Cup draw (1 Viewer)

duffer

I hope we don't have to start hating Maidstone because they were disappointed at drawing us instead of Man City. Who in their position wouldn't be?

Taking it as somehow disrespectful is ludicrously thin-skinned, in my opinion. I hope we get through the replay, and Maidstone come to the CBS, all of their fans have a great day out, and we spank them 5-0. But not because I feel disrespected, just because I want us to win.

The hate thing isn't required, imho, as mentioned elsewhere, the game is ugly enough already in some ways.

robbiekeane

I hope we don't have to start hating Maidstone because they were disappointed at drawing us instead of Man City. Who in their position wouldn't be?

Taking it as somehow disrespectful is ludicrously thin-skinned, in my opinion. I hope we get through the replay, and Maidstone come to the CBS, all of their fans have a great day out, and we spank them 5-0. But not because I feel disrespected, just because I want us to win.

The hate thing isn't required, imho, as mentioned elsewhere, the game is ugly enough already in some ways.
I don’t think it’s that deep mate

Astute

For anyone thinking the Maidstone supporters were being disrespectful.... what would your reaction have been if we drew Luton?

Their first time ever...and most probably last time they will reach the 5th round. It would have been the same reaction if they got Luton.

Whatever anyone says they are proper football supporters. No glory supporters in non league. Never much to look forward to. Constant financial problems. I'm happy for them. Hope they enjoy their day out at our place.

Would still like us to look at their GK. From what I have read was very promising but then had serious family problems. His head is now back in the right place. Only 32 which is good for a GK. He is easily Championship level. Ipswich will confirm that.

SBbucks

For anyone thinking the Maidstone supporters were being disrespectful.... what would your reaction have been if we drew Luton?

Their first time ever...and most probably last time they will reach the 5th round. It would have been the same reaction if they got Luton.

Whatever anyone says they are proper football supporters. No glory supporters in non league. Never much to look forward to. Constant financial problems. I'm happy for them. Hope they enjoy their day out at our place.

Would still like us to look at their GK. From what I have read was very promising but then had serious family problems. His head is now back in the right place. Only 32 which is good for a GK. He is easily Championship level. Ipswich will confirm that.

No glory supporters?
Their normal home gate is 1500-2000 and they took 4600 to Ipswich. Once they are knocked out the majority will never see them again (unless they have another cup run).

Robinshio

No glory supporters?
Their normal home gate is 1500-2000 and they took 4600 to Ipswich. Once they are knocked out the majority will never see them again (unless they have another cup run).
100% correct - remember Nuneaton taking 5000 to middlesbrough
If we beat Sheff Wed (if ) we will score 7+ and probably 10 against Maidstone - They really are at a very low level of football and have had their day

torchomatic

Date confirmed then as 6th Feb, 7:45 for replay.

baldy

If he was that decent he would've been snapped up before the match on Saturday where no doubt all of their players raised their game - I wouldn't go OTT about him from just a one-off match

torchomatic

All I'll say is "Clayton Ince".

skybluegod

I agree with the first part of the message but the bottom paragraph is a load of Tosh. He is not championship level. Having one amazing game doesn't mean you are at the level. It was like when Crewe's second choice/keeper coach had the game of his life against is in the JPT semi years back. Players playing out of their skin for one game is totally different to being at the level.

He has played 20 games in league football and then never been above national league. He hasn't had family problems for 15 years... Go look through some of the games he played of the clips I have seen he doesn't cover himself in glory at times. It would be the gamble of all gambles to give a 32 year old keeper his chance in the championship for a promotion pushing team.

Robinshio

Oh my complacency
ffs no - we are not talking high spenders in National league premier (who we should have still slaughtered) This is a team who are really 2 or 3 levels below that - and out team is now a level above where we were 12 months ago

It is up to the team not to be complacent, but as a match up - it certainly wouldnt be a match up

Astute

No glory supporters?
I didn't mean for the cup games. Just their usual supporters supporters who never have a lot to cheer.

Terry Gibson's perm

If we win replay let maidstone keep gate receipts for game at CBS .

I am thinking the total opposite lower the price as low as we are allowed to so they make less money out of the tie fuck them.

SleepyGinger

WE ARE MASSIVE

Booing because they didn’t get Man City away to lose 10-0 to their under 18s in front of a dead crowd. Whether it’s us or Wednesday we’ll be right up for it for a chance to get to a quarter final and a decent crowd, will make for a much better atmosphere/game. Ungrateful wankers.

Astute

I agree with the first part of the message but the bottom paragraph is a load of Tosh. He is not championship level. Having one amazing game doesn't mean you are at the level. It was like when Crewe's second choice/keeper coach had the game of his life against is in the JPT semi years back. Players playing out of their skin for one game is totally different to being at the level.

He has played 20 games in league football and then never been above national league. He hasn't had family problems for 15 years... Go look through some of the games he played of the clips I have seen he doesn't cover himself in glory at times. It would be the gamble of all gambles to give a 32 year old keeper his chance in the championship for a promotion pushing team.
So family problems over and no mental health issues come from them?

Brazil U23 so had plenty of promise. Some people need to give a little bit more consideration for the issues.

hamertime

100% correct - remember Nuneaton taking 5000 to middlesbrough
If we beat Sheff Wed (if ) we will score 7+ and probably 10 against Maidstone - They really are at a very low level of football and have had their day
If we get past Wednesday I’d like us to go for 10 against against them, will be nice to see their tears running down their tin foil cardboard fa cups.

lifeskyblue

If we get past Wednesday we have to take the Maidstone game seriously. People saying 10 are crazy. I’d be more than happy with any win (preferably comfortable and a clean sheet) and another home draw. They won’t roll over and will have learnt from the opening 20mins v Ipswich

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread