Cup draw (3 Viewers)

skybluegod

So family problems over and no mental health issues come from them?

Brazil U23 so had plenty of promise. Some people need to give a little bit more consideration for the issues.

Do you know he had them? You are presuming something to make a point. Even with mental health issues, it doesn't then necessarily make him a better footballer without them.

Brazil U23 means naff all. Nathan Cameron played for England U20's. He's also only 32 should we resign him? It's a consideration but you can still look beyond them too. Issues are mitigating, doesn't mean he'd be the next Allison.

SBT

I get that they would like Man City, big payday etc. but whoever gets through out of us and Sheff Wed need to show the squad that before the match. Should be motivation enough to go show the non league slugs what a proper football team looks like
Imagine booing a cup draw on TV 🤣
Booing because they didn’t get Man City away to lose 10-0 to their under 18s in front of a dead crowd. Whether it’s us or Wednesday we’ll be right up for it for a chance to get to a quarter final and a decent crowd, will make for a much better atmosphere/game. Ungrateful wankers.
This is why we need a proper nemesis, our fans are so thirsty for rivalry we’re trying to start beef with Maidstone United!

skyblue1991

So family problems over and no mental health issues come from them?

Brazil U23 so had plenty of promise. Some people need to give a little bit more consideration for the issues.
He wouldn't be at Maidstone at the age of 32 if he has any professional footballing quality

Sent from my Pixel 8 using Tapatalk

Alkhen

This is why we need a proper nemesis, our fans are so thirsty for rivalry we’re trying to start beef with Maidstone United!
Not really what I was suggesting. Totally get why they would be disappointed. BUT that video should be motivation enough to fire the squad up to smash a non league team, remind them they are 5 levels below and should be delighted to play us.

Grendel

He wouldn't be at Maidstone at the age of 32 if he has any professional footballing quality

Of course he wouldn’t - he was moved on from port vale in league 2

Astute

Was his way back into football. Saw where he said he is after a Championship side.

So Maidstone have already seen off a few league sides including Ipswich where he played a blinder. No chance with their goal. We should get another chance to see how good he really is. I'm not writing him off. Should have at least another 5 years in him.

baldy

Was his way back into football. Saw where he said he is after a Championship side.

So Maidstone have already seen off a few league sides including Ipswich where he played a blinder. No chance with their goal. We should get another chance to see how good he really is. I'm not writing him off. Should have at least another 5 years in him.

For someone called Astute you're really not - he was laughing when he said about going to the Championship ffs

Astute

Do you know he had them? You are presuming something to make a point. Even with mental health issues, it doesn't then necessarily make him a better footballer without them.

Brazil U23 means naff all. Nathan Cameron played for England U20's. He's also only 32 should we resign him? It's a consideration but you can still look beyond them too. Issues are mitigating, doesn't mean he'd be the next Allison.
I was interested in knowing more about him after they won. One way traffic but he kept them at bay. I don't believe everything I read but didn't read anything negative about him.

There are some gems in non league. I agree a 32 year old in non league wouldn't normally interest anyone but there's reasons with him. If our GK put in a performance like that we would be loving it. I don't understand why people don't think he is worth another look. His reflexes are super sharp.

Astute

For someone called Astute you're really not - he was laughing when he said about going to the Championship ffs
I suppose he is shite just like all our new signings this season.

Have you watched the game? Saves going for the top corner. Saves for the bottom corners. Ripped a couple over the bar that suddenly dipped. Stayed big and saved. What we didn't see was his handling.

Last edited:

baldy

I was interested in knowing more about him after they won. One way traffic but he kept them at bay. I don't believe everything I read but didn't read anything negative about him.

There are some gems in non league. I agree a 32 year old in non league wouldn't normally interest anyone but there's reasons with him. If our GK put in a performance like that we would be loving it. I don't understand why people don't think he is worth another look. His reflexes are super sharp.

Yes - in one match - stop being thick

SlowerThanPlatt

There are but a 32 year old is rather unlikely to be the next one.

Astute

Yes - in one match - stop being thick
And how about their cup run? Beat every league side put in front of them so far. 38 shots 13 on target. The only one he let in was unstoppable. The Ipswich keeper? Should have saved the second.

baldy

Don't be silly. I said worth another look. Why isn't he worth another look?

Apart from the fact he's done nothing of note before Saturday when he had a decent one-off match - by that reckoning,we may as well re-sign Oggy if you saw him play well in a one-off match too

Astute

Apart from the fact he's done nothing of note before Saturday when he had a decent one-off match - by that reckoning,we may as well re-sign Oggy if you saw him play well in a one-off match too
So what do you know about him? What do you know about his previous games?

Like I said hopefully we will see him with our own eyes soon.

How many of our new signings did you call shite?

baldy

And how about their cup run? Beat every league side put in front of them so far. 38 shots 13 on target. The only one he let in was unstoppable. The Ipswich keeper? Should have saved the second.

He hasn't scored the goals that have put them through every round though - you're talking absolute gibberish

SkyBlueMatt

Let be honest, they've already played a championship team in the cup. It's not the most glamorous for them even if it will be the best ground they've played at.

I'd feel the same if we had got drawn against most of the teams in the draw. Brighton, Bournemouth, Forest, Luton, Newcastle :sleep:

Providing we get through, a QF against one of these please:

Villa (Home preferably)
Liverpool (away - a great day on the beer)
Man Utd (away)

baldy

So what do you know about him? What do you know about his previous games?

Like I said hopefully we will see him with our own eyes soon.

How many of our new signings did you call shite?

He's way way below the standard that we signed all our new players from though - do you know anything?

duffer

Hardly. It’s just very cringe booing anything on TV, cool your jets.
Who's getting hot here?

Personally I think it's pretty strange trying to fall out with Maidstone because we think they should be on their knees with gratitude at meeting the mighty Sky Blues instead of Man City.

Such an odd thing to get all upset over an entirely understandable reaction, imho. Hardly 'cringe' for them to express moderate disappointment at missing out on playing Man City. Imagine the reaction here if we'd drawn them.

Astute

Eh? Oggy was a top flight keeper by his mid 20s.
And didn't have the problems he has had.

OK I bow to those with the superior knowledge that those who thought our new signings were shite. Let's wait until the 5th round.

Astute

He's way way below the standard that we signed all our new players from though - do you know anything?
I know you're clueless and continue to prove so. You come out with no evidence but mouth off an opinion.

baldy

And didn't have the problems he has had.

OK I bow to those with the superior knowledge that those who thought our new signings were shite. Let's wait until the 5th round.

Why do you keep blabbering on about new signings? What's that got to do with anything? He's not a new signing for us

Travs

Let be honest, they've already played a championship team in the cup. It's not the most glamorous for them even if it will be the best ground they've played at.

I'd feel the same if we had got drawn against most of the teams in the draw. Brighton, Bournemouth, Forest, Luton, Newcastle :sleep:

Providing we get through, a QF against one of these please:

Villa (Home preferably)
Liverpool (away - a great day on the beer)
Man Utd (away)

I recall many on here deriding Barnsley as a "shit" draw when we were a division below them. (quite apart from the fact that Barnsley is actually a decent away day)

The hypocrisy on here is unbelievable at times.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

For anyone thinking the Maidstone supporters were being disrespectful.... what would your reaction have been if we drew Luton?

Their first time ever...and most probably last time they will reach the 5th round. It would have been the same reaction if they got Luton.

Whatever anyone says they are proper football supporters. No glory supporters in non league. Never much to look forward to. Constant financial problems. I'm happy for them. Hope they enjoy their day out at our place.

Would still like us to look at their GK. From what I have read was very promising but then had serious family problems. His head is now back in the right place. Only 32 which is good for a GK. He is easily Championship level. Ipswich will confirm that.

Yeah, when it got down to the last 4 balls and Luton were still there, I thought, ooh not Luton away.

skybluegod

We are aiming for the premiership. We don't need to go for punts on 32 year olds with no league experience (based on one cup game). If you were saying as a reserve keeper, maybe? Even then i personally still it's nuts. A negative background isn't enough of a mitigation to warrant wasting our time. If he was 20 something with room for growth maybe. But I'd rather Wilson over him personally.

TomRad85

No way it happens again. This team we put out vs Wrexham is fucking nightmare fuel, not sure we could field a team this bad even if we tried any more. Screenshot_20240129_152627_Google.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Reactions: SBT

Astute

Why do you keep blabbering on about new signings? What's that got to do with anything? He's not a new signing for us
Just showing how uneducated you are.

And why is there such a problem with giving a player a second look that has shown a lot of promise?

Astute

We are aiming for the premiership. We don't need to go for punts on 32 year olds with no league experience (based on one cup game). If you were saying as a reserve keeper, maybe? Even then i personally still it's nuts. A negative background isn't enough of a mitigation to warrant wasting our time. If he was 20 something with room for growth maybe. But I'd rather Wilson over him personally.
Why all the total negativity on a player i said give a second look at?

Shouldn't we ever have a second look at a player who stands out from the crowd?

Brighton Sky Blue

Why all the total negativity on a player i said give a second look at?

Shouldn't we ever have a second look at a player who stands out from the crowd?
Look at how he's playing every week in Division 6 and if he's looking miles above the level, perhaps look more closely.

Users who are viewing this thread