information. That is that he is a prick. Seeing as I think racism is the sort of thing that pricks are more likely to perpetrate-and generally more likely with the arrogant breed of idiot that I think he is-yes, that means I think it's more likely he said it. That has sod all to do with what his race is. An idiot is an idiot, whatever colour or creed he may be.

Nonleagueherewecome

Talking passionately and with eloquence doesn't make an opinion any more valid than the next guys who may not find it as easy to get his point across.

This sounds like the words of someone who has lost an argument. I think it does make their opinion less valid, because if someone can't get their point over coherently, it implies that their argument lacks coherence. This is the principle upon which Democracy as a political system & The Judiciary is based on.

Disorganised1

Terry has issued a statement about Capello's resignation.

Says he'll miss the old wop.

This is a joke.

Astute

Why has Chris Huhne resigned from the cabinet? Does that make him guilty pending proceedings? No it is the appropriate thing to do and this is a direct parallel of that situation.

This should not be done. There are a lot of cheats in football. Remember the Ronaldo wink? So we have the Euro's coming up. There is a strong country your team could well have to play on the way to the final. A player wants another not to be able to go so would he say something racist was said to stop the player from going? I would count it as guilty until proved innocent.

Huhne helped to run the country. A bit different than kicking a ball of air about. Also from info available he seems guilty. 9 points on licence when his wife got her only points? Wife grasses herself up when nothing happened? I trust politicians less than footballers. They give us bullshit for a living.

BTW thanks everyone for keeping me entertained on a nightshift, even the white honkeys ;)

Otis

And schools across Cov and Warwickshire don't do nativity plays anymore and some school on rugby banned the word christmas and was told to use winter season holiday. Why is that? Because they didn't want to upset other religions.

Religion is the biggest culprit for hate in this world not race

My daughter is 7. She was at Whitmore Park School. They did a nativety. She did the nativety for 3 years there. She is now at Coundon Primary. They too do the nativety. Don't know where this idea comes from that schools don't do the nativety. Any that don't are very much in the minority.

Otis

Well he needs to get over himself then and stop being so precious. I see Ashley Cole, Essien and other black Chelsea players are not quite so uncomfortable as Roberts is being, Why is that? Because they don't believe he is racist? And they'd have a better idea than Roberts surely, or is it that he genuinely did say "do you think" before the rest of the words people are happy to condemn him with?

Terry has been pre-judged by many on here and within football, yet if these same people get the slightest hint that somebody is prejudging a black person, they are quick to condemn. Hypocrisy in action.

Yep, why haven't Terry's black teammates said anything or made a stance that they will not play alongside him?

covcity4life

Same could be said for Ross Parker's poor family eh. And you may ask who is Ross Parker well here you go...

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Ross_Parker

and here lies the problem

to you ross parkers murder means more,it hurts and offends you more

to me, i feel deeply saddened by BOTH cases equally

the fact one got more media attention can be a cause for concern i agree,but you are using it as a "yeh well you got him but we got this one" and it dont work like that

just forget the colour and treat murders as scum equally, they dont represent their race

torchomatic

Absolutely. Spot on.

That's why those who go out of their way to point out statistics and bring attention to other murders. etc make me suspicious. I would say the average person like you are is saddened whoever is killed regardless of their colour. For some they have to bring in some sort of skewed balance to the whole thing. Weird.

and here lies the problem

to you ross parkers murder means more,it hurts and offends you more

to me, i feel deeply saddened by BOTH cases equally

the fact one got more media attention can be a cause for concern i agree,but you are using it as a "yeh well you got him but we got this one" and it dont work like that

just forget the colour and treat murders as scum equally, they dont represent their race

Otis

I have always held the belief through my life that you treat everyone as an individual and everyone on their own individual merits.

Bottom line in all this is though, that John Terry has to be innocent until proven guilty and I believe Christie is wrong in his comments. I fully back Capello's stance and also his resignation. We simply cannot afford to keep going down this route. Harry Redknapp was more or else labelled as guilty before the trial and his chances of the England job totally dismissed.

I ask you all again, if you were John Terry and you believed yourself to be innocent, would you step down from probably what would be his last ever big tournament as an England player? Would be madness to do so. and you can be bound sure that if he had of stepped down then many would have taken that of an admittance of guilt.

hughescov

The fact of the matter is that Terry should have had his case dealt with way before the Euros arrive. This would stop any awkwardness over 'should he play, should he not'.

I know for one, if I felt I was innocent (which he is, innocent before..) in this situation then there is no way I would step down. Why should I?

Otis

You've hit the nail on the head. Stuff like this should be dealt with swiftly. If it had to go to court it should have happened within weeks, instead of this dragging on for months.

Whether Terry is guilty or not, all this media furore has probably killed off any remaining hopes England have of doing well this Summer.

torchomatic

Not tht cello has gone I think England's chances have been given a boost. Not that I'm bothered too much, I hate internationalnfootball.

torchomatic

Sorry, I'm using my tablet and I can't type with it very well!!

Otis

There will now be unrest in the England camp if Terry is selected for sure. If he goes I expect an unhappy camp driven on by the media stirring and dishing dirt.

WTF has the England camp got to do with Christie? I'm not reading through 17 pages to find out so could someone please write me a story of the evolution of this thread?

torchomatic

I think Christie is the new England captain.

stnomskyblue

wow. I just read through all this thread whilst eating dodgy hotdogs (not sure what animal lol) whilst working in south africa. Interesting how people go off on this very emotive subject. Thanks for the entertainment :claping hands: but I joined this forum to talk/read about my beloved Sky Blues. Can we get back to that now :whistle:

stnomskyblue

By the way. I do hope no narrow minded moron will imply I am racist because I am questioning the "meat" in my hot dog and I am in Africa. It just tasted weird. And was cooked and served by a person the same colour as me :D

Astute

WTF has the England camp got to do with Christie? I'm not reading through 17 pages to find out so could someone please write me a story of the evolution of this thread?

17 pages? only 5 for me on both laptop and phone :thinking about:

Users who are viewing this thread