Cwr post match comments (1 Viewer)

chiefdave

It’s obvious but not official. Like I said before, the ticket sales are relevant. We’ve been told for years if we want a better product we need to turn up. We have done and now we have cash flow issues

it’s alarming that we’re whoring players around, if we’re struggling now imagine the struggle if we get relegated.

It’s time someone fronts up and this comes to a head. SISU and Boddy are out of their depth now - clearly. Christ even Fisher would be an improvement of the stuff Boddy comes out with. He might be a c**t about it but at least he tells it as it is
Can people seriously not see a link between not being able to play home games and having to front the cost of pitch repairs with a cash flow issue?

What do you mean by front up and come to a head? We've been told there's cash flow issues, what else do you want them to say? Without a willing buyer what is coming to a head?

Nick

Administrator
Yes because the cash flows issue is if we get money for season tickets after each game and having to pay out for the pitch up front because Wasps weren't going to and it had to be done to be able to play games.

I have a feeling Wasps have done a marvellous PR job after the pitch was fucked.

As I said, when taking a step back from here / social media you certainly get a different perspective.

Offhegoes

To the rumour of a interested party in CCFC & WASPS. Makes perfect sense. They get the CBS, and 2 sporting teams. I am sure they would be aware there would be more money making potential in the football club, decent investment and we could have a good go at the Premiership.
Any investor will want the stadium, and like it or not that comes with Wasps at the moment. The stadium issue is the only reason we have not been bought before. Anyone can see the massive potential at our club. We would be close to a sell out at the CBS for our home games, if we had genuine investment and a promotion drive.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Can people seriously not see a link between not being able to play home games and having to front the cost of pitch repairs with a cash flow issue?

What do you mean by front up and come to a head? We've been told there's cash flow issues, what else do you want them to say? Without a willing buyer what is coming to a head?
We should not be in a position where 3 missed home games puts us in the brink. What the hell we going to do for the month there aren’t any games? We can’t sell anyone in November.

we haven’t got a willing buyer because SISU appear to be relaxed with the situation.They’re not willing to support the club. They haven’t got the money. Their plan appears to be hope wasps go bust. It’s a fucking shambles and we’re just shrugging our Shoulders at it.

@Nick for someone who was raging about wasps (and I fully agreed and backed you) why is it we’re just accepting the current position?

Nick

Administrator
We should not be in a position where 3 missed home games puts us in the brink. What the hell we going to do for the month there aren’t any games? We can’t sell anyone in November.

we haven’t got a willing buyer because SISU appear to be relaxed with the situation.They’re not willing to support the club. They haven’t got the money. Their plan appears to be hope wasps go bust. It’s a fucking shambles and we’re just shrugging our Shoulders at it.

@Nick for someone who was raging about wasps (and I fully agreed and backed you) why is it we’re just accepting the current position?

It isn't just 3 home games, it's also paying out up front for the pitch.

I'm just looking at things realistically.

Nick

Administrator
To the rumour of a interested party in CCFC & WASPS. Makes perfect sense. They get the CBS, and 2 sporting teams. I am sure they would be aware there would be more money making potential in the football club, decent investment and we could have a good go at the Premiership.
Any investor will want the stadium, and like it or not that comes with Wasps at the moment. The stadium issue is the only reason we have not been bought before. Anyone can see the massive potential at our club. We would be close to a sell out at the CBS for our home games, if we had genuine investment and a promotion drive.
Where's the rumour?

Tommo1993

Think it’s a “rumour” based entirely on hope alone. And maybe because Simon Jordan opened his gob about it for the umpteenth time.

Reactions: AOM

Gynnsthetonic

That Phil that rang in I'm sure he said at first about the blue sky and great pitch at the CBS as he was going to watch Wasp then later said he's never been to a rugby match in his life

Sky Blue Harry H

It’s time someone fronts up and this comes to a head. SISU and Boddy are out of their depth now - clearly. Christ even Fisher would be an improvement of the stuff Boddy comes out with. He might be a c**t about it but at least he tells it as it is

Think the 'whoring' bit is unnecessary. Replace Boddy with Fisher, and Fisher saying we've got to sell someone as we're not a going concern at this level. What's the difference between that and what you are accusing Boddy of? SISU are our owners, so whether they are out of their depth or not is irrelevant unless there is a viable alternative. Boddy just seems to be a scapegoat for conveying the message that you/we don't want to hear, but would prefer to hear from Fisher, as he will say it in a more blunt way, probably referring to turkeys and eagles.

Sky Blue Harry H

I don't see why some people are struggling to understand @Nick 's point re: cashflow. We could have sold 25,000 season tickets and we'd still be struggling in the here and now. Cash isn't released until we play home games, and we'll reached October (when the season started in July) and only played one home game. Cash flow will be in an awful position. 2 months salaries (players and staff), running costs, coach travel and accommodation, pitch repairs. Not the club's fault, but it's a mess.

RegTheDonk

This is it for me. What can we do? We've done protests and all that's happened is the manager and players have said its a distraction. Sepalla probably doesn't even notice they're happening.

We can boycott, again that's been done, that will just result in an even lower budget for the manager.

The fact is we're screwed. The latest hope seems to be someone buying us and Wasps. Lets be realistic, it will take £20m min for SISU to walk and Wasps will need £35m to pay off the bonds. Can you really see anyone paying £55m plus? And that's the problem, we can moan as much as we like about the owners but there's nobody waiting in the wings to take over.
F'k WASPS. Not our problem.

I'd imagine the coucil would happily let them burn and sell CCFC the lease IF SISU sold up and buggered off. It's egos, bile and front, any non biased entity would have cut us the same deal as WASPs.

Grendel

I don't see why some people are struggling to understand @Nick 's point re: cashflow. We could have sold 25,000 season tickets and we'd still be struggling in the here and now. Cash isn't released until we play home games, and we'll reached October (when the season started in July) and only played one home game. Cash flow will be in an awful position. 2 months salaries (players and staff), running costs, coach travel and accommodation, pitch repairs. Not the club's fault, but it's a mess.

It would be slightly odd if we couldn’t get a bridging loan to cover a very short term cash flow issue - two of the games are played in the next few weeks

We have had a fee for a player and I assume the TV money (our biggest source of income) is paid through the season and not at the end?

It’s unfortunate but the cash balance should be able to cope with 8 weeks of unforeseen circumstances or a solution found

Nick

Administrator
It would be slightly odd if we couldn’t get a bridging loan to cover a very short term cash flow issue - two of the games are played in the next few weeks

We have had a fee for a player and I assume the TV money (our biggest source of income) is paid through the season and not at the end?

It’s unfortunate but the cash balance should be able to cope with 8 weeks of unforeseen circumstances or a solution found

A solution was found, wasn't it?

Grendel

Boddy isn't on the board though. He isn't a director.

Wasn't it obvious why we sold Hyam, for cashflow? Season Ticket sales are irrelevant if we only get paid the money for them after each game and had to pay up front for the pitch repairs / no games being on.

Boddy said we did not sell Hyam for cash flow reasons

Grendel

That's my point, it's JS that needs to be hammered about the money and why are SISU still here. If she turns up to any of the meetings again then hit her with those questions.

Yep, things like what are we doing to stay up he should be asked.

Otherwise you get to a point where it's just people aimlessly shouting why aren't we signing Ronaldo. It ends up being like the bloke who shouts at checkout girls in Sports Direct about Mike Ashley.

I guess reading Grendel's vendetta and blaming him for everything and anything he can in every single thread is starting to stick. Yes, quiz him on shit like what are we doing to stay up. However when people are acting like we are already in League 1 and people like Grendel are loving it then what fucking hope do we have?

You say I rubbish Boddy but now you are comparing the Chief Executive of a championship football club to a minimum wage checkout girl?

NorthernWisdom

Oh, and I've spoken to a fair few of the protagonists over the years, and safe to say only one answer I got surprised me really (that I can remember, anyway!) - the rest is just flannel really, isn't it. The likes of Fisher, Seppala, our mate Mr Labovitch etc. are all able to think quick enough on their feet to not give you an answer that's more than a vague invitation to feel what you want to feel, without committing themselves. The only one who comes close to straight talking is actually Boddy, and he appears to not know much about what happens at higher levels...

Grendel

Nick

Administrator
Hes CEO where do you think his accountability starts and ends
As I said, the example question about asking what we are doing to not get relegated then of course ask him. Things like that.

It's pointless asking him why aren't sisu selling and those sorts of things.

Grendel

As I said, the example question about asking what we are doing to not get relegated then of course ask him. Things like that.

It's pointless asking him why aren't sisu selling and those sorts of things.

Its not pointless to ask about the declining lease and the new ground though as any CEO would want to be in the loop on that

Sky Blue Pete

He is a little bit to obvious with his defense of both parties and always has been. The reason for it could be a little of all mentioned on previous posts. But with this call he was put firmly on his arse by the caller and then completed KO'd by Oggy who backed the caller up after Clive's poor attempt to defend Sisu.

Unfortunately for us the caller and Oggy are right in the remarks about the owners. And that means until it changes Clive will carry on hiding behind playing devils advocate in defense of Wasps and Sisu.
Not
Clive said it was Wasps that paid for the new pitch? I thought we/ccfc had paid for it? What was he talking about?
We cash flowed

pusbccfc

I've heard whispers that neither Wasps or CCFC have paid a penny for the repair of the pitch and it was paid, in full, by the CWG committee.

Users who are viewing this thread