CWR (3 Viewers)

Sky Blue Pete

.....what's the betting that his info about "asking the complaint to be forgotten anout" (or however he worded it) has come from one of his "contacts"........... at the trust!!!! (After CJs tweet stated the very same that Wasps had told him"
I fond that for Wasps to be insinuating that this can happen is despicable and seems quite corrupt too....
It’s a real person and if things happen as he wishes the person will find out and come back on the record. We will see what power any eu institution has once we leave of course.

shmmeee

No need for conspiracy about the “ask for it to be forgotten” line. Clearly that’s what Wasps are saying off the record to people so that’s what’s coming back.

Need an expert on EU law to give a definitive answer and to be fair to Stuart it does sound like that’s the plan.

Sky Blue Pete

No need for conspiracy about the “ask for it to be forgotten” line. Clearly that’s what Wasps are saying off the record to people so that’s what’s coming back.

Need an expert on EU law to give a definitive answer and to be fair to Stuart it does sound like that’s the plan.
Yep agreed

shepardo01

Yep agreed
So on the record, saying shamelessly "drop legals", then off record, "please ask the complaint to be forgotten about"
CWR needs to be pushed on this too... those that can...
And also along the lines of;
Wasps, why are you wanting CCFC to pay (indemnity) if your deal with council is wrong and although you are adamant it isn't,..????
And Wasps, why are you asking that SISU ask the EU to effectively sweep the complaint under the carpet if again you are adamant that everything in the deal to by RA was above board....???
More you say it/think about it... the more it stinks and should be challenged!!

Sky Blue Pete

So on the record, saying shamelessly "drop legals", then off record, "please ask the complaint to be forgotten about"
Wasps, why are you wanting CCFC to pay (indemnity) if your deal with council is wrong and although you are adamant it isn't,..????
And Wasps, why are you asking that SISU ask the EU to effectively sweep the complaint under the carpet if again you are adamant that everything in the deal to by RA was above board....???
It’s a series of challenges to get to more of the truth isn’t it?

shmmeee

The indemnity is just stupid but as I keep pointing out going through legal action is shit even when innocent. I don’t think asking for it to be dropped is a smoking gun in itself.

Indemnity clause is weapons grade bullshit though. Until it’s dropped the rest is moot. The club could never agree to it.

shepardo01

Hope so Pete.
And well done and thanks again. Hope you and the likes of smee, and others, can keep it up.
There do seem to be some "well placed" obstacles in the way in the media, with links to it, and outside of the media too.

Grendel

Not really. It’s obvious that wasps still have an indemnity in place and will refuse to let the club back. Then a wasps source leaks to the trust and the media the “forget it EU” line which is beyond ridiculous

clint van damme

Well done fellas.
Linnell is a bumbling idiot.
'"I've learnt a lot if things this week some I already knew",
He's taught Clive well

skybluetony176

Regarding the complaint to the EU. It’s my understanding (and I’m happy to be corrected) anyone can/could make this complaint. What’s stopping a group of us fans getting together and making the same complaint? SISU can then drop their complaint with no loss of face, Wasps and CCC still come under the cosh, no excuse for anyone to hold CCFC to ransom, we’re just a group of tax payers operating our legal rights, everyone’s a winner.

shepardo01

Regarding the complaint to the EU. It’s my understanding (and I’m happy to be corrected) anyone can/could make this complaint. What’s stopping a group of us fans getting together and making the same complaint? SISU can then drop their complaint with no loss of face, Wasps and CCC still come under the cosh, no excuse for anyone to hold CCFC to ransom, we’re just a group of tax payers operating our legal rights, everyone’s a winner.
Although yes, by the sounds of it, anybody could submit the complaint.... pretty sure it doesn't just go along the lines of,
Dear the EU,
I'd like to complain about the sale of the lease of the Rocoh Arean to Wasps by Coventry City Council,
Love from Tony.
I'm guessing there are one or two legal documents that need to go with it too...
Along with a first hand knowledge of what has exactly happened too!....
The complaint was submitted in February by all accounts and since then we have decided to leave the EU too....
Would love it to be that easy.

Grendel

It’s pretty obvious who his sources are isn’t it?

skybluetony176

Although yes, by the sounds of it, anybody could submit the complaint.... pretty sure it doesn't just go along the lines of,
Dear the EU,
I'd like to complain about the sale of the lease of the Rocoh Arean to Wasps by Coventry City Council,
Love from Tony.
I'm guessing there are one or two legal documents that need to go with it too...
The complaint was submitted in February by all accounts and since then we have decided to leave the EU too....
It’s bound to work. Who wouldn’t want a bit of Tony love?

Being serious though. Some people on here (not me) clearly have the skills to draft something that a bunch of us can put our name too.

clint van damme

What is clear is if Linnell and his fellow local 'journalists' don't get their fingers out and get to the bottom of this story and get it reported they are going to end up looking even stupider than they do know.

He's had a week to try and get a handle on this, ask some searching questions and get some quotes with a bit of substance from the parties involved.
NDAs my arse.

Brighton Sky Blue

What is clear is if Linnell and his fellow local 'journalists' don't get their fingers out and get to the bottom of this story and get it reported they are going to end up looking even stupider than they do know.

He's had a week to try and get a handle on this, ask some searching questions and get some quotes with a bit of substance from the parties involved.
NDAs my arse.

He's a simpleton who got lucky

Brighton Sky Blue

He was pretty lovely tonight with sam and managing the show was interesting to watch

Don't doubt that Pete but anyone can do that. What is sorely lacking is proper investigative journalism and he obviously isn't up to the task. You must have been able to tell he was trying to be verbose in order to hide a lack of substance

Sky Blue Pete

Don't doubt that Pete but anyone can do that. What is sorely lacking is proper investigative journalism and he obviously isn't up to the task. You must have been able to tell he was trying to be verbose in order to hide a lack of substance
My only criticism would be he’s too bothered about the past and is pretty biased against Sisu. Not too different to many other coventry fans who blame them for everything

Grendel

Brighton Sky Blue

My only criticism would be he’s too bothered about the past and is pretty biased against Sisu. Not too different to many other coventry fans who blame them for everything

Not many other fans are in the position he is-needs to be quietly moved on like poor Geoff

Adge

Poor Geoff made a living out of being a bumbling fool for years. Must of made the tea and purchased the biscuits for the last 10 years-certainly didn’t do much else.

Grendel

Not many other fans are in the position he is-needs to be quietly moved on like poor Geoff

Linnell isn’t stupid and to be fair to him has had a very successful career in local sports radio. He’s now starting to show he’s not as in touch with situations as he once was but he’s still able to control an agenda for a programme like that.

Thanks to Pete setting the agenda as he did last nights programme was different I guess to normal and the focus should remain on it.

The frustration with him is he can’t help himself and still had to trot out a suggestion the complaint can be somehow dealt with and silenced. It clearly cannot.

It’s obvious where his sympathies lie - which is fair enough - but he tries to hide behind BBC impartiality but still tilt the programme to that bias and then it becomes a mess.

Grendel

Dear the EU,
Love from Tony.

The thing fans should do is monitor the car park hotel proposal and it the wasps development goes to committee and then is passed there is a timeline for appealing it.

We need to have numbers officially loosing it. The deadline needs to be made available on the document.

Users who are viewing this thread