CWR phone in On now until 7pm ish (1 Viewer)

torchomatic

And then the giant bunnies will hippity-hop through the marshmallow forest to see the Wizard Of Dreams in the Crystal Castle, who will make all their wishes come true.

And they all lived happily ever after.

The End.

Imo. investors will wait till after Admin(If they are football fans in the broard term) because (As you stated, will get the club cheaper) but will have more money to invest in the Stadium and team, therefore making the club more successful..just my opinion, but a valid one none the less.:)

coundonskyblue

And then the giant bunnies will hippity-hop through the marshmallow forest to see the Wizard Of Dreams in the Crystal Castle, who will make all their wishes come true.

The End.

Rather than living with that hope then would you prefer to just wait a few weeks for Sisu to liquidate the club?

Sky Blue Kid

So what made you NOT want SISU from Day One? What made the alarm bells ring? Can I also make a prediction? I guarantee that whoever takes over will be the best thing to happen to this club in your eyes.

Exactly what part of the words "Hedge Fund" and what they stand for, don't you understand Torchy?...Can I make a prediction?...If the next owners are anything like "Football, or sport in general Savvy" They will know what to do and when to do it!..ie=knowing that the only way to gain success in Football, is to invest in decent playing staff, and more importantly "Keeping them" and therefore I will most certainly be saying they are better than SISU!
Grenduffy....Come out of the woodwork again since your buddy came online eh?
Carry on as you were...Speaking for the majority lmfao!

Sky Blue Kid

The End.

Better pack in smoking the whacky baccy...It makes you sound like you're talking out of your arse!...Oh sorry, you already are!

Nonleagueherewecome

So what made you NOT want SISU from Day One? What made the alarm bells ring? Can I also make a prediction? I guarantee that whoever takes over will be the best thing to happen to this club in your eyes.

For me it was the fact that they were a Hedge Fund, and my previous career was ended by one of them. I already knew how such firms generally operated and that many of the companies that they strip bare and sell-on as a "profit making" company had actually been made much worse, not better-which is fine for those funds as they've made their pound of flesh, which is all that they care about.

I also realised that there was absolutely zero correlation between the kind of venture that such firms undertake, and the vision being sold to them/to the fans by Ray Ranson: these companies simply don't do long-term, meaning it had to be promotion within two seasons or forget the whole enterprise. They also don't make major investment-they make money by reducing overheads and "cutting the cloth accordingly" so that the balance sheet looks good to potential buyers. That was never their stated intention initially, but as that is what they normally do, it always seemed more likely than the Ranson Dream of soaring into the top flight and making money that way. Instead it's the "strategy" we ended up with post-Ranson, and there was only ever one direction out of the division such a cunning plan would secure! The classic Hedge Fund model doesn't work in football-simply witness last season; you can't just stop signing players, you need to turn it over and keep signing up those cheap lower-league gems that you can sell on for the maximum profit when the time is right. And you can't sell your existing gems from the lower division on at all when you refuse to give them a better contract when their deal is expiring, they've been promised one, and they are vastly outperforming players in the squad on much higher salaries (Westwood, Aron).

The other thing that set alarm bells ringing was of course the way shareholders were forced to hand over their shares with no independent stakeholder in the club left.

And then there was the court cases SISU had been involved in and the infamously revelled-in balls of steel moniker of Seppala.

And then there was pretty much bloody everything that they've done since!

Last edited:

skybluehugh

Your avatar is appropriate. I assume the fingers are stick in the ears to prevent hearing the truth. Or is it to stop the one brain cell rolling out?

Bloody hell Grenel the pot calling the kettle or what. You have got your head so far up Shitsu's arse you can not see how much your mates have fecked our club over.

Grendel

Bloody hell Grenel the pot calling the kettle or what. You have got your head so far up Shitsu's arse you can not see how much your mates have fecked our club over.

I am no supporter of SISU -- total misconception -- however at present not one poster had actually presented a viable alternative

Flying Fokker

You defend SISU to the hilt. Easy really isn't it?

Your point of view is valued. However it is obtuse.

SISU have conducted themselves in an underhand and divisive manner over the time that they have been in control.

shropshirecov

If you make the assumption someone is waiting to take over then why are they waiting to make their offer after we go into administration. They are more interested in getting the club cheap than the club being successful.

Nobody in their right mind would take over CCFC. ACL want too much rent!

Flying Fokker

I think the only real chance of success will be through complete ownership of the club and a commitment from both sides to work towards this goal.

luwalla

Nobody in their right mind would take over CCFC. ACL want too much rent!

ACL do want too much rent.. from SISU

However, listening to the quotes in the press.. i believe that if some other party came in and brought the club, ACL would be more inclined to put a better offer on the table

Moff

Sorry Moff, but you are wrong. I have never wanted SISU to own CCFC from day 1. Owing to what they are and what they stand for.
So you don't recall the "Uproar when SISU bought then sold Dann and Fox." in a relatively short space of time?....Letting Westwood "Run down" his contract? Selling Gunnar, Jukebox, and Turner, the debacle with King,...Remortgaging "Ryton" after saying they were going to be investing £500k there, but didn't?....then start on selling everything including the "Tea Lady"?
Sorry Moff....I don't(Pardon the pun)buy it mate!
To put things "In a nutshell" The longer SISU own CCFC, the further down the leagues we are going to go. We need to cut out the Cancer...and do it now!

No sorry you are wrong, and completely missed my point to write your holier than thou post.

I do recall the uproar when Dann and Fox were sold, over two years after SISU joined. But if you read my post I said for the first few years no one complained at all. Until this point, (but you just conveniently missed that as you do to try to shout over what I said to make out yet again you were right) SISU had invested in the team and I didnt hear anyone dissenting then...you know the same SISU that brought FOX and Dann to the club.

Funny I dont remember seeing you outside the Ricoh on the day SISU took over protesting about it, nor when we signed Fox and Dann.

Oh and before you go off on one, yes I agree SISU have been shit since, but then as no one (apart from £1 Hoffman) has tried to buy the club, and we cant go on without an owner, we have unfortunatly been stuck with them.

Sky Blue Kid

However, listening to the quotes in the press.. i believe that if some other party came in and brought the club, ACL would be more inclined to put a better offer on the table

Spot on mate,:claping hands:and I would suggest that ACL might even give their shares to a Football savvy, ownership with CCC selling their share at a cut down rate.

standupforcity

Everyone is digging in heels.

If a deal is struck at the death between the 2 parties most in here will be devastated. We are the only club that wants administration. Can you explain this? I cannot.

'Digging in heels'...? Personally I always wear my wellies!

Houdi

That comes with a rather large asterisk though - what if nobody is there to replace SISU?
That's the problem people keep ignoring.They have allowed a messianic and irrationaal hatred of SISU,to seemingly not care if CCFC are destoyed as long as SISU are destroyed as well.Egged on by class warriors like Mutton,it seems some of the problem is that they are based in Mayfair,perhaps it would benefit their image if they moved to Peckham or Tower Hamlets.
When the independent football 'finance' expert,with no axe to grind either ways,states he wouldn't touch CCFC with a bargepole then alarm bells should start ringing.
Look how many household high street names have disappeared from the high street,brands with far higher profiles than CCFC.
If the club is wound up,and has to reform several levels down the football pyramid,how on earth do ACL expect a newly formed club with no players as such,and no real assets,to pay anything approaching £400,000.Lets hope ACL have actually got serious interested parties,or else the 'victory' over SISU wii prove to be pyrrhic victory.

shropshirecov

Yep. That's what all good businesses do, agree a new contract with someone, then try and get rid of them in the hope they can get someone else in to pay them less!
Genius accounting!
Oh and what about those people bleating about value to the Coventry council tax payer? I guess they'd be fine with it!

Bennets Afro

"They will never own outright 50% of the Ricoh. They'd have 50% of the lease and would have to recompense the Council for it in some way."

So even if we owned 100% of ACL it's just the lease we. Bit like owning a lease on the pub. Council will still make money off us

Sky Blue Kid

Moff says....I do recall the uproar when Dann and Fox were sold, over two years after SISU joined. But if you read my post I said for the first few years no one complained at all.

Try getting your facts right Moff.....SISU took charge of CCFC in December 2007 Scott Dann was bought in January 2008, and sold on 12th June 2009.
To my recollection that's 18 months after the SISU takeover...Danny Fox was sold 6 weeks later on 24th July.
You're correct when you say SISU invested in the team(Dann and Fox) then immediately sold the pair at a vast profit!
I'm not trying to "Shout you down" I'm simply pointing out where you are wrong mate.;)

coundonskyblue

"They will never own outright 50% of the Ricoh. They'd have 50% of the lease and would have to recompense the Council for it in some way."

So even if we owned 100% of ACL it's just the lease we. Bit like owning a lease on the pub. Council will still make money off us

Lease isn't due to be renewed until 2055, I don't think the Council will 'still be making money off us' (not that it does right now anyway)

"They'd have 50% of the lease and would have to recompense the Council for it in some way." You mean the club would have to pay for something it doesn't currently own?

Sky Blue Kid

The Following User Likes This Useful Post:

torchomatic (44 Minutes Ago)

Typical Torchy on the wacky baccy again, liking a post proven to be wrong....Just realised why!...It's a post in reply to one of mine!:facepalm:

Mary_Mungo_Midge

That's the problem people keep ignoring.They have allowed a messianic and irrationaal hatred of SISU,to seemingly not care if CCFC are destoyed as long as SISU are destroyed as well.Egged on by class warriors like Mutton,it seems some of the problem is that they are based in Mayfair,perhaps it would benefit their image if they moved to Peckham or Tower Hamlets.
When the independent football 'finance' expert,with no axe to grind either ways,states he wouldn't touch CCFC with a bargepole then alarm bells should start ringing.
Look how many household high street names have disappeared from the high street,brands with far higher profiles than CCFC.
If the club is wound up,and has to reform several levels down the football pyramid,how on earth do ACL expect a newly formed club with no players as such,and no real assets,to pay anything approaching £400,000.Lets hope ACL have actually got serious interested parties,or else the 'victory' over SISU wii prove to be pyrrhic victory.

I think their Mayfair location is largely irrelevant in most people's minds. It's the fact that they've played hard and loose with the very existence of our club. This suggests they 'don't care', and the natural, if not necessarily accurate, conclusion to draw is that this is due to their remoteness in some fine blue-ribbon location. Emotion enters the debate. Fans care about their club, and want owners to feel the same way. Many don't. Perhaps they hide that better than Fisher seemingly has.

Again, these 'football experts' talk about ACL's model in it's current form. There have been signs of flexibility on rent, and discussions with regards ownership of the Ricoh - which it's alleged SISU walked away from. Any new owner needs to secure a share, if not total ownership of the Ricoh and it's income streams. But they need to pay a fair price to do so - that's what SISU failed to grasp; they believed they could bully their way toward ownership.

ACL is often criticised for it's profit, but in effect, it's model and books are more likely to attract owners. New owners, prepared to enter candid negotiations with regards the totality of the venue - and with the cash to do so - could pick up a share, or the totality of a venue with a significant income and track-record outside the football season. I've never heard these 'football experts' asked about this opportunity, and until I do so I must take what I've heard of their expert evidence as only part of the story.

If the latter was rolled into the totality of the entity that owned the club; FFP wouldn't even be worth mentioning, as we'd sail through. As such, what ACL have built-up could be of real benefit to the club; should a new buyer play their hand well

Last edited:

Moff

Try getting your facts right Moff.....SISU took charge of CCFC in December 2007 Scott Dann was bought in January 2008, and sold on 12th June 2009.
To my recollection that's 18 months after the SISU takeover...Danny Fox was sold 6 weeks later on 24th July.
You're correct when you say SISU invested in the team(Dann and Fox) then immediately sold the pair at a vast profit!
I'm not trying to "Shout you down" I'm simply pointing out where you are wrong mate.;)

Fair point, well made! :)

Lets hope this time next year we can look back and laugh at the mess we used to be in!

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Sorry if this has been asked earlier (cba to trawl through nearly 110 posts), but can the live broadcast City games be picked up on this as well or is it all down to licences again. Otherwise I might just as well listen through the BBC site.

Sky Blue Kid

Sorry if this has been asked earlier (cba to trawl through nearly 110 posts), but can the live broadcast City games be picked up on this as well or is it all down to licences again. Otherwise I might just as well listen through the BBC site.

Think you'll find that it's CWR radio in Coventry and surrounding area, or the offal site HH. £40 a year mate:(

RoboCCFC90

The Following User Likes This Useful Post:

torchomatic (44 Minutes Ago)

Typical Torchy on the wacky baccy again, liking a post proven to be wrong....Just realised why!...It's a post in reply to one of mine!:facepalm:

Don't flatter yourself mate, everyone has a right to an opinion, it doesn't make that opinion any less right than wrong.

shropshirecov

I think their Mayfair location is largely irrelevant in most people's minds. It's the fact that they've played hard and loose with the very existence of our club. This suggests they 'don't care', and the natural, if not necessarily accurate, conclusion to draw is that this is due to their remoteness in some fine blue-ribbon location. Emotion enters the debate. Fans care about their club, and want owners to feel the same way. Many don't. Perhaps they hide that better than Fisher seemingly has.

Again, these 'football experts' talk about ACL's model in it's current form. There have been signs of flexibility on rent, and discussions with regards ownership of the Ricoh - which it's alleged SISU walked away from. Any new owner needs to secure a share, if not total ownership of the Ricoh and it's income streams. But they need to pay a fair price to do so - that's what SISU failed to grasp; they believed they could bully their way toward ownership.

ACL is often criticised for it's profit, but in effect, it's model and books are more likely to attract owners. New owners, prepared to enter candid negotiations with regards the totality of the venue - and with the cash to do so - could pick up a share, or the totality of a venue with a significant income and track-record outside the football season. I've never heard these 'football experts' asked about this opportunity, and until I do so I must take what I've heard of their expert evidence as only part of the story.

If the latter was rolled into the totality of the entity that owned the club; FFP wouldn't even be worth mentioning, as we'd sail through. As such, what ACL have built-up could be of real benefit to the club; should a new buyer play their hand well

Maybe I've been wrong all along. Maybe ACL are planning to oust sisu then sell the stadium or at least half to a new owner dirt cheap (or let them play there for next to nowt like some other councils do!) all for the good of the football club.
Lets hope so ;-)

RoboCCFC90

After reading all the posts on this thread I have to say I am a little shocked. Some posters believe that the light is at the end of the tunnel we have been in for sometime and that when we are placed into Adminstration, we will be saved by a Kinght in Shining Armour with Millions of £££'s, who will know how to invest into the Football Club and will have the knowledge to take this Football Club forward in a sporting capacity. I genuinely don't think there is some idiot (Would have to be) who would buy the club in its current state (I.e The Ricoh ownership, Rent Structure and a free falling Football Club)!!

If there is then I will happily stand corrected, but in the real world it's just not possible..

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Maybe I've been wrong all along. Maybe ACL are planning to oust sisu then sell the stadium or at least half to a new owner dirt cheap (or let them play there for next to nowt like some other councils do!) all for the good of the football club.
Lets hope so ;-)

ACL are a business like any other. Until such time as they have an offer that they believe is in the best interests of a number of parties - including their own business to whom they bear responsibility, they'll act in the best interests of their business.

There are many people on here with a jaundiced view of ACL and/or councillors; and everyone's entitled to that view. But there are Coventry people in both camps that genuinely - and scoff all you like - care for the City and the club. Maybe with different owners, or - let's play Devils unlikely Advocate - the same owners with a different mindset, you might see a different stance back from ACL. In my mind, SISU haven't given the platform to be accommodating from to date

Sky Blue Kid

Don't flatter yourself mate, everyone has a right to an opinion, it doesn't make that opinion any less right than wrong.

I'm not flattering myself RoboCCFC90. I'm saying that it doesn't matter what my post says, Torchy automatically "Likes" whatever poster disagrees with mine!...That's without even reading what I've posted.:facepalm:

torchomatic

And you do the same. I don't agree with you and vice versa. I actually do read your posts, I just find what you write total nonsense, and you no doubt feel the same about my posts. No problem, just the way it is.

I'm not flattering myself RoboCCFC90. I'm saying that it doesn't matter what my post says, Torchy automatically "Likes" whatever poster disagrees with mine!...That's without even reading what I've posted.:facepalm:

Users who are viewing this thread