Custody Law (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Harry H

If she knows you post on here, be careful what you put on here. Also remember, it is the kids that are most important. Do not act in the heat of the moment, and as long as you act like a good dad in front of your kids, you will not lose them in the long run. Do not let the fact that she is with someone else cloud your judgment/actions. Good luck mate.

no_loyalty

Anyone know where I can get advice on family law? Need to know what my rights and likelihood of any battle is likely to be. Happy for a few websites or even better a recommendation for a lawyer that won’t break the bank.

Father's for justice is the only way forward, you know it makes sense.

Only joking, good luck hope you get it sorted

shmmeee

Cheers again guys. Should be more careful what I put on here. Always been too open lol.

@Sky Blue Harry H : I think your advice is probably the best. I got scared I’d be replaced in my kids eyes before I’d even started my new life. I can’t let me anger and misery affect the kids and the love they need. You just hear so many scare stories and she was telling me I’d never see them again.

Went over last night and got an apology from her and a promise to keep him away for a few months while the kids readjust. Still think he’s a prick, but ultimately that’s not going to help my kids live a happy life.

Thanks again everyone, this place always comes through in a bind. Nick: you’ve built a really special community here.

Terry Gibson's perm

Cheaper for a hitman and a roll of carpet?*

*I was in a pub once, one of my mates got off the phone and said "fucking bitch" or something and a random bloke came over and seriously offered to sort it. It was funny but equally scary.

So Nick you know these kind of people and we have had to put up with 10 years of Seppala we could have had a go fund me for that.

Tim if you are reading this it’s only a joke I would go for you first

But joking apart good luck Shmmeee

Last edited:

Otis

Cheers again guys. Should be more careful what I put on here. Always been too open lol.

@Sky Blue Harry H : I think your advice is probably the best. I got scared I’d be replaced in my kids eyes before I’d even started my new life. I can’t let me anger and misery affect the kids and the love they need. You just hear so many scare stories and she was telling me I’d never see them again.

Went over last night and got an apology from her and a promise to keep him away for a few months while the kids readjust. Still think he’s a prick, but ultimately that’s not going to help my kids live a happy life.

Thanks again everyone, this place always comes through in a bind. Nick: you’ve built a really special community here.
Yep, Harry's right. You be the righteous one. You be the one who is accomodating and seen to be fair and not difficult and do document everything.

Really hope you can have an amicable break up and great access to the kids. I have seen it happen.
One of my daughter's friend's parents split up and they are really laid back about who has the daughter and when. Really, really flexible.

Can happen and the parents really do not get along at all.

Nick

Administrator
Yep, Harry's right. You be the righteous one. You be the one who is accomodating and seen to be fair and not difficult and do document everything.

Really hope you can have an amicable break up and great access to the kids. I have seen it happen.
One of my daughter's friend's parents split up and they are really laid back about who has the daughter and when. Really, really flexible.

Can happen and the parents really do not get along at all.

Only thing with that is when the other side take the piss.

Otis

Only thing with that is when the other side take the piss.
Yep, but then it is best to have a bite your lip attitude.

With my wife's friend, her husband remained calm throughout and he won every single court battle.

She was getting het up over the injustice and unfairness and he just smirked his way through the whole process.

Manchester_sky_blue

Cheers edgy. I get that feeling about the cash but it’s my kids and I’d go bankrupt if it meant not losing them. Hoping we can resolve amicably still but she’s making claims and I have no idea how factual they are so just looking for some advice and understanding for now.
If you are a member of a trade union you can often get free or heavily discounted family law advice. If you aren't a member yet it might be worth joining up. Some unions will let you access that advice from day one but most demand a minimum membership period before you can (for obvious reasons) but its not usually more than 3 months or so.

Users who are viewing this thread