CWR Phone In (1 Viewer)

KG7

Thanks both. Feels like he's very much in control.

chiefdave

He took stick for going to Sixfields but SISU have worn him down. Good news is it seems TM and the product he's putting on the pitch are reigniting his fires. He will be going to the Walsall game and will go back to the Ricoh but not as a season ticket holder.

So he went to Sixfields but won't go to the Ricoh because of SISU - that makes a lot of sense. Although in 24 hours he seems to have gone from not going even if we got to Wembley to going but not buying a season ticket, which just means it will cost him more so he's 'giving SISU' more money!

skybluetony176

Thanks both. Feels like he's very much in control.

He also recognised that Crewe have been a thorn in our side over recent years and said something along the lines of a good performance and result against them will be a good yard stick of improvement. He didn't put it like that exactly but you got the idea.

Ian1779

So he went to Sixfields but won't go to the Ricoh because of SISU - that makes a lot of sense. Although in 24 hours he seems to have gone from not going even if we got to Wembley to going but not buying a season ticket, which just means it will cost him more so he's 'giving SISU' more money!

It's even more attention seeking than yesterday. Does he plan on getting someone to buy his ticket and then repay them so he won't have to give SISU any money?

Grendel

I knocked it off as soon as he came on.

It sounds like he has excelled himself with his idiocy.

Then again he's being talked about and I suspect that's the main objective.

skybluetony176

It makes perfect sense. He had been going to the Ricoh but he feels deflated by our whole situation over the last few years and recognises that SISU are responsible as owners for our team so the buck stops with them. The guy is hurting from what their actions have inflicted on our team and fans and quite simply they broke him with their actions.

Fair play to SISU, they've secured TM's services and given him the control he wanted so finally they've got an action right that can overturn the dire situation they created.

To be honest I think it would pay dividends if TF and SW could publicly put their hands up to the colossal mistakes they've made since they've been in control. Not least an apology over Sixfields and admitting that they could have done more to stop the move happening. Because let's be honest, when they put 100% into making the move happen and 0% into finding a solution to stay at the Ricoh they always could have done more.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
It's a good job no one put you in charge then. We need as many fans as possible going as often as possible. I assume that you won't be moaning about stay away fans moaning about the playing budget? Seeing as you don't want fans like him around anyway.

In charge of what exactly? I agree we need as many fans as possible, so wont be moaning if stay away fans come back and actually back the side. Forget NOPM (surprised that's still going since we are now back in Coventry; then again, since our return there have been all sorts of excuses for fans to stick to it).

Its clear our owners are here to stay; no matter how many withhold cash from them, they will still fund us as much as they can, but their own money wont be enough to cover the FFP (unless all the hedgefunders start buying merchandise etc :D)

fernandopartridge

It makes perfect sense. He had been going to the Ricoh but he feels deflated by our whole situation over the last few years and recognises that SISU are responsible as owners for our team so the buck stops with them. The guy is hurting from what their actions have inflicted on our team and fans and quite simply they broke him with their actions.

Fair play to SISU, they've secured TM's services and given him the control he wanted so finally they've got an action right that can overturn the dire situation they created.

To be honest I think it would pay dividends if TF and SW could publicly put their hands up to the colossal mistakes they've made since they've been in control. Not least an apology over Sixfields and admitting that they could have done more to stop the move happening. Because let's be honest, when they put 100% into making the move happen and 0% into finding a solution to stay at the Ricoh they always could have done more.

They came out and admitted they'd made mistakes some time ago.

skybluetony176

I knocked it off as soon as he came on.

It sounds like he has excelled himself with his idiocy.

Then again he's being talked about and I suspect that's the main objective.

So as you're the person who started a thread on him I guess he must have pulled the wool over your eyes more than anyone. I guess that makes you a bigger fool than you think he is. Given that he's clearly got one over on you.

chiefdave

It's the timing I don't get. For the first time in years things are looking up. Pretty much everything over the summer has been good news yet he chooses now to stop going. I was a lot more deflated when we buggered off to Sixfields than I am now.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28894278

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sp...tt-apologises-short-changing-coventry-9186183

skybluetony176

It's the timing I don't get. For the first time in years things are looking up. Pretty much everything over the summer has been good news yet he chooses now to stop going. I was a lot more deflated when we buggered off to Sixfields than I am now.

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sp...tt-apologises-short-changing-coventry-9186183

Same here. But we're all different and all have different breaking points and are affected more by some things than others and react differently to improvement's of the back of that. It's called the human condition. I don't pretend to understand the how's and whys he got to this place at this time in the face of, as you say, an improving situation. Doesn't mean I shouldn't be companionate about it, everyone is different. It's as simple as that.

I have to say that I'm surprised he attended Sixfields from what some were saying on here last night. I assumed he was a hard line NOPM who never went to Sixfields and had boycotted since our return home. Just goes to show you never can tell. Cause and effect. The same cause can effect different people differently.

Last edited:

Grendel

So as you're the person who started a thread on him I guess he must have pulled the wool over your eyes more than anyone. I guess that makes you a bigger fool than you think he is. Given that he's clearly got one over on you.

That statement makes no sense.

Neither does Nigel and his inane rants.

skybluetony176

That statement makes no sense.

Neither does Nigel and his inane rants.

Didn't think it would.

You're saying basically he's a fool who wants people to talk about him and his exploits on the radio.

You gladly obliged by starting a thread on him, thus pandering to his needs that you think are foolish.

Who's the bigger fool? The fool or the fool who he fooled into doing what he wanted? I'd say the latter.

skybluetony176

It would be nice to have an apology for taking the team to Sixfields in a wasted 12 Months that we are yet to recover from.
The loss of the Ricoh because of it is unforgivable.

It would be nice to get a specific apology over Sixfields.

I'm sure some will dismiss it and continue with a hard line NOPM stance and some will accept it and return back to the fold. Either way I think it would be the right thing to do and a positive way to move forward.

skybluetony176

Any how on balance I'd say that it was the best phone in after a game in a long time. A great great result and no one calling for the manager to go. Long may they continue in that vain because it can only mean that things are going well.

Grendel

Didn't think it would.

You're saying basically he's a fool who wants people to talk about him and his exploits on the radio.

You gladly obliged by starting a thread on him, thus pandering to his needs that you think are foolish.

Who's the bigger fool? The fool or the fool who he fooled into doing what he wanted? I'd say the latter.

I'd say the people who actually try and claim his arguments are reasonable are the biggest fools.

You seem very defensive of him.

SkyBlue_Bear83

It would be nice to get a specific apology over Sixfields.

I'm sure some will dismiss it and continue with a hard line NOPM stance and some will accept it and return back to the fold. Either way I think it would be the right thing to do and a positive way to move forward.

Coventry City have apologised to fans for their long-running dispute over rent at the Ricoh Arena which led to them playing games at Northampton Town.
The League One club have agreed a two-year deal to resume playing in their home city, with the first match against Gillingham on Friday, 5 September.
"I get the frustration and anger that's been shown by the fans," said Sky Blues development director Steve Waggott.
"I apologise sincerely for everything I may have inflicted on them."

shmmeee

Coventry City have apologised to fans for their long-running dispute over rent at the Ricoh Arena which led to them playing games at Northampton Town.
The League One club have agreed a two-year deal to resume playing in their home city, with the first match against Gillingham on Friday, 5 September.
"I get the frustration and anger that's been shown by the fans," said Sky Blues development director Steve Waggott.

Missed that in all the kerfuffle at the time. Nice touch.

skybluetony176

I'd say the people who actually try and claim his arguments are reasonable are the biggest fools.

You seem very defensive of him.

Most wouldn't even be aware of his arguments if you hadn't so kindly promoted them on his behalf. I know I wouldn't have. I missed the show. I only knew about it thanks to you.

Understanding and compassion are not the same as defensive. It's also good qualities to have. You should give it a go sometime.

skybluetony176

I stand corrected. Missed it at the time. Was probably too engrossed in trying to get tickets for the Gillingham game to be fair ;)

Yes, fair play to them.

Last edited:

Grendel

Most wouldn't even be aware of his arguments if you hadn't so kindly promoted them on his behalf. I know I wouldn't have. I missed the show. I only knew about it thanks to you.

Understanding and compassion are not the same as defensive. It's also good qualities to have. You should give it a go sometime.

He has been the subject of many threads on here.

I didn't hear him today so are the people who refer to him on this thread promoting him?

Did he say he attended Sixfields?

skybluetony176

He has been the subject of many threads on here.

I didn't hear him today so are the people who refer to him on this thread promoting him?

Did he say he attended Sixfields?

This thread is about the phone in in general not started to say what a fool Nigel is (your words) so no. In fact he wasn't even on until somewhere near the end. The star of the show was definitely Ann, the 80year old lady who's going by herself on Tuesday. You don't seem to have anything to say about her. I guess you're too busy promoting Nigel's agenda that you don't agree with to concern yourself with Ann.

He did say he attended Sixfields and took stick for it and IIRC was a season ticket holder last season at the Ricoh, not sure if he was at Sixfields also.

Last edited:

skybluetony176

Talking of Ann. Does anyone know anyone at the club or knows how to contact the club about her. I don't have a twitter account myself but that would seem the easiest way.

Thinking out loud. Wouldn't it be a great gesture if the club laid out the red carpet for her a little? Gave her an upgrade to the executive boxes for instance. Something along those lines. Make a great story for the press.

chiefdave

Talking of Ann. Does anyone know anyone at the club or knows how to contact the club about her. I don't have a twitter account myself but that would seem the easiest way.

Thinking out loud. Wouldn't it be a great gesture if the club laid out the red carpet for her a little? Gave her an upgrade to the executive boxes for instance. Something along those lines. Make a great story for the press.

This is the only email address I can find for a person rather than a general info type contact k[email protected]

Grendel

Same here. But we're all different and all have different breaking points and are affected more by some things than others and react differently to improvement's of the back of that. It's called the human condition. I don't pretend to understand the how's and whys he got to this place at this time in the face of, as you say, an improving situation. Doesn't mean I shouldn't be companionate about it, everyone is different. It's as simple as that.

I have to say that I'm surprised he attended Sixfields from what some were saying on here last night. I assumed he was a hard line NOPM who never went to Sixfields and had boycotted since our return home. Just goes to show you never can tell. Cause and effect. The same cause can effect different people differently.

It's a good job no one put you in charge then. We need as many fans as possible going as often as possible. I assume that you won't be moaning about stay away fans moaning about the playing budget? Seeing as you don't want fans like him around anyway.

He took stick for going to Sixfields but SISU have worn him down. Good news is it seems TM and the product he's putting on the pitch are reigniting his fires. He will be going to the Walsall game and will go back to the Ricoh but not as a season ticket holder.

This thread is about the phone in in general The star of the show was definitely Ann, the 80year old lady who's going by herself on Tuesday. You don't seem to have anything to say about her. I guess you're too busy promoting Nigel's agenda

It seems the only person promoting his agenda is you and oddly the star of the show hasn't been mentioned.

Grendel

Try reading post #10.

As I said. Just showing compassion and understanding. And maybe trying to promote that in others. Shoot me.

So the star of the show warrants two lines from you but as for Nigel.....

fernandopartridge

Try reading post #10.

As I said. Just showing compassion and understanding. And maybe trying to promote that in others. Shoot me.

Indeed, and your mate Obnoxious Nigel seems to think that people like old Anne are beneath him, she is after all, bankrolling Joy's master plan or something.

Users who are viewing this thread