COVID pass (3 Viewers)

JAM See

Im saying you can download a Q Code that’s valid for 48 hours and refresh

What gig was it?
Damon Albarn. At the old ABC cinema.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

I haven’t had chance to read each page of the thread (so apologies if repeating the point) but it can already take 20-30 minutes to get in the ground and through the turnstiles. Whilst I don’t think the additional act of showing the NHS app will increase the entry time too much, it’s the idiots that start arguing about not having it (anti vax, phones out of battery etc) that I think will whack the time up it takes to get into the ground.

Going to be leaving the Sheaf an hour before kick off at this rate

Brighton Sky Blue

I haven’t had chance to read each page of the thread (so apologies if repeating the point) but it can already take 20-30 minutes to get in the ground and through the turnstiles. Whilst I don’t think the additional act of showing the NHS app will increase the entry time too much, it’s the idiots that start arguing about not having it (anti vax, phones out of battery etc) that I think will whack the time up it takes to get into the ground.

And that's only if he doesn't smile

Liquid Gold

To be honest it probably won’t take any longer as they’ll just walk up and down checking the queues which move at a snail pace.

fatso

Of the whole population it’s 70% but of the impacted it’s much higher
Will there be an age limit for those that need to show proof. If parents are taking kids for example, will the kids need proof of a negative test.

Mcbean

Have been to the bike show where a covid pass was required - just flashed the phone or paper to someone adjacent to the queue - very quick - everyone geared up

rob9872

We're ok with our season tickets, all the other clubs need to get themselves a Cov ID

rob9872

Have been to the bike show where a covid pass was required - just flashed the phone or paper to someone adjacent to the queue - very quick - everyone geared up
Bikes, gears - pedalling your shit jokes, give it a brake will ya!

pusbccfc

It's really easy and as others have said, it works well at gigs, albeit with little scrutiny. If you've had you jabs, it's even easier. If not, lateral flows are quick and take very little time to upload.

In regards to queues. We have them anyway because bags are checked and everyone is patted down. Flashing a barcode on a phone in theory should be the quickest part.

However, there will be people moaning or taking time with their phones.

It will be interesting to see what the club do. Easiest solution is to employ a few more stewards to do the check but that's an additional cost.

Reactions: AOM

Grendel

If you generate one using the NHS app it is, just tried it and it's good until 8/1
I don’t get it - just done it again and it’s 48 hours

torchomatic

Gynnsthetonic

It doesn't expire , been this way since it came out .
Open the app tomorrow it will say the 9th because you can generate it as and when required

30 days rolling continuously

Every person who opens it today will have the 8th
It's says expires on the app same as the international travel one, it must last for a calender month from when you open it

Grendel

Lol don't know what I have done I can refresh every 5 minutes but only 48 hours ahead then its expired

Grendel

JonesBob

I really can't understand the logic behind people not wanting the vaccine, I think it's proof enough that it works with the number of deaths concerning the elderly, far fewer than before the vaccine. What is the logic of going and getting drunk every weekend or snorting stuff and not wanting the jab because it has side effects? Maybe they have a fear it will make them normal?
On the other hand, I can't understand this passport nonsense at major events. If people have a fear of the virus then they shouldn't go to large events. I am nearly 60 and won't go to the games while the threat worsens. I don't want to trust a snotty nosed junked up lad with regards to my medical conditions.
Confucius said that life is simple, it's only human that like to complicate it.

M&B Stand

I really can't understand the logic behind people not wanting the vaccine, I think it's proof enough that it works with the number of deaths concerning the elderly, far fewer than before the vaccine. What is the logic of going and getting drunk every weekend or snorting stuff and not wanting the jab because it has side effects? Maybe they have a fear it will make them normal?
On the other hand, I can't understand this passport nonsense at major events. If people have a fear of the virus then they shouldn't go to large events. I am nearly 60 and won't go to the games while the threat worsens. I don't want to trust a snotty nosed junked up lad with regards to my medical conditions.
Confucius said that life is simple, it's only human that like to complicate it.

Whenever I mention I’m vaccinated, the first response is usually ‘well you can still catch it and spread it’. Not sure what the point of a vaccine passport is In that case, and the Lateral flow test you do at home, but dont actually have to do, just report a negative result…. Just seems like pure theatre.

Users who are viewing this thread