CWR (2 Viewers)

SkyBlueDom26

What’s the number to call for tonight? Do you have to ring early to have a chance? How does it all work? Think the last time I called was in the 90s.

Thinking of asking about the fact the fans are in the dark on key questions, those being:

- Surely Wasps accept that the indemnity clause (or whatever name you want to give it) is unacceptable and would bankrupt CCFC. So isn’t it basically a permanent block on CCFC returning?
- Are Wasps asking for the *current/ongoing* legal action to be stopped (in which case again it’s a permanent block) or future legal action (in which case what’s the difference between that and the agreement Sisu signed prior to talks)?

It sure seems to the untrained eye that this is Wasps putting a block on CCFC returning while there is any legal action at all. If that’s the case why haven’t the media taken this point to Wasps?

Not sure how to frame that in a way that won’t lead to CWR refusing to answer, but seems those are the key issues we need answers to and it’s pretty much the local media’s job to get us them.

You'd call up defending wasps and of course the council

RegTheDonk

Interesting that councillors are running a petition to stop the police museum moving from Coventry to Birmingham.

Where were they when it was ccfc?
Am assuming this is the original police museum which has had a few previous "homes" over the years (Edgbaston, Sparkhill)? If so, looks like CCC are trying to keep the franchise lol

Sky Blue Pete

What’s the number to call for tonight? Do you have to ring early to have a chance? How does it all work? Think the last time I called was in the 90s.

Thinking of asking about the fact the fans are in the dark on key questions, those being:

- Surely Wasps accept that the indemnity clause (or whatever name you want to give it) is unacceptable and would bankrupt CCFC. So isn’t it basically a permanent block on CCFC returning?
- Are Wasps asking for the *current/ongoing* legal action to be stopped (in which case again it’s a permanent block) or future legal action (in which case what’s the difference between that and the agreement Sisu signed prior to talks)?

It sure seems to the untrained eye that this is Wasps putting a block on CCFC returning while there is any legal action at all. If that’s the case why haven’t the media taken this point to Wasps?

Not sure how to frame that in a way that won’t lead to CWR refusing to answer, but seems those are the key issues we need answers to and it’s pretty much the local media’s job to get us them.
Yep best to phone the second it starts

chiefdave

Do you have to ring early to have a chance? How does it all work?
They normally seem desperate for calls and have the same people week in week out so I would guess you could pretty much guarantee being on.

If they start refusing to put people on air who potentially aren't going down the 'its all SISUs fault' line that wouldn't be a good look for a supposedly impartial station.

shmmeee

You'd call up defending wasps and of course the council

I don’t understand why you come on here. You don’t read anything anyone else posts and just make up your own things to argue with. You could save the hassle and just write messages to yourself at home.

shmmeee

They normally seem desperate for calls and have the same people week in week out so I would guess you could pretty much guarantee being on.

If they start refusing to put people on air who potentially aren't going down the 'its all SISUs fault' line that wouldn't be a good look for a supposedly impartial station.

I mean I’m pretty anti Sisu and am of the position that overall it is their fault so maybe that’ll work in my favour ;)

shmmeee

Most are they’ve let us down enormously but at the moment I don’t think there’s anything they can do to get an agreement to play at the Ricoh. Now that may suit them but we need answers

Agreed. That’s how it seems. So the question becomes can we get the local media to accept this and ask Wasps why they aren’t letting us back instead of pretending the club can do anything. Also if that’s the case what’s the clubs plan for building a new ground ASAP as that seems to be the next most likely route.

Sisu are to blame for putting our destiny out of our hands, but out of our hands it may well be and crying over spilt milk helps nothing.

shmmeee

What opinions do you have on how the council have acted?

I think under Lucas and Mutton was it? things clearly got to a point where personalities got in the way of common sense, though that can be said of both sides. Everyone was pretty vile.

I think like everyone they’ve mostly acted in their own interests. We can cry about it but the primary purpose of local government isn’t to support London hedge funds, even if those hedge funds own a local asset. Which is why it was silly to put our future in their hands. Ultimately they were never going to just hand over the Ricoh and a strategy that hinges on them doing that was always doomed to fail.

I’m glad they now seem to be taking the stadium land search seriously, though several years too late.

skyblueinBaku

I’m glad they now seem to be taking the stadium land search seriously, though several years too late.

Does anyone have an update on progress for this?

Nick

Administrator
I think under Lucas and Mutton was it? things clearly got to a point where personalities got in the way of common sense, though that can be said of both sides. Everyone was pretty vile.

I think like everyone they’ve mostly acted in their own interests. We can cry about it but the primary purpose of local government isn’t to support London hedge funds, even if those hedge funds own a local asset. Which is why it was silly to put our future in their hands. Ultimately they were never going to just hand over the Ricoh and a strategy that hinges on them doing that was always doomed to fail.

But it is to support an out of town hedge fund that own an asset from London?

shmmeee

But it is to support an out of town hedge fund that own an asset from London?

How did Wasps approach it? Did they start by surrounding themselves with cranks with long held gripes against the council? Did they play silly buggers with negotiations? Or did they approach them in a normal way and try and build relationships? Also did they promise to bring in economic activity and investment that didn’t already exist?

The point is that the council don’t have to help an organisation out so if you want it you butter them up not go in threatening legal action.

Have you ever considered that with Wasps here the Ricoh becomes affordable for CCFC?

If I tell you I can’t afford to pay the rent you need for your stadium and another club is knocking around that can spread the load and bring a team with nationwide recognition in, why wouldn’t you do it? I mean if you aren’t the sort to froth about wasps. Purely from a dispassionate POV.

Im not saying that’s all it was, but it makes far more sense than “bunch of Coventry people many of whom are long term City fans decide to try and kill CCFC using Wasps” which seems to be the current prevailing theory.

Nick

Administrator
How did Wasps approach it? Did they start by surrounding themselves with cranks with long held gripes against the council? Did they play silly buggers with negotiations? Or did they approach them in a normal way and try and build relationships? Also did they promise to bring in economic activity and investment that didn’t already exist?

The point is that the council don’t have to help an organisation out so if you want it you butter them up not go in threatening legal action.

Have you ever considered that with Wasps here the Ricoh becomes affordable for CCFC?

If I tell you I can’t afford to pay the rent you need for your stadium and another club is knocking around that can spread the load and bring a team with nationwide recognition in, why wouldn’t you do it? I mean if you aren’t the sort to froth about wasps. Purely from a dispassionate POV.

Im not saying that’s all it was, but it makes far more sense than “bunch of Coventry people many of whom are long term City fans decide to try and kill CCFC using Wasps” which seems to be the current prevailing theory.

Wasps made promises to bring economic activity which turns out to have been bullshit. It has also cost probably more economic activity by losing the football club.

It really doesn't make more sense, especially as that has happened multiple times. Last time it was with Haskell and look how that one turned out?

Maybe the Trust can disclose what they have spoken to Wasps about in all of their meetings then? ;) Didn't the Trust go on Live TV and demand the club goes into Administration?

Again, you have this strange block of particular events you seem to ignore.

shmmeee

Wasps made promises to bring economic activity which turns out to have been bullshit. It has also cost probably more economic activity by losing the football club.

It really doesn't make more sense, especially as that has happened multiple times. Last time it was with Haskell and look how that one turned out?

Maybe the Trust can disclose what they have spoken to Wasps about in all of their meetings then? ;) Didn't the Trust go on Live TV and demand the club goes into Administration?

Again, you have this strange block of particular events you seem to ignore.

Here we go again. The council couldn’t see into the future could they? You can’t go on about broken promises when asking about the initial decision.

Then off about the fucking Trust and Haskell again.

You think the entire council of Coventry has tried to kill CCFC multiple times? Really?

You’re becoming a parody. Have a little intellectual curiosity instead of turning everything into some drama. You jump from one event to another to try and weave this narrative that when taken as a whole just doesn’t make sense.

Bunch of CCFC fans want to kill the club. Why? For what purpose? Just think about it come on.

If you weren’t so desperate to paint everything into this black and white goodies vs baddies story we might get somewhere.

shmmeee

Cleary everyone involved from a CCFC fan end was worried Sisu would take the club out of Coventry for an extended period and that would kill us.

Lo and behold we appear to be out of Coventry for an extended period. So it was hardly a crazy position to take.

Nick

Administrator
Here we go again. The council couldn’t see into the future could they? You can’t go on about broken promises when asking about the initial decision.

Then off about the fucking Trust and Haskell again.

You think the entire council of Coventry has tried to kill CCFC multiple times? Really?

You’re becoming a parody. Have a little intellectual curiosity instead of turning everything into some drama. You jump from one event to another to try and weave this narrative that when taken as a whole just doesn’t make sense.

Bunch of CCFC fans want to kill the club. Why? For what purpose? Just think about it come on.

If you weren’t so desperate to paint everything into this black and white goodies vs baddies story we might get somewhere.

So why not have clauses to ensure the promises happened? Penalties if they didn't.

You tell me, why were the trust on TV demanding the club went into adminstration? Haven't people involved with the trust talked since then about forcing adminstration to try and pick the club up at meetings? Ironically a current board member was pushing that.

Hardly a parody is it? It actually happened at the time of Haskell.

Here we are again, you completely ignore things that have actually happened. If you want parody I'd suggest looking a bit closer to home.

I'm just pointing out facts, something you seem to struggle with. No wonder really.

Monners

I don’t understand why you come on here. You don’t read anything anyone else posts and just make up your own things to argue with. You could save the hassle and just write messages to yourself at home.
He is the forums Liam Gallagher. Attention seeker (second most on SBT after .... I am sure you can’t it ou)

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Stuart still thinks Garry monk is brums manager.
Haha. You beat me to it. He's apologised and said its Pep Clothespeg.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Pete has asked the questions about why nobody quizzes wasps when they go on about dropping the legals.

Linnell says he now thinks the indemnity is in place.
It’s pretty simple stuart - you know fuck all... you refuse to ask both parties the questions and take the first answers as gospel

Nick

Administrator
Ohhh Linnell saying he heard lots of things off the record.

Interesting, Linnell is now saying that it can be requested to be forgotten about. Same bullshit CJ came out with after meeting wasps.

Grendel

Ha ha linnel has a source and quotes the shite CJ Joiner cane out with

Taxi for Linnel

Users who are viewing this thread