Cwr post match comments (2 Viewers)

rexo87

Think he said exactly what most people are thinking but probably can't quite put into words. Loved when Oggy said 'he has a point'

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

robbiekeane

Fair play to him. There's something i can't quite put my finger on with Clive...i know he can't jump up and down and say yeh you're right they're all arseholes (because I assume he needs some kind of relationship with both) but it's more than that - he almost gives the impression that he dislikes any criticism of Wasps and SISU.

How about this clive - how about you remember the day that you were commentating on the game where we got relegated from League one League two the bottom professional league in the pyramid.

He obviously loves the club just something weird about the way he responds

long way home

He is a little bit to obvious with his defense of both parties and always has been. The reason for it could be a little of all mentioned on previous posts. But with this call he was put firmly on his arse by the caller and then completed KO'd by Oggy who backed the caller up after Clive's poor attempt to defend Sisu.

Unfortunately for us the caller and Oggy are right in the remarks about the owners. And that means until it changes Clive will carry on hiding behind playing devils advocate in defense of Wasps and Sisu.

Covkid1968#

Good on you Phil….. the only point I didn’t agree with was the idea of buying Wasps being a no brainier. Personally don’t want Wasps to be any part of our club.

Brighton Sky Blue

Good on you Phil….. the only point I didn’t agree with was the idea of buying Wasps being a no brainier. Personally don’t want Wasps to be any part of our club.

I guess though it’s a more realistic scenario for someone to be interested as they get both the stadium and the club with a possibility to hit big money in the PL.

Wouldn’t want to imagine the asking price for that however

MalcSB

CCFC have paid for the initial outlay but will get it back (over time) from reduced future payments to Wasps. Just how bad can Wasps finances and cash position be for CCFC to have to step in like that?

Frankly_Mr_Shankly

CCFC have paid for the initial outlay but will get it back (over time) from reduced future payments to Wasps. Just how bad can Wasps finances and cash position be for CCFC to have to step in like that?
Like what the caller Phil said, that’s like a landlord asking the tenant to pay for a new roof.

Grendel

Fair play to him. There's something i can't quite put my finger on with Clive...i know he can't jump up and down and say yeh you're right they're all arseholes (because I assume he needs some kind of relationship with both) but it's more than that - he almost gives the impression that he dislikes any criticism of Wasps and SISU.

How about this clive - how about you remember the day that you were commentating on the game where we got relegated from League one League two the bottom professional league in the pyramid.

He obviously loves the club just something weird about the way he responds

He’s paid to commentate on wasps as well as football and cricket so he’s in a pretty much no win situation

Sky Blue Harry H

I feel like as a fan base in general, we’ve laid down and accepted that we’re an uncompetitive championship club. Which is disappointing.

I think it's more that we've accepted that we can't affect anything (above supporting the team/club), rather than accepting that things can't change. We have an almost inextricable link to the fate of Wasps (assuming we accept the non new stadium), The recent climb up the divisions has helped quell the bubbling resentment over the situation.

better days

Think he said exactly what most people are thinking but probably can't quite put into words. Loved when Oggy said 'he has a point'

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
That was interesting
Oggy would never say anything he thinks Mark Robins would be unhappy with

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

And this is why the supporters forum needs to hammer on the point of what SISUs plan is. If they’re not selling what is the point? What is their plan to secure investment? What are they doing about it?

Nick

Administrator
And this is why the supporters forum needs to hammer on the point of what SISUs plan is. If they’re not selling what is the point? What is their plan to secure investment? What are they doing about it?

The only issue with that is that it isn't SISU that are at the meetings. Unless obviously JS turns up to one, then hammer her for the answers.

Sky Blue Harry H

The only issue with that is that it isn't SISU that are at the meetings. Unless obviously JS turns up to one, then hammer her for the answers.
Agreed. I was a Business Manager at an establishment, and staff would often vent their spleen at me over issues, sometimes reasonably, yet I knew that the Head wouldn't shift their position on the matter. I'm sure I was often viewed as Dave Boddy often is in terms of being a chocolate tea pot.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Agreed. I was a Business Manager at an establishment, and staff would often vent their spleen at me over issues, sometimes reasonably, yet I knew that the Head wouldn't shift their position on the matter. I'm sure I was often viewed as Dave Boddy often is in terms of being a chocolate tea pot.
Problem is - Boddy is the mouthpiece - he just says “they’re not selling, let’s move on” he should be hammered. He’s getting a free ride.

1) You told us to turn up - we’ve got record season ticket holders and you’re whoring around our best players - what’s happening.

2) SISU have no money - why are they still here?

3) You said the goal is to stay up - what are we doing to ensure this.

ultimately as Grendel points out, either he gets the answers or what’s the point of him.

Nick

Administrator
Problem is - Boddy is the mouthpiece - he just says “they’re not selling, let’s move on” he should be hammered. He’s getting a free ride.

1) You told us to turn up - we’ve got record season ticket holders and you’re whoring around our best players - what’s happening.

ultimately as Grendel points out, either he gets the answers or what’s the point of him.

That's my point, it's JS that needs to be hammered about the money and why are SISU still here. If she turns up to any of the meetings again then hit her with those questions.

Yep, things like what are we doing to stay up he should be asked.

Otherwise you get to a point where it's just people aimlessly shouting why aren't we signing Ronaldo. It ends up being like the bloke who shouts at checkout girls in Sports Direct about Mike Ashley.

I guess reading Grendel's vendetta and blaming him for everything and anything he can in every single thread is starting to stick. Yes, quiz him on shit like what are we doing to stay up. However when people are acting like we are already in League 1 and people like Grendel are loving it then what fucking hope do we have?

SlowerThanPlatt

I have said apart from family zone/stadium issues the forums are largely pointless

chiefdave

I think it's more that we've accepted that we can't affect anything (above supporting the team/club), rather than accepting that things can't change. We have an almost inextricable link to the fate of Wasps (assuming we accept the non new stadium), The recent climb up the divisions has helped quell the bubbling resentment over the situation.
This is it for me. What can we do? We've done protests and all that's happened is the manager and players have said its a distraction. Sepalla probably doesn't even notice they're happening.

We can boycott, again that's been done, that will just result in an even lower budget for the manager.

The fact is we're screwed. The latest hope seems to be someone buying us and Wasps. Lets be realistic, it will take £20m min for SISU to walk and Wasps will need £35m to pay off the bonds. Can you really see anyone paying £55m plus? And that's the problem, we can moan as much as we like about the owners but there's nobody waiting in the wings to take over.

Nick

Administrator
It's amazing how good it does to not read here and social media, just login and it's the end of the fucking world with Grendel telling everybody Boddy is going to send us bust in every fucking thread.

It's fucking toxic.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

That's my point, it's JS that needs to be hammered about the money and why are SISU still here. If she turns up to any of the meetings again then hit her with those questions.

Yep, things like what are we doing to stay up he should be asked.

Otherwise you get to a point where it's just people aimlessly shouting why aren't we signing Ronaldo. It ends up being like the bloke who shouts at checkout girls in Sports Direct about Mike Ashley.

I guess reading Grendel's vendetta and blaming him for everything and anything he can in every single thread is starting to stick. Yes, quiz him on shit like what are we doing to stay up. However when people are acting like we are already in League 1 and people like Grendel are loving it then what fucking hope do we have?
Boddy is a direct link to Joy. We’re not in League one yet, but unless we start winning that’s where we’re heading.

we’ve been here before, i’m not saying just shouting, it’s alarming we’re repeating the same mistakes.

if we don’t beat Middlesbrough it’s going to get really toxic really quick. Boddy is on the board, it’s his job. He’s whoring Hyam and O’Hare about - we need to know from his mouth why

Nick

Administrator
Boddy is a direct link to Joy. We’re not in League one yet, but unless we start winning that’s where we’re heading.

we’ve been here before, i’m not saying just shouting, it’s alarming we’re repeating the same mistakes.

if we don’t beat Middlesbrough it’s going to get really toxic really quick. Boddy is on the board, it’s his job. He’s whoring Hyam and O’Hare about - we need to know from his mouth why

Boddy isn't on the board though. He isn't a director.

Wasn't it obvious why we sold Hyam, for cashflow? Season Ticket sales are irrelevant if we only get paid the money for them after each game and had to pay up front for the pitch repairs / no games being on.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Boddy isn't on the board though. He isn't a director.

Wasn't it obvious why we sold Hyam, for cashflow? Season Ticket sales are irrelevant if we only get paid the money for them after each game and had to pay up front for the pitch repairs / no games being on.
It’s obvious but not official. Like I said before, the ticket sales are relevant. We’ve been told for years if we want a better product we need to turn up. We have done and now we have cash flow issues

it’s alarming that we’re whoring players around, if we’re struggling now imagine the struggle if we get relegated.

It’s time someone fronts up and this comes to a head. SISU and Boddy are out of their depth now - clearly. Christ even Fisher would be an improvement of the stuff Boddy comes out with. He might be a c**t about it but at least he tells it as it is

Users who are viewing this thread